Losing fat, acquiring the lean Thai build, while living in Thailand

zokce

Text Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I am in Thailand. Somehow I got extremely addicted to snacks and sugar (because they are so cheap here). Anyways, I got a bit doughy even though I was training still.

I would like to have the thin Thai build. My body is capable of it. I want to lose about 10 pounds while still having enough energy to train 4-5 days a weak (2 hour sessions).

The plan is to eat 2-3 meals a day of rice, chicken, noodles, and pork, with whatever vegetables they throw in. Small portions really, the portions they give in Thailand aren’t huge.

I will not cook. I literally don’t have the time. Work from 7:30am-4:00 directly drive to the gym and then come home at 8:30 and prepare for bed. I just don’t have the time with work and training.

Also for my snacking, I just beat the sugar addiction, the intense cravings have subsided. But I still get the urge to snack in between meals. So my plan to snack is pretty much raisins, shelled sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds. Also some fruit every day (without the sugar powder) like pineapple, and mango. Just because I love them. How are these for snacks?

Anything I should adjust? Any tips? I’m not worried about building muscle. I just want the lean build that I am capable of. Basically I want my abs to show.

I think their physiques are a result of very hard work, genetics and fairly clean, albeit carb heavy, diets.

Try it CONSISTENTLY for at least 10 weeks. If it's not giving you the results you want, analyze all aspects and make adjustments accordingly. I do better, physique wise, on lower carbs and higher fats while still performing at a high level for jiu jitsu, wrestling and striking.

2 to 3 meals might not be enough if you're training hard. Unless the portions are huge. even then it's probably not an optimal approach.

you gotta run alot like a Thai (before class) to lean up as well

Depends on what you mean by lean thai build. Like a Nak muay, or a slim starved tuk tuk driver?

I am kinda build like a thai.

fdbRDGO.jpg

I am in Thailand. Somehow I got extremely addicted to snacks and sugar (because they are so cheap here). Anyways, I got a bit doughy even though I was training still.

I would like to have the thin Thai build. My body is capable of it. I want to lose about 10 pounds while still having enough energy to train 4-5 days a weak (2 hour sessions).

The plan is to eat 2-3 meals a day of rice, chicken, noodles, and pork, with whatever vegetables they throw in. Small portions really, the portions they give in Thailand aren’t huge.

I will not cook. I literally don’t have the time. Work from 7:30am-4:00 directly drive to the gym and then come home at 8:30 and prepare for bed. I just don’t have the time with work and training.

Also for my snacking, I just beat the sugar addiction, the intense cravings have subsided. But I still get the urge to snack in between meals. So my plan to snack is pretty much raisins, shelled sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds. Also some fruit every day (without the sugar powder) like pineapple, and mango. Just because I love them. How are these for snacks?

Anything I should adjust? Any tips? I’m not worried about building muscle. I just want the lean build that I am capable of. Basically I want my abs to show.
Cutting out the sugar alone will do wonders for ya! Throw in nuts as snacks (good fats, protein) and you're ready. :)

If you can, eat those 2-3 meals within an eight hour window daily. A time restricted diet will help reduce your body's inflammation, improve immune system, control your body's appetite hormones on top of burning fat.

if you are in thailand right now, why don't you just live, train and eat how the thais do?

Cutting out the sugar alone will do wonders for ya! Throw in nuts as snacks (good fats, protein) and you're ready. :)

id not eat many nuts while cutting those suckers add up fasttt in calories i think blackberrys and kiwi are best fruits snack for cutting and vitamins

id not eat many nuts while cutting those suckers add up fasttt in calories i think blackberrys and kiwi are best fruits snack for cutting and vitamins
While it is true that nuts are very caloric, most of the calories in them come in the form of healthy fats and protein, thus they won't be get you fat anytime soon. The same amount of calories consumed in the form of fruits (where these calories will come as FRUCTOSE) may indeed turn into fat. Fruits are still better than processed food and sweets since fruits include FIBER, which is essential for proper carb management.

In short: it's not about how much (calories) you eat, it's about WHAT you eat (carbs, protein, fat).

Back