Thurman vs Vargas talks for April

I kind of like Vargas but I hope Thurman wins and we can get a fight with him and Spence in 2018 to continue the strong trend we got going this year.

Perfect opponent to ease Thurman back before the superfight with Spence. Fingers crossed.

Waste of time if Crawford/Spence isnt the endgame for winner.v

Not a bad tuneup. We have to hope that this sets up Spence/Thurman.

I don't mind this fight at all. I like Vargas, he's taken some tough fights lately and seems genuinely interested in fighting everybody that he can. I think Thurman is the more talented guy and should be able to win without too much drama, but I really don't think it's going to be an easy fight for him.

It's a pretty decent fight considering Thurman had a long layoff with a surgery.

Ten times better than Danny fighting Rios and he didn't have an injury at all.

Garcia-Rios and Thurman-Vargas are going to be tougher fights than everyone thinks.
Guarantee people wont like what they see, and they will avoid Spence for another fight or two.

Garcia-Rios and Thurman-Vargas are going to be tougher fights than everyone thinks.
Guarantee people wont like what they see, and they will avoid Spence for another fight or two.
Spence will have a tougher time with Peterson than Keef/Vargas and Danny/Rios would

Both fighters are easy to root for, but I got Thurman UD

I don't mind this fight at all. I like Vargas, he's taken some tough fights lately and seems genuinely interested in fighting everybody that he can. I think Thurman is the more talented guy and should be able to win without too much drama, but I really don't think it's going to be an easy fight for him.
I like Vargas as well. I think he's gonna make this a good fight and a fairly close one as well. Vargas been in there with some really good/great fighters. He's a good boxer, goes to the body well, underrated pop imo. He's tough and durable. Definitely favor Thurman here too, but Vargas should stay in there and make this pretty fun and competitive.

Not bad. Thurman would better make a statement here.

penciled in for April 14 -- though it could move to another date that month -- featuring unified welterweight titleholder Keith Thurman in a defense against former two-division world titlist Jessie Vargas, multiple sources involved in the events told ESPN.

Spence will have a tougher time with Peterson than Keef/Vargas and Danny/Rios would
Vargas is gonna put up a fight with Thurman. It's not gonna be the fight u think it is.

Pac, Ali, Bradley and now Keith, respect for Vargas.

Good to see Keith back and great to see good fights for 2018.

Vargas is gonna put up a fight with Thurman. It's not gonna be the fight u think it is.

Vargas isn't elite, but he's very serious and does his homework. With Thurman's ring rust, walking through Vargas would be very impressive.

Back