Encompassing Athleticism and Fighting

Not training as much as I'm still interning. Will have my exam at the 10th of january I think, and then it's time to start preparing for the bachelors and having more time to train.

I'm interning at a hospital, 11 weeks, and this time I've learned more than I ever have I think. Our counselor is amazing, she has really made me see things in a different perspective. I needed this.

Warmup:
- Mobility drills and active respiration drills, along with dynamic stretching and stability.

Drills:
- Ankle boundings, high knees, A skips, footwork drills, boxing drills, shadowkickboxing and so on for about 40 min.

Trapbar DL:
- bar
- 12x60kg
- 3 sets of 12x70kg

- Facilitating drills for glut med/max and triple extension

Corrective stuff/fun:
- Stability work to protect against anterior shoulder translation
- Serratus anterior work in various degrees of difficulty, working on getting my right scapula to upwardly rotate enough as to have angulus inferior on the lateral side of the thorax and get PROPER scapulohumaral rhythm (sounded geeky eh)
- Core, incl. deadbugs
- Sun Salutations B and yoga stretches with breathing

Most of it was done as a circuit a few times.

It's getting real weird in here.

Last edited:

A bit more bouncy and measured here:

Managed to get some training in, christmas holiday today! a few weeks and I'm done interning and can get back to training regularly again.

Rowing:
5km

Mobility

Shadowboxing and bagwork for about 30 min

Squat:
- bar
- 10x60kg
- 6x80kg
- 6x80kg
- 6x80kg

Run:
30-40 mins

Deadlift:
- bar
- 10x60kg
- 5x80kg
- 5x100kg
- 5x100kg

Bagwork:
20 min

OHP:
- bar
- 10x30kg
- 8x40kg
- 6x50kg
- 5x55kg

Warmup

Squat:
- bar
- 10x60kg
- 5x80kg
- 3 x 5x90kg

DL:
- 10x60kg
- 5x100kg
- 3 x 5x110kg

OHP:
- bar
- 10x30kg
- 10x40kg
- 2 x 5x50kg

CMJ:
- 3 x 5 jumps

Rower:
3x500m HIT

Wallstand practice, stretching, pushups

Warmup:
- Walking
- Shadowboxing
- Drills

Squat:
- bar
- 10x60kg
- 10x60kg
- 5x80kg
- 5x80kg
- 5x80kg

Deadlift:
- bar
- 10x60kg
- 5x80kg
- 5x100kg
- 5x100kg

Turkish getups:
- BW
- 5x9kg each side
- 5x9kg each side

Misc:
Pushups, Benchpress (volume), Judo pushups, hamstring curls on ball, ab work, stretching

16/01/2018 -
LISS run for about 30-40 min with some footwork drills and shadowboxing

Today -
Warmup:

- Mobility/dynamic stretching
- A skips

Squat:
- bar
- 10x60kg
- 8x70kg
- 5x80kg
- 5x80kg
- 5x80kg

Turkish getups:
- 5x8kg each side
- 5x8kg each side

CMJ jumps:
- 5xBW

Circuit:
- Judo pushups, Chinups, Leg raise and Hamstring curls on ball x2

Single leg dumbbell work with focus on stability and balance. Moving extremeties and switching sides with the dumbbell as a progression on instability.

Stretching

Worked out today.

Shadowboxing about 20 min:

Squat:
- bar
- 10x60kg
- 5x70kg
- 3 x 5x80kg

Turkish getups:
- BW
- 3x 5x7kg each side

Pullups:
- ARAMP : 10

Circuit:
- Hamstring curls on ball 10 reps x3, Judo pushups 8, Kettlebell swings 20 reps, did the turkish getups here.

Some misc: tumbling and rotator cuff work + one set of lateral raises.

Man your basics in boxing are improving drastically. They were very good, but now they are even better. And you have not been training much lately...

LISS run today for about 30 min.
Man your basics in boxing are improving drastically. They were very good, but now they are even better. And you have not been training much lately...
Thanks man, nice of you to notice. I went away a little bit from the too upright stance and down in a slight crouch (as I used to do before). I'm always working on it though, always thinking about it. I have begun practicing angles much more in shadowboxing, and actually trying to imagine a target and aiming my punches at specific places, instead of just throwing them out there. It takes more concentration.

Feels like I'm improving yes, which is good. I can't wait to get back into it more regularly. I really want to fight again but not sure my head holds up, but I want to improve either way. Some light sparring will be alright.

Warmup:
- Mobility/dynamic stretching
- A skips

Squat:
- bar
- 10x60kg
- 5x70kg
- 3x5x80kg

Bench:
- bar
- 10x60kg
- 3x5x70kg

DL:
- 8x80kg

Circuit:
- Single leg deadlifts 8 reps with 24kg each leg
- Pullups 5 reps
- Wall Handstands 20 second hold and as long as possible (ALAP) freestanding

Stretching

LISS run for about 30-40 mins during the early hours.

Strength training later in the day:

Warmup:
- Moving about
- Dynamic stretching

DL:
- bar
- 10x60kg as RDLs
- 5x80kg
- 5x100kg
- 5x100kg
- 5x100kg

OHP:
- bar
- bar
- 5x40kg
- 5x50kg
- 5x50kg
- 5x40kg

Circuit:
- Unilateral dumbbell Rows 20kg each side x 8
- Reverse Flys 8kg each side x 10
- Hamstring Curls on a ball x 12

Neck iso holds, stretching, breathing

Last edited:
Warmup:
- Moving about

Boxing:
- Shadowboxing/bagwork about 30 mins
- Drills with a friend from class, pretty cool.

More and more people wanna learn a few boxing basics so I'm basicly teaching 3-4 people here and there for fun. I train with them anyway at times so it's a fun activity, and I can use them to drill stuff for myself.

