Gronk is the greatest weapon all time

Ive listed multiple things to back my reasoning. Youve listed fucking nothing.

No, you've listed things that are nice for what he's done so far, but nothing that's seen him career wise out do the greatest of all time.

Look, if you want to argue that someday he could be the greatest ever, that's fine. But arguing he's 'possibly already' the greatest of all time is silly. And you know it. But you want to be melodramatic about it I guess.

Jerry Rice is the greatest WR of all time. Currently, and for a while now. There, that's my argument. Have fun.

No, you've listed things that are nice for what he's done so far, but nothing that's seen him career wise out do the greatest of all time.

Look, if you want to argue that someday he could be the greatest ever, that's fine. But arguing he's 'possibly already' the greatest of all time is silly. And you know it. But you want to be melodramatic about it I guess.

Jerry Rice is the greatest WR of all time. Currently, and for a while now. There, that's my argument. Have fun.
I dont think you can grasp the difference between talent and production.

So again, youve offered zero to dispute it.

You also conveniently skipped this apparently so Ill toss it up for you again.
Rice’s longevity and production were something else and it would take many more years for AB to even whiff that, but the plays he makes on the field are just mind boggling. And he does them every where. His hands, his routes, his deep play ability, his YAC. All of it is through the roof.

Hes breaking history in his own right with receptions etc. If he hits 1,000 yards within 10 games in 1 more time he ties Rice’s record of doing that in 4 seasons. Theres a good chance he could do that several more times.

Browns got some strong similarities to Rice as well. If he stays healthy his style should lend well to still performing with age.

I dont think you can grasp the difference between talent and production.

So again, youve offered zero to dispute it.

You also conveniently skipped this apparently so Ill toss it up for you again.

No, I haven't read all thru the thread, or all of your posts in it.

I don't understand the difference between talent and production? You don't understand much about football, it's history, changes to the game that allow for greater inflated stats in the passing game and 'talent' yourself if you are seriously making this argument.

You're being completely ridiculous here.

Jerry was considered the best all time long before he retired. Both his talent and his numbers back that up. Just because he wasn't 6'4 running a 4.3 40 doesn't mean he wasn't insanely talented.

Let's just say he's a problem for any secondary in the league right now. He's also a blast to watch.

Don't get me wrong, the guy's incredible. But Brady broke all the passing records the year he had Randy Moss.

Last edited:
No, I haven't read all thru the thread, or all of your posts in it.

I don't understand the difference between talent and production? You don't understand much about football, it's history, changes to the game that allow for greater inflated stats in the passing game and 'talent' yourself if you are seriously making this argument.

You're being completely ridiculous here.

Jerry was considered the best all time long before he retired. Both his talent and his numbers back that up. Just because he wasn't 6'4 running a 4.3 40 doesn't mean he wasn't insanely talented.
Didnt read but gonna comment anyway? Got it.

You arent even making sense at this point. Im defending AB and your response is “Just because he wasnt 6’4 running a 4.3 40 doesnt mean he wasnt insanely talented.” You realize AB is considerably smaller than Jerry Rice, right? But sure, just inflated stats thanks to those changes in the game lol.

Probably should read through the persons posts in the thread next time before you talk from your ass.

Best to ever play his position, and it's pretty incredible for a guy on the back half of his career to still be capable of taking over a game against an elite opponent like he did last week. Hard to argue Gronk is the best ever when that previous sentence could be applied to Tom Brady, and Brady's had so much success without Gronk.

Still, all time great player, if he didn't miss so much time due to injuries he'd likely have the TE touchdown record already.

Didnt read but gonna comment anyway? Got it.

You arent even making sense at this point. Im defending AB and your response is “Just because he wasnt 6’4 running a 4.3 40 doesnt mean he wasnt insanely talented.” You realize AB is considerably smaller than Jerry Rice, right? But sure, just inflated stats thanks to those changes in the game lol.

Probably should read through the persons posts in the thread next time before you talk from your ass.

Saying Jerry Rice is the greatest WR to ever play the game isn't talking out of my ass. Neither is admitting I haven't read every response here -I'm not concerned with what you've said to anyone else in this thread, that's irrelevant anyway. Cherry picking my reply to you in hopes of lessening your buffoonery here, or just not understanding what I meant at all (I'll leave which one is appropriate to you), is however, you talking out of your ass.

And continuing your melodrama.

Happy holidays!

Saying Jerry Rice is the greatest WR to ever play the game isn't talking out of my ass. Neither is admitting I haven't read every response here -I'm not concerned with what you've said to anyone else in this thread, that's irrelevant anyway. Cherry picking my reply to you in hopes of lessening your buffoonery here, or just not understanding what I meant at all (I'll leave which one is appropriate to you), is however, you talking out of your ass.

And continuing your melodrama.

Happy holidays!
You lack reading comprehension.

You didnt read the posts itt, but Im cherry picking?

<mma4>

https://www.amazon.com/Gronking-Remember-Neutral-Gronkowski-Erotica-ebook/dp/B00T5DSXDY

5113dr0OGOL.jpg

It takes so much to go right for anyone to break Rice’s records. I dont expect anyone to do it.
Things didn't even go right for Rice. He had to have his knee completely rebuilt and he still carried on like a machine.

I think Rice's longevity has actually hurt his legacy. I feel like younger fans that didn't see him in his prime don't realize he was far and away the best WR in the game for a decade and the primary weapon on multiple SB champs. Not just a guy who played forever and put up stats.

But anyway, as a weapon I'll take Rice, Moss, Emmitt, Sanders, Jim Brown, Faulk, Thomas, and others over Gronk in a walk. He's great as a TE, but he's always hurt and when he's not he's getting himself suspended over stupid shit. Plus he's still a TE. There are plenty of current WR's more valuable and that definitely starts with AB.

Last edited:
IMO randy moss is the greatest offensive weapon ever. Best deep threat of all time and was always double teamed because of his threat to take the top off the defense, which opened up plenty of short routes for his teammates. He stretched the defense like no one else.
There was no offensive player ever who was even close to a prime Moss.

Overall he may or may not be even a top 3 wideout but prime he was unstoppable from anywhere on the field.

I'm not convinced that Gronk is a 'greater weapon' than Kellen Winslow was.

Big Ben won’t be around forever. Just something to remember for AB best there is and ever will be crowd.

Big Ben won’t be around forever. Just something to remember for AB best there is and ever will be crowd.
Meh. QB helps obviously but AB’s routes and hands arent Big Rapes doing. The talent is talent.

Meh. QB helps obviously but AB’s routes and hands arent Big Rapes doing. The talent is talent.
Yeah but if AB had fucking Stanton throwing to him we wouldn't even talk about him.

Brown is this decades Marvin Harrison. Some of you need to calm down. The only answer to this question is (insert whatever god tier three down back is in his prime)

Back