Has your Xbox 360, and Xbox One suddenly stopped working before

MadSquabbles500

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Has you Xbox 360, and Xbox One suddenly stopped working? Mine has. I have both, and they just stopped working. My 360, I have not used in a long time. Will that happen if idling for too long? As for my Xbox One, I downloaded Battlefield 1, and was working for like two days, but all of a sudden it takes forever to get to homepage. It stays on that green screen with the Xbox symbol forever. When it does get to homepage, the console does not seem to detect when I insert a disc.

Are the Xbox's known to be glitchy? Is this like what Apple did with their phones? Meaning the purposely sabotage the phone with updates. The Xbox is also constantly getting updates. Is Microsoft doing the same thing here?

Can I use Xbox One S if my TV is kind of old, and not top of the line graphics wise?

I went through 3 xbox 360s. When the 3rd one broke I had enough and bought a ps3.

I ended up buying a ps4 for myself and got my niece an Xbox one for Xmas 2 years ago. I went over to her house the other day and it lags horribly in the menus. Took forever just to browse the Xbox store. Games play fine though.

I’ve had good luck with Xbox 360’s my 2006 purchased one just quit working last year. My slim has been going strong for a few years.

For the One X, you might have a hard drive issue, its most likely corrupted, since you are complaining about it not loading on the initial loading screen. You can do a couple things to fix it... 1) reinstall the game, 2)factory reset your console, keeping all games, if this works and the issue comes back up in a day or two its a hard drive issue. if its under warranty get it replaced. All this being said, make sure the disc isnt scratched up. You can also keep your Xbox one on 24/7 as it is basically a cable box, meant for it. Before I got the scorpio edition xbox one X i had the original on since it launched and ran into similar issues to what you had and they needed to replace the hard drive.

EDIT: Also your tv wont matter as Xbox one S cant play games in higher quality then 1080. Your tv would only effect you if you wanted to watch 4k movies/shows.

For the One X, you might have a hard drive issue, its most likely corrupted, since you are complaining about it not loading on the initial loading screen. You can do a couple things to fix it... 1) reinstall the game, 2)factory reset your console, keeping all games, if this works and the issue comes back up in a day or two its a hard drive issue. if its under warranty get it replaced. All this being said, make sure the disc isnt scratched up. You can also keep your Xbox one on 24/7 as it is basically a cable box, meant for it. Before I got the scorpio edition xbox one X i had the original on since it launched and ran into similar issues to what you had and they needed to replace the hard drive.

EDIT: Also your tv wont matter as Xbox one S cant play games in higher quality then 1080. Your tv would only effect you if you wanted to watch 4k movies/shows.

The Xbox One S will up scale games to 4k.

Has you Xbox 360, and Xbox One suddenly stopped working? Mine has. I have both, and they just stopped working. My 360, I have not used in a long time. Will that happen if idling for too long? As for my Xbox One, I downloaded Battlefield 1, and was working for like two days, but all of a sudden it takes forever to get to homepage. It stays on that green screen with the Xbox symbol forever. When it does get to homepage, the console does not seem to detect when I insert a disc.

Are the Xbox's known to be glitchy? Is this like what Apple did with their phones? Meaning the purposely sabotage the phone with updates. The Xbox is also constantly getting updates. Is Microsoft doing the same thing here?

Can I use Xbox One S if my TV is kind of old, and not top of the line graphics wise?

Try clearing your cache. In order to do so you have to reset the mac address in the system options. Do you have it set to instant on? I always make sure mine is set to a hard turn on and shut down.

My eventually 360 took a shit though The old white ones are bullshit and always break. I actually bought a slim from Gamestop for $50 a few months ago.

The Xbox One S will up scale games to 4k.

No it doesnt, that is the one X's job. The One S gives you 4k streaming and a 4k blu ray player. The One X plays games in 4k. Thats the difference.

Xbox one S: Notice "4k gaming" is nowhere to be found. "Xbox One S has over 1,300 games: blockbusters, popular franchises, and Xbox One exclusives. Play with friends, use apps, and enjoy built-in 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray™ and 4K video streaming."
https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one-s

Xbox one X: Notice how it mentions 4k gaming.... "You can only play 4K games like Forza Motorsport 7, Crackdown 3, State of Decay 2, Sea of Thieves and Super Lucky’s Tale the way they’re meant to be played on Xbox One X."
https://www.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-one-x

No it doesnt, that is the one X's job. The One S gives you 4k streaming and a 4k blu ray player. The One X plays games in 4k. Thats the difference.

Xbox one S: Notice "4k gaming" is nowhere to be found. "Xbox One S has over 1,300 games: blockbusters, popular franchises, and Xbox One exclusives. Play with friends, use apps, and enjoy built-in 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray™ and 4K video streaming."

