If you could play guitar like any musician who would it be?

Nuno is still more badass though. SRV is probably the electric guitar GOAT. Skolnick is fast, technical and awesome, but Nuno's sound is still more badass - kind of a combination of EVH and Hendrix. That's a badass sound to me and he more than fits in with the others you mentioned.
To each their own m8,definitely mad props for your passion for your player nuno but there are far too many players so much better in every aspect of the guitar,what I listed are just a small sample,check out some of the other posters as well.Even George Lynch smokes nuno for the genre of music.
Your a blues man right?You really believe nuno is better than Rory Gallagher?SRV?Clapton?Page?Richie Blackmore?
Again..to each their own,hespect.

To each their own m8,definitely mad props for your passion for your player nuno but there are far too many players so much better in every aspect of the guitar,what I listed are just a small sample,check out some of the other posters as well.Even George Lynch smokes nuno for the genre of music.
Your a blues man right?You really believe nuno is better than Rory Gallagher?SRV?Clapton?Page?Richie Blackmore?
Again..to each their own,hespect.
Not necessarily, but he's not getting the props he deserves. Brown belt level in all aspects and very fun to listen to. He's probably not even in my top 10 favourites, but worthy of much praise.

As for the Lynch comparison, we'll have to agree to disagree!

Angus Young. Live at Donnington 91' is some of the tightest live playing by a band I've ever heard.

Dimebag is definitely right behind with SRV but Angus played more of what I prefer. My style definitely has Youngs influence. When I was 11 I was reading Ac/dc tab books along with my tape player before I even picked up a guitar. Best vibrato in Rock.

Probably Leo Kottke.

This has remained one of my favorite albums for about 20 years now. It's ungodly.

I wish I could play rhythm like Gabriela from Rodrigo y Gabriela

Eric Clapton before the switch over to a stratocaster,.
{<doc}

cody_mckenzie_shit_just_got_real.gif

He was better on a SG, ES-335, and Les Paul I'm not saying his stuff with Blackie and Brownie isn't good I just like his stuff with Cream and The Beano Album better.

He was better on a SG, ES-335, and Les Paul I'm not saying his stuff with Blackie and Brownie isn't good I just like his stuff with Cream and The Beano Album better.
I'm just a strat guy. I'm not really mad.

I personally think Clapton is a much better guitarist today though.

I'm just a strat guy. I'm not really mad.

I personally think Clapton is a much better guitarist today though.
He doesn't even think he is as good now as he was back in the 60s why do you think he brings guys like Derek Trucks and Doyle Bramhall II on tours with him.

He doesn't even think he is as good now as he was back in the 60s why do you think he brings guys like Derek Trucks and Doyle Bramhall II on tours with him.
Well, I have heard he is struggling with arthritis these days, but I personally would take Clapton of the past decade over the old.Just my opinion.

Pretty sure Clapton almost always had a second guitarist on tour though.

this guy without a fucking doubt..

damn, I wish he'd never gone up in that plane.

so hard to choose maybe chet atkins or mark knopfler

If you pick buckethead, then you've unlocked almost everybody else's talent.

maybe Evan Brewer...

... or Victor Wooten, or Ryan Martinie

Muddy Waters. He made the guitar his side bitch. Made it play sounds that weren't even possible.

Back