Remington 870 DM. Has Big Green finally bested Mossy?

Can someone tell me if this is/was a Mossberg 500 or Remington 870 variant?

6UWknFh.jpg
That pump is 100% a Mossberg pump.

I like this Mossberg 500. No frills, nothing fancy (I HATE pistol grips on shotguns).

http://palmettostatearmory.com/mossberg-500-12ga-18-5-pump-action-home-security-shotgun-50516.html

What do y'all think about the Kel-Tec KSG?

It's cool. It's picky with some ammo though. I wish you didn't have to manually switch select the tubes(it feeds from just the right or just the left after you select a side). If it would just grab a round from alternate sides that would be best imo.

It's cool. It's picky with some ammo though. I wish you didn't have to manually switch select the tubes(it feeds from just the right or just the left after you select a side). If it would just grab a round from alternate sides that would be best imo.
Do you use a vfg? Seems like something BAD waiting to happen with it being that close to the muzzle. :eek:

Do you use a vfg? Seems like something BAD waiting to happen with it being that close to the muzzle. :eek:

Done both.

I bought it when they were stupid expensive and sold it to a friend before they dropped in price. I've been meaning to get another now that they are going for a good price. I would probably put a hand stop or vfg on it if I got another. I didn't have any issues with the grip without one though.

I like this Mossberg 500. No frills, nothing fancy (I HATE pistol grips on shotguns).

http://palmettostatearmory.com/mossberg-500-12ga-18-5-pump-action-home-security-shotgun-50516.html

What do y'all think about the Kel-Tec KSG?

MAC hated it.

Then he got a shell deflector and he softened on it some but if I remember right he still doesn't recommend it:

Frankly, the couple times I've used a Kel-Tec product I haven't gone very long without some sort of issue with it.

Frankly, the couple times I've used a Kel-Tec product I haven't gone very long without some sort of issue with it.
I've had a P-3AT for over 8 years now with no problems (even after a drunken swim in the ocean when I forgot it was in my pocket). Took awhile to break in though.

This could be a cool gun for PD use. Make the less lethal mags with bean bags a bright yellow and mags with lethal ammo red taped. Gives you both but would require training and to have it carried with no mag in so you are sure you are putting in the right ammo.

This could be a cool gun for PD use. Make the less lethal mags with bean bags a bright yellow and mags with lethal ammo red taped. Gives you both but would require training and to have it carried with no mag in so you are sure you are putting in the right ammo.

IYO should the gun still be a bright color for other officers to see as an added precaution on top of the verbal less lethal call?

The ksg would be perfect for this as well but I feel too many mistakes would be made by choosing the wrong mag tube.

IYO should the gun still be a bright color for other officers to see as an added precaution on top of the verbal less lethal call?

The ksg would be perfect for this as well but I feel too many mistakes would be made by choosing the wrong mag tube.

Normally I say yes on less lethal being bright yellow or orange but if it is carried with empty magwell and mags are color coded should be cool.

I agree on the tube selection, sounds ideal but way too many officers would be hitting people with slugs or buck when they meant bean bag.

Meh. Make it in semi auto and it would be more interesting. Plus, Remington sucks now.

Like, to each their own for what they want to spend their money on obviously but I just don't get the point.

Like, if you use it for hunting most people are limited to 3 rounds which means you have this box thing that can snag on shit while hunting for no real benefit.

You want to run it for homedefense I MIGHT get it but if I am using a shotgun in the house I personally would prefer a Saiga or like a Benelli M4.

Mossy Shockwave makes sense for home defense imo. And armed robberies.

Have a Remington 870 Express Tactical and a Maverick 88, both are work horses, zero issues with both of them.

Mossberg just released a version of this.

Mossberg just released a version of this.
I held one last week at a gun show, and really liked it. Inserting the mag was super easy. I asked the rep if they had any issues with shells deforming when leaving mags load for a while and she said no (as I'm sure she would say). The mags are a lot bigger than I thought they would be, but not obtrusive. I'm going to wait and see how reliable the mags are before I look into buying one. The kentucky gun company had a video where the mag didn't like Estate brands shells because they were too long to reliably feed from the mags.

Might not matter now that Remington is about to go bankrupt.

Might not matter now that Remington is about to go bankrupt.
Colt has been in a state of perpetual bankruptcy for decades. I'm not that worried, maybe Big Green gets bought by someone who actually gives a shit.

Back