General MMA Discussion & Future Lines - December, 2017

I’m doing a little exercise to see if I can find a correlation between two variables. I’ll share once I can confirm but I wanna keep it to myself right now in hopes to eliminate bias in this exercise.

Can you guys name large (steeper than -200, for instance) favorites that have turned out to be very square?

For the purpose of this exercise, let’s try and limit the number of fighters who lost via a quick KO or SUB or such. I’m more so looking for large favorites who have been outclassed from beginning to end. Example: Jason Knight versus Gabriel Benitez

I’m doing a little exercise to see if I can find a correlation between two variables. I’ll share once I can confirm but I wanna keep it to myself right now in hopes to eliminate bias in this exercise.

Can you guys name large (steeper than -200, for instance) favorites that have turned out to be very square?

For the purpose of this exercise, let’s try and limit the number of fighters who lost via a quick KO or SUB or such. I’m more so looking for large favorites who have been outclassed from beginning to end. Example: Jason Knight versus Gabriel Benitez
Would diakese v Klose count? I know diakese was fave but can’t remember how big

Would diakese v Klose count? I know diakese was fave but can’t remember how big
He closed at -219, so yeah he was large enough of a favorite. But Klose won by split decision

Could count as a early KO but if we are talking domination and big gap in the odds
Holm vs Rousey

Some recent ones:

Cannonier
Brazilian Cowboy
Trujillo
Sanchez
Means
Albini
Fortuna
Duffy
Gadelha

Edit: Oops, a few of those were already posted.

Some recent ones:

Cannonier
Brazilian Cowboy
Trujillo
Sanchez
Means
Albini
Fortuna
Duffy
Gadelha

Edit: Oops, a few of those were already posted.
Brazilian Cowboy and Sanchez both won round 1 of their respective fights in 10-8 fashion. All others area applicable, though!

Brazilian Cowboy and Sanchez both won round 1 of their respective fights in 10-8 fashion. All others area applicable, though!

Ah, true. I guess I glossed over that part of your post lol.

Was back in July but Andre Fili got dominated by Calvin Kattar as a -350 favourite.

Vannata vs Teymur is another.

Moreno vs Pettis maybe? The odds weren’t that wide though.

Unibet has a longterm bet on Gus to get the LHW belt before 2019, +400.
Essentially that is DC vs Gus 2, if oezdemir doesn't spoil the party

Back