Destiny 2, v2: Now grinding for Bright Engrams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here, HCR auto rifles are just too good right now. Scathelocke sits in my primary slot for 99% of pve activities

Personally, I like to roll with a scout and an auto. I like the positive outlook and Uriel’s so I’d prefer a kinetic scout. Just looking for something other than the MIDA to switch things up.

they nerf loot rewards from public events? Did 5 for the flashpoint just got tokens

Yeah, they did this with the DLC I think... it's in the patch notes about increasing rewards from strikes and decreasing rewards from public events. To be fair people have been bitching about the rewards from strikes since day 1 of the D2, and it makes no sense that a 2-3 minute battle had equal or better rewards to strikes.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/Update/46522

Public Events
  • Fixed an issue where sometimes the Prime Ether Servitor would not spawn during the Ether Resupply public events
  • Fixed an issue where the Cabal Gladiators would sometimes have horrific arm elasticity when being defeated during Cabal Drill public events
  • Reduced the XP rewards of some public events to bring them more in line with other activities
  • Reduced Glimmer earned from some public events to better balance them with their counterparts
  • Reduced the rate of Rare rewards to bring them more in line with other activities
  • Increased the rate of Legendary rewards from public events for level 20+ characters

Yeah, they did this with the DLC I think... it's in the patch notes about increasing rewards from strikes and decreasing rewards from public events. To be fair people have been bitching about the rewards from strikes since day 1 of the D2, and it makes no sense that a 2-3 minute battle had equal or better rewards to strikes.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/Update/46522

Public Events
  • Fixed an issue where sometimes the Prime Ether Servitor would not spawn during the Ether Resupply public events
  • Fixed an issue where the Cabal Gladiators would sometimes have horrific arm elasticity when being defeated during Cabal Drill public events
  • Reduced the XP rewards of some public events to bring them more in line with other activities
  • Reduced Glimmer earned from some public events to better balance them with their counterparts
  • Reduced the rate of Rare rewards to bring them more in line with other activities
  • Increased the rate of Legendary rewards from public events for level 20+ characters
Last week and even tuesday they was working normal yesterday though for my warlock I got nothing but a single token for 5 heroic events. If it was a dlc or update thing it would've been doing it for awhile not just out of the blue. I never even seen another player get an exotic or legendary from the loot chest and besides the one public event in front of failsafe with the prime servitor there was alway 3-5 other players besides me.

Last week and even tuesday they was working normal yesterday though for my warlock I got nothing but a single token for 5 heroic events. If it was a dlc or update thing it would've been doing it for awhile not just out of the blue. I never even seen another player get an exotic or legendary from the loot chest and besides the one public event in front of failsafe with the prime servitor there was alway 3-5 other players besides me.

Looks like public event drops were adjusted, yet again, on the Dec 12 patch :
https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/Update/46536

Engrams
  • Legendary and Exotic Engram drop rates have been adjusted down for Public Events, and up for Strike and Crucible playlist activities
  • Reduced the chance of a Legendary engram rewarding multiple Legendary items
This coincided with Xur and 3oC :
Xûr
  • Xûr now sells a three of coins consumable item that increases the drop chance of Exotics
I've done the Flashpoint on 2 characters and, like you, have not seen any legendary or exotics drop from Public Events for me or any other members involved.

I don't see the need to readjust shit over and over even in pvp I did the weekly call to arms and got one engram, sidearm, and the pvp chest piece in 6 matches and 1-3 tokens per match maybe less. The only way I get my guys max lvl is through basic stuff no raid, no trials, and no nightfall the same with masterwork weapons. I was all for them making it more grindy but like I said I didn't get shit yesterday hard to lvl up when you can't even get blues.

I have a fucking beef.
This grind for Advanced Paradox Amplifiers is total bullshit. To get the sword I had to run about 30 heroic strikes, and now I am working on some other weapon that calls for another 20 of the damned things. The Advanced versions NEVER fucking drop for me.

Add to that, the grind for mats for the "daily gift" is bullshit too. In ALL the strikes I ran last night, NOT ONCE did Savuthans Song come into rotation. I ran about 15 heroic strikes. Nothing but Cabal and Vex and Fallen. Once it got to about midnight, I started backing out of strikes after loading them in and seeing that they were the same ones I had been stuck with all night, then I gave up and went to bed.

Why do I bring that up? Because my daily "gift" needed me to kill 50 fucking thralls. Even after playing for literally HOURS, I didn't have a SINGLE. FUCKING. THRALL. KILL.

I love the game but Gad damn it, I think they are legitimately fucking people based on their inventory/quest parameters. I needed thrall kills for my schematic and never got one. I needed Advanced Paradox Amplifiers and only got SINGLE green amplifiers to drop. I used boons, I had fireteam members use boons....

I have been noticing that the spawn rate for mats seemed super light whenever I was looking for mats for the daily gifts, and I seriously suspect that if you have a quest for particular mats, they auto-nerf your chance to get them, and if that is the case, that is TOTAL fucking bullshit. I play this game enough without them fucking around like that.

When I had to grind for those damned Rare Alkine Spores, I literally had over 150+ Alkine Dust by the time I got three Spores. It's bullshit.

