Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion - December, 2017

Guys, anything solid for NFL? Last week of my pool and I need 6 picks.

Buffalo on the road @ -2.5 against the Dolphins isn't a bad pick for one of your six picks. Bills have a playoff spot to play for but they need help also. Dolphins have nothing to play for and probably Cutler's last game as a Dolphin. Most likely a close game.

Love it I don’t think they lose a step with Jones.

Young and Turner have been playing shitty Dipo makes that team go.

I feel the same way, just hope it isn't a trap line/game. Worth a 1u bet.

Out of those I’d take the Browns, Niners, and cowboys. They’re no brainers at this point
I know that, but everyone has the opportunity to do this of course. Makes it very challenging with motivation, resting players, lines that are way off, etc. Last week and the pressure is on.

On the 49ers, titans and Bills. Most worried about the titans

Also have a teaser of Lions -1 and Texans +like 11. Looks good

Out of those I’d take the Browns, Niners, and cowboys. They’re no brainers at this point

Wish I saw this lol. Took the Vikings, Patriots, 49ers, Bills, Seahawks, and Falcons.

Cmon wizards got in live +175, 2u
Tied 104-104, ww got the momentum, Beal on fire

A little bit of a late post but I have a decent lean on the Clippers -2 here. I took them for 3u. I think the "loss" of Austin Rivers actually does them good here, as he has a season +/- of -45. Small line value but throw in NYE game for Charlotte makes me think theyll be a bit flat

i blind tailed timberwolves -2 for £200 which was pretty crazy. thanks guys.

A little bit of a late post but I have a decent lean on the Clippers -2 here. I took them for 3u. I think the "loss" of Austin Rivers actually does them good here, as he has a season +/- of -45. Small line value but throw in NYE game for Charlotte makes me think theyll be a bit flat
Today’s been amazing. Also hit the Clippers ML at plus odds live. Made 5u on NFL plays and another 5 right here

Good call, didn't realize Austin Rivers numbers were that bad. Kind of understand why Chris Paul was feuding with Coach Doc Rivers (one of the main reasons) and his supposed preferential treatment of his son in past years and part of why he left.

Good call, didn't realize Austin Rivers numbers were that bad. Kind of understand why Chris Paul was feuding with Coach Doc Rivers (one of the main reasons) and his supposed preferential treatment of his son in past years and part of why he left.
They're not THAT bad, in theory. its -45 but through 32 games, which is an average of -1.4 points per game. The Clippers as a team average -0.5 points per game this season (which is around an average team). But if we look at their first meeting in Charlotte, the Clippers were 5 point underdogs and that was before Teodosic came back from injury. For the record, Teodosic has the HIGHEST plus minus on the Clippers at +89 through 10 games played. So with all that taken to account, the betting line didnt make any adjustments for Teodosic playing and Rivers not playing

Just to be super anal: In the first meeting between these two teams, Rivers was 3-14 shooting and finished with just 9 points, 3 assists, and 3 turnovers in 34 minutes played and had a -19 point differential in a game that the Clippers lost by 15

edit @quincy k this is how i try to find line value when injuries are involved

Last edited:
So this is why I suck at betting football

Ravens are my team

All week I’ve told myself you need to hit the bengals at +10.5. It’s going to be a close game. Just like last week with the colts. I knew the lines were way too generous for bmore

So today I end up hitting the bengals for 10.5.

I don’t want to root against my team so I play bmore -5 AND I pay -400 for bmore ml, because I’m an idiot

So my lack of discipline combined with degeneracy ends up costing me big two weeks in a row

They're not THAT bad, in theory. its -45 but through 32 games, which is an average of -1.4 points per game. The Clippers as a team average -0.5 points per game this season (which is around an average team). But if we look at their first meeting in Charlotte, the Clippers were 5 point underdogs and that was before Teodosic came back from injury. For the record, Teodosic has the HIGHEST plus minus on the Clippers at +89 through 10 games played. So with all that taken to account, the betting line didnt make any adjustments for Teodosic playing and Rivers not playing

Just to be super anal: In the first meeting between these two teams, Rivers was 3-14 shooting and finished with just 9 points, 3 assists, and 3 turnovers in 34 minutes played and had a -19 point differential in a game that the Clippers lost by 15

edit @quincy k this is how i try to find line value when injuries are involved

thanks. if you didnt see it the lakers lost in double overtime in houston and are playing today in minnesota, ball still questionable with the shoulder

Back