Not Receiving Alerts

Phr3121

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hello,
I have not received alerts on at least two posts that were replied to me directly. There was another member having the same problem recently. Is there, or was there, a problem here on Sherdog with members being alerted?
Thanks

Last edited:
Hello,
I have not received alerts on at least two posts that were replied to me directly. There was another member having the same problem recently. Is there, or was there, a problem here on Sherdog with members being alerted?
Thanks
Note that this can happen if the posts were edited to include the quotes after the fact, or if part of the quote info is removed. I just did it here, and some posters seem to do it because they want to lastword.

There may still be an underlying bug.

Thanks, I did not know that (edited quote). No, I did not receive an alert on your post. Shoot, I edit quotes sometimes since at times they are way too long or misspelled. So, the receiver did not get the alert? I'll stop doing that. That's good to know. I wish we could let other members know about it.

@Lead, @Limbo Pete, @Captain Davis, @TeTe

Thanks, I did not know that (edited quote). No, I did not receive an alert on your post. Shoot, I edit quotes sometimes since at times they are way too long or misspelled. So, the receiver did not get the alert? I'll stop doing that. That's good to know. I wish we could let other members know about it.

@Lead, @Limbo Pete, @Captain Davis, @TeTe

I think most posters are aware of the post edit. If they aren't it's just something they eventually will find out through experience and word of mouth.

I saw one of two posts I don't remember being notified about but my memory is really shitty as well so

I'm a toaster ghost oOooOooo
Editing the text of a quote doesn't change things. Editing the part of the quote around "member number" does.

And going back and adding a quote in an edit doesn't cause an alert.

Editing the text of a quote doesn't change things. Editing the part of the quote around "member number" does. And going back and adding a quote in an edit doesn't cause an alert.

Thanks. I did get an alert on your first message and this one. Not sure why more people are not raising this point with the 'support' folks. What am I saying. How would they know they have a reply if they don't get an alert? They would have to read through a thread to see a reply to them like I had to do.

@abiG

Back