I just saw this. Hopefully those :eek::eek::eek:s didn't patch it yet:

Last edited:
I have a fucking beef.
This grind for Advanced Paradox Amplifiers is total bullshit. To get the sword I had to run about 30 heroic strikes, and now I am working on some other weapon that calls for another 20 of the damned things. The Advanced versions NEVER fucking drop for me.

Add to that, the grind for mats for the "daily gift" is bullshit too. In ALL the strikes I ran last night, NOT ONCE did Savuthans Song come into rotation. I ran about 15 heroic strikes. Nothing but Cabal and Vex and Fallen. Once it got to about midnight, I started backing out of strikes after loading them in and seeing that they were the same ones I had been stuck with all night, then I gave up and went to bed.

Why do I bring that up? Because my daily "gift" needed me to kill 50 fucking thralls. Even after playing for literally HOURS, I didn't have a SINGLE. FUCKING. THRALL. KILL.

I love the game but Gad damn it, I think they are legitimately fucking people based on their inventory/quest parameters. I needed thrall kills for my schematic and never got one. I needed Advanced Paradox Amplifiers and only got SINGLE green amplifiers to drop. I used boons, I had fireteam members use boons....

I have been noticing that the spawn rate for mats seemed super light whenever I was looking for mats for the daily gifts, and I seriously suspect that if you have a quest for particular mats, they auto-nerf your chance to get them, and if that is the case, that is TOTAL fucking bullshit. I play this game enough without them fucking around like that.

When I had to grind for those damned Rare Alkine Spores, I literally had over 150+ Alkine Dust by the time I got three Spores. It's bullshit.

there is the lost sectoron titan on the rig the one that has the wizard public event it has a couple points where thralls spawn and in the final room with the knight there is a bunch that spawn. Or even in that public event they spawn alot but waiting for that event is a pain.

I have a fucking beef.

Still works, I did it 2 days ago

I like how all these speed running cocksuckers agro all the bad guys in strikes and never go for revives

So there's a character in horizon zero dawn that had me all puzzled. Every time he spoke i was like "I know this voice. I've heard it before"... couldn't place it.

Beat the game an hour ago and while the credits rolled I decided to look it up. It's the same dude who voice acts Zavala in Destiny.. lol.

Complete fail is an understatement..

Lot of salt going on so thought I've give a quick repost from the past for some levity. haha

So there's a character in horizon zero dawn that had me all puzzled. Every time he spoke i was like "I know this voice. I've heard it before"... couldn't place it.

Beat the game an hour ago and while the credits rolled I decided to look it up. It's the same dude who voice acts Zavala in Destiny.. lol.

Complete fail is an understatement..
isn't that guy the desk clerk in the John Wick movies?

there is the lost sectoron titan on the rig the one that has the wizard public event it has a couple points where thralls spawn and in the final room with the knight there is a bunch that spawn. Or even in that public event they spawn alot but waiting for that event is a pain.
Yeah I know where to find them, but time was an issue and I was trying to run strikes for the Advanced Paradox Amplifiers instead of running specific areas for Thrall kills.
Ends up last night I ran some more strikes and Savuthuns song was the first one that loaded in. I had all my thrall kills before the strike was over, so they did me a favour. Add to that, I picked up another "Daily gift" schematic so I was carrying two, and they both called for Datalattice, and both of them were satisfied at the same time. (I only had to collect 10 datalattice instead of 20, thank God.)

Yeah I know where to find them, but time was an issue and I was trying to run strikes for the Advanced Paradox Amplifiers instead of running specific areas for Thrall kills.
Ends up last night I ran some more strikes and Savuthuns song was the first one that loaded in. I had all my thrall kills before the strike was over, so they did me a favour. Add to that, I picked up another "Daily gift" schematic so I was carrying two, and they both called for Datalattice, and both of them were satisfied at the same time. (I only had to collect 10 datalattice instead of 20, thank God.)

Hey man... people were bitching and whining for a grind... they got it. haha ; )

I still haven't done any of the Forge weapon quests but I have to say after playing a bit over the last week I've enjoyed it. Mayhem has certainly added to that enjoyment, but even just doing my Milestones has been fun... likely because I'm still leveling up my Guardians and I still haven't done the main CoO quest line on my Hunter.

Hey man... people were bitching and whining for a grind... they got it. haha ; )

I still haven't done any of the Forge weapon quests but I have to say after playing a bit over the last week I've enjoyed it. Mayhem has certainly added to that enjoyment, but even just doing my Milestones has been fun... likely because I'm still leveling up my Guardians and I still haven't done the main CoO quest line on my Hunter.
once you get all the gift things done that's it you just have to click on the glowing boxes for shaders, ghost, ships, and sparrows. As for the forge weapons there was videos before the release of CoO where they are saying most of them are meh but after getting them most of them feel better then anyother guns in their archetype.

Does anyone use pulse rifles at all? I got a masterwork Swift Ride yesterday and I've been fiddling with it in PvE. I am not most effective with it, but kind of like it. No way I'd use one in PvP though.

Hehe.... I was never one of those people.

As for the forge weapons there was videos before the release of CoO where they are saying most of them are meh but after getting them most of them feel better then anyother guns in their archetype.
They really are good weapons. I like them all, but I haven't tried the pulse rifle yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back