My career and optimism

The irony. I have two injuries but neither are from training.

3 weeks ago, I popped my elbow and it filled up with fluid. Made me ill, from fever and fighting infection. I went back a few days ago. My cardio is 75% but now some back ache I must work around. Had to decline a fight in Latvia as a precaution. Now, I am waiting for a match in December.

My injuries = sitting down all day at a screen with no option to stand. Picking up my baby 500 times a day.

I'll post video when I fight next.

im again very similar to you!

The fluid in your elbow is most likely Bursitis. You can drain it yourself or have the Dr. do it. I had the same thing a while back from elbowing too much.

Hey man, good for you chasing the dream.

Out of interest which camp do you train out of?

So, this is me. I had my old account suspended after a drunken rampage on Sherdog. Not even a yellow card, wuuuut??

Okay. So, it seems forever away and I've had to be patient to not take a fight in the interim but, I'm pending confirmation for a K1 (does anybody actually say that anymore "k1"?) bout in March, south of England.

My opponent, should he come through, has fought in UFC, Bellator and Japan. So, if I can get this bout then I'll be happy for a little bit of exposure on the back of somebody with a following.
I suppose it is "riding the coat-tails" to some extent but that is what you do in the fight world, isn't it?

If it happens, it will be March 3rd. The show I'm aiming to fight on, is affiliated with Super Fight Series, also in UK.
I'd be very happy to fight on SFS after March, if they'll have me.

Whilst some people may think age is against me, it is only injury that can be against me, not age. I'm in good fitness right now and mentally I feel great.

Lots of boxing sparring, technical kicking work and staying around 80 percent of fight fitness. Christmas will be chocolate free.

Sorry to hi-jack the forum with an update, if it's not of interest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey man, good for you chasing the dream.

Out of interest which camp do you train out of?
A bit of a Ronin camp, if you will.
"Cambridge Free Fight". An old club that has been around for quite a few years but most of us have moved away or around the country, been with other clubs and such. I train my boxing with a close group of people I trust, who are affiliated with different places too.

Not quite an "independent" fighter.

https://www.instagram.com/ws2423/

Last edited by a moderator:
A bit of a Ronin camp, if you will.
"Cambridge Free Fight". An old club that has been around for quite a few years but most of us have moved away or around the country, been with other clubs and such. I train my boxing with a close group of people I trust, who are affiliated with different places too.

Not quite an "independent" fighter.

I see, are there no decent camps around you that you could join if you are going to take a crack at it?

Seems like if you are going to thrust yourself into such a heavy fight schedule and some high profile fights it would be great to have a team around you.

I see, are there no decent camps around you that you could join if you are going to take a crack at it?

Seems like if you are going to thrust yourself into such a heavy fight schedule and some high profile fights it would be great to have a team around you.
I think my statement is a bit out of context.

I have 1 Muay Thai coach and 1 boxing coach.

My reference was just to the "camp" I represent. I don't represent anybody per se, only that I train regularly with guys who are good for me. Anybody within a 30 miles radius of me is somebody I've trained with before and set up their own place. There isn't any more benefit being somewhere further out, than where I train now.
15 miles to my Thai Coach. 3 miles to my boxing.

I have 2 or 3 guys who will always corner me and travel with me, which is the most important.

I'm following you on IG homie. It gives me fire seeing the fire in someone else. Keep up the hard work!

I'm following you on IG homie. It gives me fire seeing the fire in someone else. Keep up the hard work!
Huge appreciation @ctrlaltdelete We inspire to inspire.
I might be nobody, or somebody when the road comes to an end but anybody showing interest, I reach out to with thanks.

Good luck to you, this is very inspiring to read. I am almost 35 years old, and am also tied to my office computer most of the day. I can only train one or two days a week at most. It's my dream to take a year off to fight, even if just interclubs and amateurs. All the best!

I used to laugh at people who thought of fighting success as their "destiny". Then I realised the universe will accomodate some paths - some spiritual shit, if you will.

3 weeks ago, I lost a Muay Thai bout on points, to an older fatter man. I'm 1-0 K1 rules, 2-0 (above waist) kickboxing and 0-1 Muay Thai.

This is one of those mad threads where a Sherdogger makes a claim.