Rowing:
- 2km slow pace
- 2km fast pace

Circuit:
- Turkish Getups 8kg dumbbell 5 reps each side
- Lateral Raises 8kg 10 reps each side
- Pullups 6 reps
- Judo Pushups 8 reps x2
- Kettlebell Swings 20kg for 10 reps

I wasn't supposed to do any hard training today so I stopped after just doing a few things once. Feeling fatigued in general after having upped my volume substantially again after interning. I'm doing a lot so I might need to ease into it a bit more. Have some lifting tomorrow as well.

Stretching/misc NMK and breathing stuff for about 15-20 min

PS: Had a meeting with center for brain damage here in the capital and they were open to us doing an intervention and case studies with a few people who suffer from PCS. It's for my bachelor assignment and it's very cool. Great meeting, now the ball is in our court.

PCS (post concussive syndrome) is such an unexplored field. No one really knows anything, at least it's very individualised. It's going to be tough, but it's a lot more exciting/challenging than just doing strength training or whatever for other patient groups.

Last edited:
Wow you are actually being positive about your problems. I like that, man.

I wanted to ask you about your warm ups. What do you call dynamic or mobility stretching, moving about. I saw what is A hop. When do use them and why?

Warmup:
- Moving about
- Facilitating Drills
- Dynamic stretching

Squat:
- Bar
- 10x60kg
- 10x60kg
- 5x80kg
- 5x90kg
- 5x90kg

Bench:
- Bar
- 10x60kg
- 5x70kg
- 5x75kg
- 5x75kg
- 5x75kg

Circuit:
- Turkish Getups 10kg dumbbell 5 reps each side
- Judo Pushups 10 reps
- Single Leg Deadlifts with 24kgs total 8 reps each leg
x2

Stretching

Wow you are actually being positive about your problems. I like that, man.

I wanted to ask you about your warm ups. What do you call dynamic or mobility stretching, moving about. I saw what is A hop. When do use them and why?
Yeah my problems are miniscule in the grand scheme of things really.

Well, moving about is just this warmup routine I do where I'm going through all my joints and do different movements with them. That's the same as what I call a mobility warmup, more or less. It's just doing like circle movements and different patterns, including anteriorly and posteriorly tilting my pelvis and all that. Bascly it's just oldschool gym warmups with a little more focus on each joint. Hard to explain.

Dynamic stretching is just like me swinging my leg back and forth to get a stretch in my hamstrings and so on. Basic stuff again.

A Skip is a track and field exercise. I really like doing it as I feel like it promotes good motor patterns in general and it's transferable to better running/sprinting mechanics, and kicking. It's very hard to find a proper, to the point tutorial, but this one is okay. I usually start with walking A skips first, which is the same motion but just in a slow, walking tempo without getting off the ground:

I just use them as a warmup sometimes, mostly because of the reaons already listed.

Hope the training is going good! Remember to recover and don't overwork yourself.

Thanks a lot Sano. I was looking for a way to warm up for any weight training.

I am using a massage cream with a cooling effect. And since my grandma moved to lived with me she is giving me 5-10 minutes of massage and is cooking for me a lot of healthy stuff which has changed my recovery. I am surpriced how well educates she is regarding healthy cooking and her meds. Like she insists my dinner protein is from cheese and I checked it has cassein which is healthier due to slower consumption while you sleep and.stuff like that.

Thanks a lot Sano. I was looking for a way to warm up for any weight training.

I am using a massage cream with a cooling effect. And since my grandma moved to lived with me she is giving me 5-10 minutes of massage and is cooking for me a lot of healthy stuff which has changed my recovery. I am surpriced how well educates she is regarding healthy cooking and her meds. Like she insists my dinner protein is from cheese and I checked it has cassein which is healthier due to slower consumption while you sleep and.stuff like that.
That sounds pretty awesome! Good to hear.

Warmup:
- Bike about 15 min
- A little mobility

Deadlifts:
- Bar
- 10x60kg as Romanias
- 5x80kg
- 5x100kg
- 5x110kg
- 5x110kg
- 5x110kg

Double overhand, it was hard to hold for my grip. Back is really not liking regular DLs, I might switch to traps.

OHP:
- Bar
- 10x30kg
- 8x40kg
- 5x52,5kg
- 5x50kg
- 5x50kg

Neck not liking it.

Circuit:
Lateral raises, dumbbell rows, reverse flys, pushups
x2

Eyes has been bothering me a lot these last few days. Nausea too. So annoying, when you think that symptoms are mostly gone and then they return. I have been training a lot and doing more stuff, but it's still aggravating. Also I'm feeling fatigued.

Oh well, usually it goes away again.

Last edited:
This morning:

LISS run/walk for about 30 min

Later:

Squat:
- Bar
- Bar
- 10x60kg
- 10x60kg
- 3x80kg
- 3x90kg
- 3x110kg
- 3x110kg
- 3x110kg

Right knee is acting up, I didn't warm up today and that was a mistake. It was a little shaky during running as well, I'll see how it goes.

Benchpress:
- Bar
- 10x40kg
- 8x50kg
- 5x60kg
- 3x80kg
- 3x80kg
- 3x80kg

Neck is really acting up, but I'll try to manipulate some variables, maybe not do any pressing or pulling for a little while.

Circuit:
- Hamstring Curls on bosu ball x 15 reps
- Unilateral DL with dumbbells 30kg total x 8 reps
- Pullups x 6 reps
x3

Misc:
Some ab and core work, and rotational stability. My left SI is a little wirery and my lower back is a little off as well. Haha, everything just came at once, but it'll pass again.

Bit of a lazy training.

Last edited:
Back