UFC 219 PBP/discussion

Mas called out Magny on twitter

Wait? Holm almost robbed Cyborg? I was huge on Cyborg ITD so I wouldn't have minded it to teach her a lesson about keeping the pressure up. I'll take Khabib against any other LW or WW alive after that performance, though I still think there was reasons on paper to take Barboza. Khabib did essentially nothing to check the original legkicks, but just seemed to ignore them and power through.

Wish Magny had gotten the finish, too. I'm not going to talk too much shit about being the first one to preach Magny being a terrible matchup for Condit.

naah mas is done, wont bet him ever again. Magny can grind him out

That kind of comment/mindset is not gonna benefit you, hehe. Mas isn't done and there are peaks and valleys to this shit

Just saw an interview where Magny choked up when he was talking about his brother being killed this October. Rough. Guy is a hard worker and deserves every bit of success he gets.

With that performance if khabib vs mcgregor actually happens and conor is the favourite im betting big on khabib by bear wrestle fuck

Took a hit on this one. I would have had a profit with Cyborg/Holm ITD and would have broke even with Cyborg -5.5. I can't believe that didn't hit.

Took a hit on this one. I would have had a profit with Cyborg/Holm ITD and would have broke even with Cyborg -5.5. I can't believe that didn't hit.
This was the first time i've been burned with a point spread bet. I might refrain from doing that in the future based on this fight alone

This was the first time i've been burned with a point spread bet. I might refrain from doing that in the future based on this fight alone

Honestly, I don't know if I've ever bet a minus point spread on WMMA besides this time.

Barry's UFC 219 End-of-the-Year Free Picks
Tim Elliot Prop Points Handicap -3.5 +105 1 Unit
Marvin Vettori Prop Wins Inside Distance +133 2 Units
Matheus Nicolau Prop Wins Inside Distance +290 1 Unit
Rick Glenn ML +200 2 Units
Dan Hooker/Marc Diakiese Prop Fight Won't Start Round 3 +160 1 Unit
Khalil Rountree Prop Wins in Round 1 -125 2.25 Units
Neil Magny Prop Wins By Decision +275 1 Unit
Carla Esparza Prop Wins By Decision +325 1 Unit
Edson Barboza Prop Wins by TKO/KO +500 1.5 Units
Cristiane Justino Prop Wins inside distance -170 7 Units
Bonus Parlay: Cristiane Justino ML -300 +Neil Magny ML +155 +Khalil Rountree ML -300 +Matheus Nicolau ML -215 +564 1 Unit

Wins: 3 Losses: 8 Profit: -10.7 Units

No excuses. A little bit of egg on of my face for not coming through for my Barry bro's. Always man-up because that's what bosses do, they also take accountability and move on. I said if I lost money on this card that I would match whatever losses with an equal donation to "Make A Wish Foundation". Well, $1070 is going to them courtesy of yours truly.

You don't have to like me, but I am a man of my word and I don't renege on my promises. Just know I spend time I could be doing others things to help the Sherdog betting community. Still that guy who went from being a total mug to where I am now as one of the most legitimate handicappers in the game. I'm blessed that I do something that I love as a profession and make good money to boot.

May 2018 bring even more profits. Want to wish everyone a Happy New Year (even to the critics, haters, Drumpf supporters)

- Barry

Back