did anyone ever look at the scorecards?

in the liver

Mo froots
@Gold
Reaction score
https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/8/27/16210100/floyd-mayweather-vs-conor-mcgregor-scorecard

two of the judges only gave conor one round. I'm a mcmidget hater but even I think that he did considerably better than this...in the early rounds floyd was just covering up.

i know that canelo is thought to have very "good luck" with the judges, one can only imagine how a man of floyd's means would be able to influence the tides of fortune, even against the "notoriously" lucky irishman.

anyone into boxing and prepared to justify these scorecards?

Judges r on Floyds payroll, even before the fight begun, we all knew those two out of the three judges were "Floyds guys"

Conor got 1,2,3 for sure

did you live under a rock?
<Huh2>

i just wondered if you know that on this forum, people still discuss fights from pride and from ufc 1. do you know that?

and do you know that there is a huge rock in the sky that we all live under? it's called the moon

i just wondered if you know that on this forum, people still discuss fights from pride and from ufc 1. do you know that?

and do you know that there is a huge rock in the sky that we all live under? it's called the moon
lQbiaB0.gif

I saw Conor winning 2 rounds. To my memory it was round 1 and 3 think. Conor did a lot of exciting throwing in the first 4 rounds, but didn’t do much at all with it. May won at least 2 of those. The rest of the fight was a sweep.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/8/27/16210100/floyd-mayweather-vs-conor-mcgregor-scorecard

two of the judges only gave conor one round. I'm a mcmidget hater but even I think that he did considerably better than this...in the early rounds floyd was just covering up.

i know that canelo is thought to have very "good luck" with the judges, one can only imagine how a man of floyd's means would be able to influence the tides of fortune, even against the "notoriously" lucky irishman.

It's difficult to have an opinion on this because we don't see the fight from the same angle the judges do. Who knows what the fight looked like from there? Maybe saw something we didn't. Maybe they didn't see something we did. Maybe they were able to get a much better idea of how strong the impact of the punches were, since they were right there. It's not very important though. At best, Conor only won 3 rounds. And i'm not even sure 1 or 2 of them can't be argued at all. Did Conor really, factually, land the BETTER punches in those rounds? I don't remember and i don't care.

You can easily give Conor the first three. But if you watch the fight closely, and just count up effective strikes with potential to do damage or change the course of the fight, it's reasonable to give 2 and 3 to Floyd, as well.

Floyd landed somewhere in the range of 3-4 half decently solid shots in each of those rounds. About the same as Conor... if you're generous with what qualifies as a "decently solid shot."

After the first round, they both spent around the same amount of time holding ground, moving forward, and moving backward, too.

Looking at those two things alone, rounds 2 and 3 could go either way.

I'm not sure there's any reason to get upset, or be too surprised, that a trio of boxing judges might not give much attention to all of the other ineffective bullshit that was happening in there.

Points taken away for hammerfists.

Didn't MM say pre fight that the way scoring works is if you land on the gloves of your opponent, a point is given to the guy that blocked?

Didn't MM say pre fight that the way scoring works is if you land on the gloves of your opponent, a point is given to the guy that blocked?
Only in boxing could someone be winning from getting punched in the hands

Conor would have koed him if he started the Fast program earlier

Back