Xbox one X: Notice how it mentions 4k gaming.... "You can only play 4K games like Forza Motorsport 7, Crackdown 3, State of Decay 2, Sea of Thieves and Super Lucky’s Tale the way they’re meant to be played on Xbox One X."
https://www.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-one-x

giphy.gif

0986a519-2182-4c4d-84a7-27eaf5f432fe.png

746b82bf-863b-42bc-a206-9a3ae1880cef.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/54jhwn/4k_upscaling_for_games_on_xbox_one_s/

giphy.gif

Last edited:

I just posted the exact link from the Xbox site troll elsewhere or be blocked, I dont deal with trolls thanks. Xbox one S does not play games in 4k. Learn what upscaling is. Its like calling checkerboarding native 4k. or even dynamic 4k. There is not a single mention of 4k gaming. So please troll elsewhere thank you.
"Xbox One S has over 1,300 games: blockbusters, popular franchises, and Xbox One exclusives. Play with friends, use apps, and enjoy built-in 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray™ and 4K video streaming."
The best in 4K entertainment
4K Streaming
Stream 4K Ultra HD video on Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, and more.

4K Blu-ray
Watch movies in stunning detail with built-in 4K Ultra HD Blu-rayTM.

Spatial Audio
Bring your games and movies to life with immersive audio through Dolby Atmos and DTS: X.4

Endless entertainment apps
Enjoy your favorite apps like YouTube, Spotify, HBO NOW, ESPN and many more.5

Last edited:
I just posted the exact link from the Xbox site troll elsewhere or be blocked, I dont deal with trolls thanks.
"Xbox One S has over 1,300 games: blockbusters, popular franchises, and Xbox One exclusives. Play with friends, use apps, and enjoy built-in 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray™ and 4K video streaming."

Are you retarded? I'll even highlight it for you. What part of "Games on the Xbox One S also get upscaled to 4K" do you not understand? I'm not trolling you are just flat out wrong. Blocking a person on a message board is a bitch move btw.

upload_2017-12-31_22-5-40.png

Are you retarded? I'll even highlight it for you. What part of "Games on the Xbox One S also get upscaled to 4K" do you not understand? I'm not trolling you are just flat out wrong. Blocking a person on a message board is a bitch move btw.

View attachment 319197

blocked i dont deal with retarded trolls who cant click xboxs own website. I swear idiots like you think you know more then the company as upscaling isnt a native resoulation hence you cant advertise 4k, you are stretching pixels. Thats all upscaling is... stretching pixels. You are stretching 1080 to make it look like 4k, when its still 1080... Learn the difference between upscaling, checkerboard,dynamic, and native resolutions. There is a reason Xbox doesnt advertise it as capable of playing 4k games... It cant. Trolls man.

The best in 4K entertainment
4K Streaming

Stream 4K Ultra HD video on Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, and more.

4K Blu-ray
Watch movies in stunning detail with built-in 4K Ultra HD Blu-rayTM.

Spatial Audio
Bring your games and movies to life with immersive audio through Dolby Atmos and DTS: X.4

Endless entertainment apps
Enjoy your favorite apps like YouTube, Spotify, HBO NOW, ESPN and many more.5

Last edited:
My Xbox 360 elite had like 100-150 hours on it. I let my brother use it because I barely touched it. He put about 15 hours of gta 5 on it, system got a big update. Next time he played it, it red ringed. Pos.

Have a 360 bought in the first month of its release. its on its last leg... had the red ring and got fixed for free but it periodically shuts off due to overheating (two red lights). It did this a few years ago and i opened it up to clean it. It was full of dust so doing that again should fix the problem but it also has disc drive issues. The tray doesnt open sometimes. The original was a poorly made console but could be the best ever...

It's not his fault you can't read his posts.

That is all he ever claimed, that the Xbox one s upscales to 4k. He didn't say it runs games in native 4k.

Im sorry you cant read no need to tell me. Learn to read my original post, which states it plays games in 1080 and not 4k, he is just trying to start shit by stating upscaling, acting like upscaled 4k is actual 4k. By all means he might just not know the difference, but i highly doubt that.

I had a 360 that I bought at release that only lasted about 2 1/2 years. I had to send it in to get fixed which MS did on their dime. I can't remember if it died after that or not. I know I bought another xbox in like 2011 because the 12gb drive on mine was just too shitty to deal with by then.

Im sorry you cant read no need to tell me. Learn to read my original post, which states it plays games in 1080 and not 4k, he is just trying to start shit by stating upscaling, acting like upscaled 4k is actual 4k. By all means he might just not know the difference, but i highly doubt that.

I never said the One S ran native 4K you fucking butthole :D I said it upscales to 4k. It's not native, but it still vastly improves the video quality.

I had a 360 that I bought at release that only lasted about 2 1/2 years. I had to send it in to get fixed which MS did on their dime. I can't remember if it died after that or not. I know I bought another xbox in like 2011 because the 12gb drive on mine was just too shitty to deal with by then.

You can use external drives with the 360.

Back