Slick's thread of Fire Pro

I think that match was perfection. I mentioned a lack of selling earlier, but the double down 10 count mod kind of makes up for that and adds to the pacing. I can't get over that match. I would say maybe it lacked a real high spot but it's super rare for Joe to hit that springboard moonsault on the outside, usually hits a forearm tope, then he ate back to back tiger suplexes on the wooden floor. That ending was smooth as butter though, I've wanted to see that finish for awhile.
I'll have to take a look at it, shit is cash.

I'm just waiting for Management of the Ring and custom belts before I start playing it real hardcore again. I want promo wars mannnnnn
Management of the Ring was announced a few days ago. Looks like it's the same as Final Fire Pro which was pretty deep but I never got a chance to play it myself. Only drawback is it will be DLC since it wasn't planned initially and was added later. If you grab the game right now, you'll still be getting it for less than retail even if you buy the DLC. I'm happy to support the developers on this one, they've been really close to the community during its time in early access.

14 promotions they said. That sounds pretty nice to me.
It's all about editing logic, which can get pretty complicated. I just wish there is a way to edit wrestler logic so that jobber CAW actually lose grapple attempts on purpose, or at least lose 9/10 grapple exchanges.
Someone recently made an edit that has no real attacks and is filled with transitions that inevitably lead to a reversal. Works awesome in vanilla, and is only better with Carl's pacing mod.

I just downloaded this off of Steam last night.

Are there any good roster downloads yet? What about mods?

I loved the old FirePro on the Gameboy Advance. The thinly-clad rosters of the popular wrestling companies was GOLD! I loved playing as the Stan Hansen clone.

I just downloaded this off of Steam last night.

Are there any good roster downloads yet? What about mods?

I loved the old FirePro on the Gameboy Advance. The thinly-clad rosters of the popular wrestling companies was GOLD! I loved playing as the Stan Hansen clone.
Right on!

DJKM77 has an insane collection, he's done a lot of porting from his collections in Returns.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198370398209/myworkshopfiles/?appid=564230

Senator has a ton of really solid edits, including a lot of boxers and MMA pioneers.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198030495941/myworkshopfiles/?appid=564230

Desert Punk has a lot of Puroresu guys, pretty good stuff.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Desertpunk23fpr/myworkshopfiles/?appid=564230

For original characters, Denizen runs my favorite e-fed, ZIP Japan. These guys all have so much work put in to their logic and balancing, and it's a blast watching him stream shows with them. His booking and promo work is awesome considering the size of his roster right now. I'm more excited for these events on Twitch than I am real wrestling.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198129297570/myworkshopfiles/?appid=564230

This guy Soak has some awesome original characters as well. He does a phenomenal job of showing character through logic and movesets, all of his edits feel really unique and have their own signatures.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198062137022/myworkshopfiles/?appid=564230

I'd absolutely recommend using Carlzilla's mod suite. It provides simple aesthetic stuff like custom arena and ring textures including cages, blood permanently staining the mats for a match or even for a whole session if you're running an "event", and even adding levels of blood from a small knick to a full on crimson mask. But there's way more was well such as 5 counts on rope breaks for heels, death match options, no tie ups if you're simming, 10 counts for double knockdowns late match, lucha tag rules, a free camera system including the ability to set presets and create an AI for the cuts depending on the situation, a commentary engine, and so much more. It's crazy how much he's managed to add to the game.

http://www.fpwarena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1470

I also recommend checking my dudes out. Fishy Joe/Joe Fish puts on great matches and matches up really well with his former protege the Boston Crab. I've got a lot of guys that are just about ready to release as well.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197989411941/myworkshopfiles/?appid=564230

Last edited:
Great answers! Thanks so much, Slick_36.

Now, how do you install that stuff?

Great answers! Thanks so much, Slick_36.

Now, how do you install that stuff?
I'm happy to help!

There's instructions on the post where the mod stuff is located, it'll give you much better instructions than I could. It might seem a little awkward when you're first reading it, but it's a really simple process that's about as easy as just unzipping the files in to your Fire Pro directory folder. Opening the patcher, clicking what mods you want, and patching it. Might sound intimidating but once you do it once, it'll seem really simple in hindsight. If you have any specific questions about it, I can try to help you as best I can.

i've always wanted to get into the fire pro series but the handling and timing based gameplay and i don't get along. still, it looks like a great game and i love watching the youtube vids of great matches!

i've always wanted to get into the fire pro series but the handling and timing based gameplay and i don't get along. still, it looks like a great game and i love watching the youtube vids of great matches!

