Unsigned Heavyweights - Thread Four

Amir Aliakbari just signed for ACB(Absolute Championship Berkut.) That pretty much counts him out of the RIZIN NYE. Kinda sad cause I wanted to see some more of him in RIZIN, but the competition is definitely much better in ACB compared to the non-existent HW division of RIZIN.

Alexander Emelianenko said that he wants to fight at least 4 times in 2018.
Minakov said that he is ready to fight in Bellator and said that they offered him a place in HW Grand-Prix, he said that Grand-Prix originally was planned to happen a year earlier but Bellator signed Fedor and rescheduled GP because of him. Minakov said that he doesn't have a contact with Bellator but said that he ready to fight in that org.

Your #3 Amateur Heavyweight Ian Suttles is going pro against Nick Brashear at Honor FC 2 on January 27th. I think the fight will be at Super Heavyweight because Brashear has never fought at Heavyweight.

Fernando Rodrigues Jr vs Michal Andryszak, KSW heavyweight TS. This is a must see, it will be a war.

Amin Nacheb 3-1 vs. Yousef Abu Shreekh 1-1
Roman Wehbe 6-6 vs. Fabiano Silva 4-1
Leonardo Silva 6-1 vs. Daniel Montero 0-0
Sang Soo Lee 17-11-1 vs. Kazuyuki Fujita 15-13
Chris Barnett 15-6 vs. Gun Oh Shim 3-2
Paweł Rak 3-2 vs. Tomasz Oświeciński 0-0
Michał Andryszak 19-6 vs. Fernando Rodrigues Jr. 11-3
Denis Goltsov 19-5 vs. Chase Gormley 14-6
Konstantin Erokhin 9-3 vs. Cory Hendricks 4-1
Sergey Belostenniy 4-1cvs. Amirkhan Isagadzhiev 3-0
Daniyal Elbaev 5-1 vs. Grigor Matevosyan 2-2
Rizvan Kuniev 4-2-1 vs. Konstantin Andreitsev 10-5

Your #3 Amateur Heavyweight Ian Suttles is going pro against Nick Brashear at Honor FC 2 on January 27th. I think the fight will be at Super Heavyweight because Brashear has never fought at Heavyweight.

Should be interesting. Suttles needs to get in better shape, but he's been finishing guys before his gas tank runs out at least.

another light one
Parnell Davis 8-4 vs. Aaron Powers 0-0
Rashid Sirazhudinov 1-1 vs. Anton Vinnikov 7-2
Mirko Filipović 35-11-2 vs. Tsuyoshi Kosaka 27-19-2

Apparently Stosic has signed with the Ufc. Anyone able to give a scouting report?

Last edited:
Apparently Stosic has signed with the Ufc. Anyone able to give a scouting report?

Young heavyweight at 25. He used to fight at LHW and probably could (will?) again. He trains with Cro Cop and Ante Delija, and has been touted as Mirko's current major project. His kicks, especially leg kicks are brutal. He's shorter and stocky, lots of muscle. He can get takedowns and get it to the ground based off pure strength. Cardio is decent, needs some work still. His ground game is mostly ground and pound, he's not super submission savvy, but he can hit subs from on top due to a judo background. You can compare him a bit to Misha Cirkunov, but with better kicks and less submission focus.

Training with Cro Cop and his young age is a huge benefit, and I feel like either HW or LHW he'll have some success, but long term success and a top 10 ranking would probably be at LHW.

Last edited:
I updated the fighters in the main posts, and added several new ones, including a handful of Brazilian heavies who are building up undefeated records. Next step I will be updating profiles.

Volkov only got $14,000 to show against Struve. He ended up with $80,500 after all his bonuses but it's still presumably less than FNG will be paying Minakov to crush cans.

Volkov vs Struve was in the Netherlands, which doesn't report fight night payouts. In fact Volkov has never fought in a state or country that reports payouts. Do you know Volkov or something?

Young heavyweight at 25. He used to fight at LHW and probably could (will?) again. He trains with Cro Cop and Ante Delija, and has been touted as Mirko's current major project. His kicks, especially leg kicks are brutal. He's shorter and stocky, lots of muscle. He can get takedowns and get it to the ground based off pure strength. Cardio is decent, needs some work still. His ground game is mostly ground and pound, he's not super submission savvy, but he can hit subs from on top due to a judo background. You can compare him a bit to Misha Cirkunov, but with better kicks and less submission focus.

Training with Cro Cop and his young age is a huge benefit, and I feel like either HW or LHW he'll have some success, but long term success and a top 10 ranking would probably be at LHW.

Thank you

Ante Delija joins Rizin! Set to debut in their first 2018 Card. Apparently may 6th

Ante Delija joins Rizin! Set to debut in their first 2018 Card. Apparently may 6th

Wow, that's a surprise. I wonder if Cro Cop had some connections to get that done. Great to see him fighting again after that crazy layoff.

@Paul L

What do you know about Ras Hylton?

Tall, skinny Taekwondo kickboxer. Everett Sims kind of fighter. I don't think he'll deal well with wrestlers or higher level regional guys. He needs to put on lean mass and start training his takedown defense. Also he's almost 30, which is a later start for a heavy at his stage of development.

Wow, that's a surprise. I wonder if Cro Cop had some connections to get that done. Great to see him fighting again after that crazy layoff.

Yes that was all Mirko’ he is retiring and says Delija is the future of the HW division. He was cornering Mirko vs tk. Even mirko’s agent is managing Ante now

Demoreo Dennis 6-5 vs. Tracy Willis 11-22
Brad Faylor 7-5 vs. Joseph Larock 4-2
Yuriy Fedorov 0-0 vs. Alexandr Soldatkin 0-1
John Demmel 8-1 vs. James Thompson 20-17
Wes Sims 24-15-1 vs. Travis Wiuff 75-21
Shannon Ritch 57-86 vs. Jerry Mires 0-0
Ethan Dodds 0-0 vs. Thomas Ramirez 0-1
Mika Faavale 5-1 vs. Brian Ryan 19-8
Vladimir Danilov vs. Zair Pirov co debut

weird weekend, last one i screwed up since it was so few and i accidentally mixed it with this one, so i just skipped it, since it was insignificant at a whole

Back