Well, here it is.

In about a year, I'll be a well recognised SHW kickboxer. A real one, y'know? I'm 6ft6 and 122kg. Thing is, I'm also 36 but some kind of switch has been hit recently.

I'm throwing this here so that you can come back and criticise this thread/account if I don't "make it".

My aim: Glory. Superkombat. Enfusion (my dream). Kunlun.

Even to make it there as a journeyman will be good enough.
Most people on here will NEVER fight. Of those who do, few will succeed and of those who do, even fewer will hit recognition.
Figure myself to have 3-5 more years at good health and fighting 8+ times in the next 12 months.

Raise a glass Sherdoggers. Here's to destiny *clink*

Out of interest. Did you fight already in the meantime?
Btw. I won my fight on KO in the first round. Oldies still count, haha

Hey, i've been training for nearly 5 years and have had no amatuer fights, which i really want to have some amatuer fights in 2018, your still following your dreams and making them a reality you'll get their, i hope to make it into bellator mma one day, i'm also on a lay off and am slowly getting back into training, and trying to get back into shape.

Out of interest. Did you fight already in the meantime?
Btw. I won my fight on KO in the first round. Oldies still count, haha
Congratulations man. How did you feel? Age is something we can work around, if we are smart.

Well, I made a bit of a mistake in my planning.

I was offered a bout for 3rd March to fight against an MMA fighter who is/was venturing more in to kicboxing.
I said that I'd do 8 weeks straight training in order to fight him but last week was told this is a no go. "Injury". I guess it might just as easily mean that I'm not a big enough name because he signed for a Russian MMA org.

I'm taking several weeks for strength training, respite some back pain.

I have an exhibition boxing match (if a guy says yes) on February 24th, in my home city.
Then, I expect to take a couple of K1 rules before the Summer.

The bigger plan for this year:

DSF Kickboxing, in Poland. I need some fresh footage to show them though. They haven't agreed to anything but I did call out a challenge on their Instagram page and they responded. So, now I have a goal.

Fingers crossed for two wins before Summer and to try and speak with this org, if they are interested after that.

Well, hopefully you can get some fights scheduled soon and make a name for yourself!
Should be pretty interesting to see how much time it takes for you to join the 'big' guys.

Congratulations man. How did you feel? Age is something we can work around, if we are smart.
Thanks! Well, it wasn't an exceptional great fight from my side but I felt strong against a younger and more experienced opponent.

Here's the link if you're interested:

Well, hopefully you can get some fights scheduled soon and make a name for yourself!
Should be pretty interesting to see how much time it takes for you to join the 'big' guys.

Thanks! Well, it wasn't an exceptional great fight from my side but I felt strong against a younger and more experienced opponent.

Here's the link if you're interested:

This is excellent. You know, so many people fight (and get moderatey far) on shitty technique and just powering through but that was a good showing. Props to you man. Are you on Instagram?

If you have a burning desire in you, pursue it. Envision your self where you want to be. Then take the steps to make the dream a reality.

If you think you're training too hard, train twice as much. Best of luck Mr 9 inch punch.

We should never give up on our dream if you really do this in freight.

I used to laugh at people who thought of fighting success as their "destiny". Then I realised the universe will accomodate some paths - some spiritual shit, if you will.

3 weeks ago, I lost a Muay Thai bout on points, to an older fatter man. I'm 1-0 K1 rules, 2-0 (above waist) kickboxing and 0-1 Muay Thai.

This is one of those mad threads where a Sherdogger makes a claim.

Well, here it is.

In about a year, I'll be a well recognised SHW kickboxer. A real one, y'know? I'm 6ft6 and 122kg. Thing is, I'm also 36 but some kind of switch has been hit recently.

I'm throwing this here so that you can come back and criticise this thread/account if I don't "make it".

My aim: Glory. Superkombat. Enfusion (my dream). Kunlun.

Even to make it there as a journeyman will be good enough.
Most people on here will NEVER fight. Of those who do, few will succeed and of those who do, even fewer will hit recognition.
Figure myself to have 3-5 more years at good health and fighting 8+ times in the next 12 months.

Raise a glass Sherdoggers. Here's to destiny *clink*

Back