Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
TV Show Thread vol. 16

Welcome. This thread is for TV show news and discussion. Feel free to talk about your favorite shows in here as we have a lot of TV buffs who regularly post in here. You could also check in to see or ask around what new shows to watch or if they're good or not.

Note: Some of your posts might be copied and re-posted to the show's individual thread.

Tip: If you want to read the post relating to the thread title, go to the last page or use the "Search" function (magnifying glass icon on the upper right corner) because sometimes that particular post will get buried under all the news and discussion.

Link to previous thread: http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/136836453/

NBC to Revive THE OFFICE for Another Season; Steve Carell Will Not Return

ioowbUL.jpg

Hot on the success of the return of Will & Grace, NBC is looking to revive another of its beloved comedies: The Office.

Sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter that the network is looking to bring back the former Steve Carell starrer for another season. Carell, however, will not return. A search is underway to find a new star to take over as the show's Michael Scott-like regional manager of paper supply company Dunder Mifflin. NBC and producers Universal Television declined comment. TV Line was first to report the news.

Sources told THR in August that The Office may be revived with a new cast and creator Greg Daniels attached. At the time, NBC and producers Universal Television said those rumors were not true. That speculation has now grown more real as the network is said to be in talks for a revival.

The Office ran for nine seasons on NBC as part of the network's Thursday comedy brand. The show — which made stars out of Carell, Rainn Wilson, John Krasinski, Jenna Fischer, Craig Robinson, Ellie Kemper and Mindy Kaling, among others — was an awards-season staple, taking home multiple Emmys, Golden Globes and other top prizes. Carell exited after season seven, with The Office continuing on for two additional cycles before the star returned for the series finale in 2013.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/office-revival-works-at-nbc-1069099

c7bt245.gif

26k5yc.jpg

Last edited:
Erin Moriarty Cast as Starlight in Amazon’s Superhero Drama Series THE BOYS

iXu5HIO.jpg

Erin Moriarty is set to play one of the leads in Amazon’s straight-to-series drama The Boys, Deadline has learned.

Based on the comic book by Garth Ennis (Preacher) and Darick Robertson and created by Supernatural creator and Timeless co-creator Eric Kripke, The Boys is set in a world where superheroes embrace the darker side of their massive celebrity and fame. It revolves around a group of vigilantes known informally as “the boys,” who set out to take down corrupt superheroes with no more than blue-collar grit and a willingness to fight dirty. Preacher‘s Evan Goldberg and Seth Rogen are set to direct.

The project hails from Sony Pictures TV Studios, which will co-produce with Amazon, and Neal H. Moritz’s studio-based Original Films.

Moriaty will play Starlight aka Annie, a young woman with superhero powers who can make lightning bolts flash from her eyes. Her dream is to be a real superhero like the famous Seven.

Moriarty played Hope Shlottman on Jessica Jones and Natalia Wallraven on Red Widow, and she appeared opposite Woody Harrelson on the first season of HBO’s True Detective. Her film credits include Captain Fantastic and The Kings of Summer.

‘The Boys’: Erin Moriarty Cast In Amazon’s Superhero Drama Series Based On Comic Book

I'm watching Wormwood on Netflix. It's holding my attention so far.

I'll reiterate what I said in the previous thread. THE MARVELOUS MRS. MAISEL is terrific. It's one of my favorite new shows of 2017. I recommend this to anyone looking for a lighthearted comedy drama set in the 1950s. Rachel Brosnahan is simply fantastic.

maisel.jpg

DIRK GENTLY'S HOLISTIC DETECTIVE AGENCY Canceled at BBC America

150c46f8aecd1e85aa8dc9675dabd0ca.jpg

It's the end of the road for BBC America's Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency. The network has canceled the serialized comedic thriller after two seasons. The Dec. 16 season finale now winds up being the show's series ender.

“We are beyond proud of this brilliant original series and so appreciative of the outstanding team behind it including Max Landis, Samuel Barnett, Elijah Wood, and many many others. It was a privilege to work with this talented and passionate group of writers, producers and actors on these two seasons of Dirk. Thanks also to the passionate fans who embraced this fantastically novel world," BBC America said Monday in a statement.

Based on the novels by Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy author Douglas Adams, the series followed the bizarre adventures of eccentric “holistic” detective Dirk Gently (Samuel Barnett) and his reluctant assistant Todd (Elijah Wood) as they weaved their way through one big, seemingly insane mystery a season, crossing unlikely paths with a bevy of wild and sometimes dangerous characters, each episode landing them a few random steps closer to uncovering the truth.

Landis (American Ultra, Chronicle) penned the adaptation and executive produced with Robert Cooper (Stargate Atlantis), Arvind Ethan David, Zainir Aminullah, Ted Adams, David Ozer, David Alpert and Rick Jacobs. Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency was co-produced by AMC Studios, Ideate Media and IDW Entertainment, with Circle of Confusion producing for BBC America.

'Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency' Canceled at BBC America, Will Not Return for a Third Season

@Loiosh I know you'll be bummed out about the Dirk Gently cancellation since you were one its fans here. I will still try to watch the series someday.

Watching tales from the crypt lately, amazing show!!!

DIRK GENTLY'S HOLISTIC DETECTIVE AGENCY Canceled at BBC America

150c46f8aecd1e85aa8dc9675dabd0ca.jpg

It's the end of the road for BBC America's Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency. The network has canceled the serialized comedic thriller after two seasons. The Dec. 16 season finale now winds up being the show's series ender.

“We are beyond proud of this brilliant original series and so appreciative of the outstanding team behind it including Max Landis, Samuel Barnett, Elijah Wood, and many many others. It was a privilege to work with this talented and passionate group of writers, producers and actors on these two seasons of Dirk. Thanks also to the passionate fans who embraced this fantastically novel world," BBC America said Monday in a statement.

Based on the novels by Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy author Douglas Adams, the series followed the bizarre adventures of eccentric “holistic” detective Dirk Gently (Samuel Barnett) and his reluctant assistant Todd (Elijah Wood) as they weaved their way through one big, seemingly insane mystery a season, crossing unlikely paths with a bevy of wild and sometimes dangerous characters, each episode landing them a few random steps closer to uncovering the truth.

Landis (American Ultra, Chronicle) penned the adaptation and executive produced with Robert Cooper (Stargate Atlantis), Arvind Ethan David, Zainir Aminullah, Ted Adams, David Ozer, David Alpert and Rick Jacobs. Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency was co-produced by AMC Studios, Ideate Media and IDW Entertainment, with Circle of Confusion producing for BBC America.

'Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency' Canceled at BBC America, Will Not Return for a Third Season

I'm not surprised motherfuckers. Never watched the show but since Frodo has a huge fetish for British comedies, and this is his take on it, it was bound to fail. That type of humor doesn't really have a place in Murrica.

@Loiosh I know you'll be bummed out about the Dirk Gently cancellation since you were one its fans here. I will still try to watch the series someday.

Second season was too silly and felt like a pretty cheap production.

I held out hope that a third season would be better but we'll never know. I really liked the characters.

Erin Moriarty Cast as Starlight in Amazon’s Superhero Drama Series THE BOYS

iXu5HIO.jpg

Erin Moriarty is set to play one of the leads in Amazon’s straight-to-series drama The Boys, Deadline has learned.

Based on the comic book by Garth Ennis (Preacher) and Darick Robertson and created by Supernatural creator and Timeless co-creator Eric Kripke, The Boys is set in a world where superheroes embrace the darker side of their massive celebrity and fame. It revolves around a group of vigilantes known informally as “the boys,” who set out to take down corrupt superheroes with no more than blue-collar grit and a willingness to fight dirty. Preacher‘s Evan Goldberg and Seth Rogen are set to direct.

The project hails from Sony Pictures TV Studios, which will co-produce with Amazon, and Neal H. Moritz’s studio-based Original Films.

Moriaty will play Starlight aka Annie, a young woman with superhero powers who can make lightning bolts flash from her eyes. Her dream is to be a real superhero like the famous Seven.

Moriarty played Hope Shlottman on Jessica Jones and Natalia Wallraven on Red Widow, and she appeared opposite Woody Harrelson on the first season of HBO’s True Detective. Her film credits include Captain Fantastic and The Kings of Summer.

‘The Boys’: Erin Moriarty Cast In Amazon’s Superhero Drama Series Based On Comic Book
I can't wait for this shit.

I never thought I'd see this get its own show.

I could never figure out when it was on. They had promos every few minutes. They only have episodes available for a limited time online and I like to start from the beginning. I see it's on Hulu.

the British love them some BBC ,they observe and take it all in.

this is his take on it

Huh?

This character was created more than thirty years ago.

Wood didn't play the titular character.

The first season was great, but the second season was a bit to weird.

Huh?

This character was created more than thirty years ago.

Wood didn't play the titular character.

The first season was great, but the second season was a bit to weird.

I meant this was Frodo trying to live out his fetish for British style comedy.

The Office needs to be left alone. The ending was perfect, don't ruin a good thing.

The Office needs to be left alone. The ending was perfect, don't ruin a good thing.

I agree, when Michael said bye to Pam at the airport was beautiful. Great ending.

First Trailer for STARGATE: ORIGINS Digital Series, Premieres February 15

Premiering on Stargate Command, STARGATE ORIGINS explores the journey that sets a young Catherine Langford on the way to helping unlock the secrets of an ancient technology that could change the very course of humanity.

Just finished Godless. I really enjoyed it and thought Jeff Daniels did a good job. Also some pretty cool kill scenes and had Keith “The Dean Of Mean” Jardine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back