Yeah, the control scheme is a little...awkward, and the learning curve is pretty steep. I got FPWR a while ago, and it took me a good few hours to really get the timing down, and start doing what I wanted to. This was after turning the AI down to "full retard" as well. Once you start to get it though, it's pretty fun. I don't think it's as smooth as the N64 games, but the amount of wrestlers and moves(something like 1600 different moves), makes sure you're always in for something different.

But yeah, the customization is where it's at. It actually plays better as a "Manager" type of game, rather than playing the actual matches. Creating an org with unique wrestlers, booking a tournament, and seeing how it all plays out is the best way to enjoy the game.

I've actually only played one match and that was by accident online the other day after a few hundred hours logged in. Making your wrestlers behave how you want is what sets this apart, tinkering with the logic is gameplay to me and watching matches is the best part. Knowing you orchestrated a good match is a really satisfying feeling.
Yeah, the control scheme is a little...awkward, and the learning curve is pretty steep. I got FPWR a while ago, and it took me a good few hours to really get the timing down, and start doing what I wanted to. This was after turning the AI down to "full retard" as well. Once you start to get it though, it's pretty fun. I don't think it's as smooth as the N64 games, but the amount of wrestlers and moves(something like 1600 different moves), makes sure you're always in for something different.

But yeah, the customization is where it's at. It actually plays better as a "Manager" type of game, rather than playing the actual matches. Creating an org with unique wrestlers, booking a tournament, and seeing how it all plays out is the best way to enjoy the game.
Management of the Ring looks pretty cool. If you don't want to get the DLC, there is a program that lets you do basically the same thing. I'm not sure if importing the save automatically is possible still with the updates, but you can import the information by hand.
http://www.fpwarena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=803&hilit=by+hook+crook

Got a good match between my two latest Workshop contributions. I held this match at Ryogoku Sumo Hall since Kyukazan is a former Yokozuna, but the Sleeping Mountain couldn't have been any farther from home in the pro wrestling ring where Joey the Fish showed nothing but disrespect to the former champion. I was hoping to show the big man off, but Joey showed him how they handle things in Venice*.

*Fishy Joe has never been to Italy, he's just been brainwashed to think he's a hitman for the mob.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1243187309
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1134152391

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Could you post some Gruesome Fight mode matches or some matches with an MMA based CAW?

Also, how does limb damage work in the new one? In FPW Returns, I think limb damage would make them move slower and decrease damage for moves that use that limb, but didn't make it any easier to submit them when attacking that limb.
Sorry it took so long, but I recorded a couple MMA bouts for you tonight.

SWA Rules

Gruesome Rules

So it hit me after I recorded that Pride fight that you can play in a ring with Gruesome rules with the mod suite. So MMA in a ring without the 10 counts. I'm a lot more excited to play around with that stuff now.

Buck Larson knows how to cave in a skull in style.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Just posting some of the better matches I've simmed on Fire Pro World. That game is magic.

Fishy Joe is a character of mine, the rest are community creations from the Fire Pro Arena.

Fishy Joe vs Midnight Rambler

Fishy Joe vs Justin Starr

My dood, I tried to get into fire pro wrestling back in the day. But the gameplay was too cumbersome IMO. I could only get any satisfaction running Simms and I lost interest quickly. Which is a shame because I love 2d games.

So IMO VIRTUAL PRO WRESTLING 2 is the greatest game of the genere ever. The game engine is the best ever . WAR AKI development team !!

But haven't played since forever.

<20> .

Is that a new angle/perspective available in the game?
There's a free cam mod that lets you move the camera around and save angles. There's even a cam AI system that lets you save presets for different situations and the AI will cut to angles automatically. Though I prefer to stick to one angle and switch to default when they get too far apart. The models are 2D in a 3D field though, so rotating too much will distort the wrestlers and have them appear to be grabbing air, the crowd is also sort of always at an angle too. It's still a pretty awesome mod though that allows for some fun shots, especially for screenshots.

There's a free cam mod that lets you move the camera around and save angles. There's even a cam AI system that lets you save presets for different situations and the AI will cut to angles automatically. Though I prefer to stick to one angle and switch to default when they get too far apart. The models are 2D in a 3D field though, so rotating too much will distort the wrestlers and have them appear to be grabbing air, the crowd is also sort of always at an angle too. It's still a pretty awesome mod though that allows for some fun shots, especially for screenshots.
Oh ok. Just went through and made sure I wasn't missing anything from FPW :p

I like that angle more. Gonna download the mod.

Oh ok. Just went through and made sure I wasn't missing anything from FPW :p

I like that angle more. Gonna download the mod.
The mod adds a TON of good stuff. Multiple levels of blood that stains the mat, custom arena textures, wait times on the entrances, wrestler organization/mass deletion, multiple movesets based on attire slots, entrance attires, and a ton more. It's insane how much has been put in so far.

Back