BCAAs are made of duck feathers. wtf

frango

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
So, i while ago i went to MyProtein website and called an assistant online to chat with and asked where do they get theyre BCAAs from. He answered "from duck feathers".

i had read about it before online.

isnt this crazy shit? i mean...BCAAS are nothing else than protein...and they use friggin duck feathers? I imagine what kind of chemicals they use to extract the BCAAs from the feathers. This must be why BCAAs smell so bad...its disgusting.

And i wonder if we can absorb this aminos takens from feathers...i mean, whats the bioavailability of nasty duck feathers aminos?? hell!! im never buying BCAAs no more

So, i while ago i went to MyProtein website and called an assistant online to chat with and asked where do they get theyre BCAAs from. He answered "from duck feathers".

i had read about it before online.

isnt this crazy shit? i mean...BCAAS are nothing else than protein...and they use friggin duck feathers? I imagine what kind of chemicals they use to extract the BCAAs from the feathers. This must be why BCAAs smell so bad...its disgusting.

And i wonder if we can absorb this aminos takens from feathers...i mean, whats the bioavailability of nasty duck feathers aminos?? hell!! im never buying BCAAs no more
Bcaas are a waste of money anyways

I find this to be the case with the entire supplement industry. Either it works, but minuscule to what advertised, or doesn't work at all. Whey and Vitamin C are really the ones I find that makes a significant difference, and even then its not alot. Whey practically is food for me

I find this to be the case with the entire supplement industry. Either it works, but minuscule to what advertised, or doesn't work at all. Whey and Vitamin C are really the ones I find that makes a significant difference, and even then its not alot. Whey practically is food for me
Yeah I don't really count protein as a supplement. It's more of a convenience food.
The only things I think that are worth your money are
Caffeine
Whey
Creatine
Multi vitamin
Vitamin D
Fish oil

It actually wouldn't necessarily need chemicals to be extracted (though they may i'm not familiar with their methods). I get a lot of my collagen protein from boiling bones/making broths/soups. Just a lot of slow hot water, sodium and voila.

Lots of people turn away from good aspects of the animal rather than consume it such as liver, joint articulation parts like the cartilage and tendons (chewy and don't taste well typically), bone marrow, hearts, giblets, etc.

Most supps are BS, and if you aren't doing fasted training or prolonged endurance training/event, perhaps extreme cuts where actual protein interfere's with your calorie reduction, they are a waste of $$$$.

The-Process-of-foreskin-harvesting-for-cosmetics.jpg

Yeah I don't really count protein as a supplement. It's more of a convenience food.
The only things I think that are worth your money are
Caffeine
Whey
Creatine
Multi vitamin
Vitamin D
Fish oil

Drop the creatine and eat grass-fed beef.

Everyone worrying about protein intake these days is absolutely ridiculous.

Not really. Those are the only amino acids involved in muscle synthesis. Basic whey has BCAAs.

A BCAA only supplement is useful when you are eating at a deficit.

It actually wouldn't necessarily need chemicals to be extracted (though they may i'm not familiar with their methods). I get a lot of my collagen protein from boiling bones/making broths/soups. Just a lot of slow hot water, sodium and voila.

Lots of people turn away from good aspects of the animal rather than consume it such as liver, joint articulation parts like the cartilage and tendons (chewy and don't taste well typically), bone marrow, hearts, giblets, etc.

Most supps are BS, and if you aren't doing fasted training or prolonged endurance training/event, perhaps extreme cuts where actual protein interfere's with your calorie reduction, they are a waste of $$$$.
Good call. Soups and offal are fantastic. I especially like black pudding, blood sausage and liver - all of this is very healthy and dirt cheap.

I used to consume whey protein like most gym bros but my gains improved when I dropped it and simply added more soups, offal and dairy in regular meals every 3hrs throughout the day. Whey isn't magic, it's just a meal replacement IMHO.

Not really. Those are the only amino acids involved in muscle synthesis. Basic whey has BCAAs.

A BCAA only supplement is useful when you are eating at a deficit.
Eating more protein is the way to go.
Tons of studies showing that bcaas have no effect on muscle in any state of dieting.
You're just about pissing your money away buying them.

I like me some hydrolyzed duck feathers. But then again, even my rest day workouts are no shorter than 90 min.

Not necessary for someone who is exercising a few times a week. But I personally like to sip 15g in my shake during a workout. With pepto-pro and MCT or HBCD, it's great for maintaining ur energy levels during a 4 hr session.

I don't do post workout shakes tho. Just have whey and 15-30g carbs before. Maybe I'll add citrulline malate if my training intensity is gonna be really high, especially if my daily carb intake is low.

Not trying to change anyone's mind, but I've personally found such supplementation helpful.

Decent reading material on the subject: https://examine.com/supplements/branched-chain-amino-acids/

Back