Remington 870 DM. Has Big Green finally bested Mossy?

FyrFytr998

When the shit keeps piling up…Get a shovel.
@Gold
Reaction score
90606290-DA13-4AF0-AA62-8FEB185CAD2C.jpeg
58966A48-5032-456B-80D3-D5E336DD2B3B.jpeg
These are just two models of Remington’s newest family member.

The Big Green “R” is rolling out a magazine fed pump action for the masses in 2018. So far, preliminary indications are that it’s a winner, and not just a retrofit on the current 870’s. And unlike Saiga and Black Aces “rock in” mags, these load into the weapon like good ol’ AR15’s. The mags are proprietary though and will retail around the $30+ mark for extras. Word has it that the mags fit into .308 taco style mag holders for carry. Also, there will be 3 round magazine offerings for hunters with state restrictions.

All the reviews I’ve seen and read have had zero feeding issues, which is more than I can say for any Black Aces Mossberg models. I also believe there will be 6 model offerings on the DM.

So what say you? Has Remington finally offered something to sway people away from Mossberg? Do you think Mossberg is gonna come back with something of their own?

PS- I am currently a Mossberg owner, but I think this is just way more practical if all the accolades are true. Mossy better get an answer to market.

PERSONALLY, a magazine fed pump action has me doing this:
<JagsKiddingMe><Varys01><{hfved}><DisgustingHHH><34>{<huh}

Like... was anyone CLAMORING for this? I can get magazine fed in a semi-automatic but in a pump?

Like, to each their own for what they want to spend their money on obviously but I just don't get the point.

Like, if you use it for hunting most people are limited to 3 rounds which means you have this box thing that can snag on shit while hunting for no real benefit.

You want to run it for homedefense I MIGHT get it but if I am using a shotgun in the house I personally would prefer a Saiga or like a Benelli M4.

Like... was anyone CLAMORING for this? I can get magazine fed in a semi-automatic but in a pump?

You must live in one of dem there free states I hear about. I got another 10 to 15 before I can go somewhere Saiga’s aren’t outlawed.

I look at it like this. It’s another option for those with limited choices. It also offers a faster less cumbersome method of reloading a pump gun, that most magazine rifle owners have the muscle memory for.

Most situations might be handled by 5 in the tube, but I know I personally would rather a quicker mag reload than a tube feed. Was anyone clamoring for this? No, but Mossy beat them to market with the Shockwave. So I figured this is their way of getting back at them.

Too bad this couldn’t be sold as a retrofit to existing 870’s. I think they’d sell a ton.

You must live in one of dem there free states I hear about. I got another 10 to 15 before I can go somewhere Saiga’s aren’t outlawed.

I look at it like this. It’s another option for those with limited choices. It also offers a faster less cumbersome method of reloading a pump gun, that most magazine rifle owners have the muscle memory for.

Most situations might be handled by 5 in the tube, but I know I personally would rather a quicker mag reload than a tube feed. Was anyone clamoring for this? No, but Mossy beat them to market with the Shockwave. So I figured this is their way of getting back at them.

Too bad this couldn’t be sold as a retrofit to existing 870’s. I think they’d sell a ton.
I live in a semi free state

Suppressors, SBRs, SBSs are ok as long as you do the proper paperwork and shit.

BUT, technically we got that bullshit transfer law here where I can't let a friend borrow my gun at the gravel pit we shoot out... at least according to the law that's considered an illegal transfer.

You poor soul. Saigas are fucking awesome. Wish I would have stocked up when they $300-$400.

You poor soul. Saigas are fucking awesome. Wish I would have stocked up when they $300-$400.
<DCrying>
The feels are real my dude. Although my plight nearly isn’t as bad as Commiefornia. At least I got access to pre bans and can C.C.

I'm definitely not supposed to have an Iszmash Saiga, but my county gives zero shits about CA gun legislation (unless you're a criminal, then they fuck you long and hard). Saigas rule until you're at a shotgun-only range and accidentally slam in a mag full of slugs...

Last edited:
is it still based off of the express reciever? it is? then its a rust bucket.

is it still based off of the express reciever? it is? then its a rust bucket.
What's wrong with the express receiver?

Friend told me if I am to get a 12 gauge get a 500, 590, or an 870

What's wrong with the express receiver?

Friend told me if I am to get a 12 gauge get a 500, 590, or an 870
they have terrible finishes on them and will rust on you super fast if you dont keep them oiled down. i mean like, a day in the cold, followed by condensation from frost melting once in the truck will have rust spots on it by the time you drive home. especially near the etching.

they have terrible finishes on them and will rust on you super fast if you dont keep them oiled down. i mean like, a day in the cold, followed by condensation from frost melting once in the truck will have rust spots on it by the time you drive home. especially near the etching.
Guess I'll be grabbing a Mossy then when it comes time for a 12 gauge.

Call me old-fashioned when it comes to shotguns. I don't like the look of that at all. Mags do look great in my Saiga though. :cool:

riot_zpsd6549701.jpg

<DCrying>
The feels are real my dude. Although my plight nearly isn’t as bad as Commiefornia. At least I got access to pre bans and can C.C.
It's absurd. Most gun laws are fucking dumb. The only reason the continental United States has never been invaded... behind every blade of grass.
I'm definitely not supposed to have an Iszmash Saiga, but my county gives zero shits about CA gun legislation (unless you're a criminal, then they fuck you long and hard). Saigas rule until you're at a shotgun-only range and accidentally slam in a mag full of slugs...
I don't much fool with the shottys. Nothing against them. I have a nice coach gun and couple over/unders. But all my Saigas are rifle caliber.
Sounds like the finish on the Arsenal (Bulgarian) AKs. Shit starts to bubble after a few mag dumps. Great AKs though.

Call me old-fashioned when it comes to shotguns. I don't like the look of that at all. Mags do look great in my Saiga though. :cool:

riot_zpsd6549701.jpg
Im currently working on a FSB/gasblock combo for one of my Saigas. Shorter sight radius but quicker to put into play. That's a nice looking shotgun.

I can deal with the rusting by just Cerakoting the 870. Like I said, if the general public gives it good reviews on function, I’m in.

Mags for slugs. Mags for buckshot. Mags for specialty shells. I would have been in on the Black Aces Mossbergs, but their reputation for being Jam-O-Matics, as well as the ubsurd prices for them, made it a non starter. Their customer service was said to be shitty as well.

I'm sure it'll still scare the shit out of gun controlls.

Can someone tell me if this is/was a Mossberg 500 or Remington 870 variant?

6UWknFh.jpg

Back