Eric Bischoff

Official

OT Newcomer of the Year 2017 Nominee
@Green
Reaction score
Underrated in every way. If WCW would have won, wrestling would be the biggest sport in the world.

But WCW lost because of Eric Bischoff

tenor.gif

get back to work on your top 10 NFL teams bro

yeah no, he couldn't even get over his podcast

This is an interesting point. For anyone watching WCW in the late 90's, the template they usually went off of was (1) NWO promo to open the show, (2) most talented workers in the business routinely putting on good matches during the mid-card, and (3) main event being 2-star match between an NWO guy and WCW guy that 9/10 would end in a schmoz.

WWF was better IMO in knowing how to book a card, and create a sense of slowly building to the main event through a series of peaks and valleys.
This. Bischoff was a can who allowed his own hype train to drive him right off a cliff and destroy a company.

Good at the overall TV production side of things. Bad at everything else.

This. Bischoff was a can who allowed his own hype train to drive him right off a cliff and destroy a company.
Doesn't help when you have Hogan whispering in his ear the whole time.

That was his own fault. He let the inmates run the asylum and they did what was best for them not the company
To a degree. Hogan did have creative control, though. Not to mention all the other guys WCW was paying boatloads of money to, who the company had invested in. A lot of ego's had to be placated. That couldn't have been easy. IMO Bischoff was a smart guy with a blank check, but was green and had to manage a train wreck waiting to happen.

Come on now....Bischoff and Hogan ran WCW into the ground so bad...they had to turn to Vince Russo as a "Savior"

Bischoff and Hogan ran TNA so far off the map, you couldn't find it with a GPS.

I'll give Eric this, in all the shoots that I listen to now, he freely admits his mistakes and the reasons for them. The story of Eric Bischoff is best seen as a cautionary tale: When Vince McMahon changed the business, he redefined how business was done so that the only surefire way to run a company was his way. You can be smart, rich, experienced, whatever. You will always be playing 40 years worth of catch up.

WCW would've died 5-6 years earlier if not for Bischoff. The only time they made money was when he was in charge.

A legendary mind for the business. WCW and TNA wouldn't be where they are today if it weren't for him.

Glad to see there's some people here who understand

Eazy-E took over the 2nd largest wrestling company in the world and then turned that company into an international, multimillion dollar profiting business knocking off the #1 wrestling company in the world in the process. Oh and he did this before age 40 and barley 5 years even being into the business.

big-bis-6758831562.jpg

If you took Eric Bischoff's TV producing talent, combined it with Paul E.'s booking and put Vince McMahon in charge of the money, you'd have the greatest show on Earth.
Since all we have now is bland TV and boring storylines, I guess one of those is more important than the others.

Anyone read Bischoff's book? He has a great story about Ted Turner's policy on weed. It was "If you're asking me for something, we better get high first." I thought is was an outrageous claim when I first read it...turned out to be 100% true.

Back