EA UFC 3 (Update: RPM Tech Striking Deep Dive Blog)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stamina has been updated based on beta feedback, movement and strike speed slowed for gassed fighters.

Stamina has been updated based on beta feedback, movement and strike speed slowed for gassed fighters.

I think the video is a bit tricky. He shows side to side and backwards movement, which has slowed down. However, he takes one step forward (and quickly stops), which seems to be the same speed as a fighter with full stamina.

Most excited for sliders, now hopefully they beef up the career mode some.

What's a slider?
jalapeno-popper-sliders-w-name.jpg

So the main Gameplay Dev for UFC 3 released a new video updating a few things based on Beta Feedback. Today he highlighted this:

-Diaz's 1-2 Combo has been slowed down
-The Jab-Body Kick combo has been slowed down
-The Sway as a lead in to start a combo has been balanced out
-Sub Defense gates have been sped up to make it easier to escape subs
-Tony Ferguson's rolling knee-bar sub has added gates to make it less OP.

All great changes.

So the main Gameplay Dev for UFC 3 released a new video updating a few things based on Beta Feedback. Today he highlighted this:

-Diaz's 1-2 Combo has been slowed down
-The Jab-Body Kick combo has been slowed down
-The Sway as a lead in to start a combo has been balanced out
-Sub Defense gates have been sped up to make it easier to escape subs
-Tony Ferguson's rolling knee-bar sub has added gates to make it less OP.

All great changes.

Body kick is catchable after the jab too

So whats the deal with this game?

I have EA UFC 1 and EA UFC 2 and was probably going to pick this one up as well

But whats the deal with this microtransaction stuff? It is a big deal or just overblown?

I didnt get to play the beta..does it suck?

So whats the deal with this game?

I have EA UFC 1 and EA UFC 2 and was probably going to pick this one up as well

But whats the deal with this microtransaction stuff? It is a big deal or just overblown?

I didnt get to play the beta..does it suck?
Microtransacations are basically pay to win if you play ultimate team. I only play ranked online so I dont give a fuck since microtransacations are only used in UT.

When the beta came out I thought it was JUNK because the striking controls are completely different because theyve included striking while moving. After about 1 day of playing its the best game EA has come out with to date. Striking is sick and game is addicting. Ground game is identical, not even new animations. Overall its worth buying.

Game devs are tweaking game to beta feedback (I check the reddit sub forum and the devs post there).

Worth buying, ufc 2 will be obselete after this rolls out. No more perrys either, strictly head movement and blocking. Stand up is epic after you get used to it but youll hate it at first if you play UFC 2 alot.

Microtransacations are basically pay to win if you play ultimate team. I only play ranked online so I dont give a fuck since microtransacations are only used in UT.

When the beta came out I thought it was JUNK because the striking controls are completely different because theyve included striking while moving. After about 1 day of playing its the best game EA has come out with to date. Striking is sick and game is addicting. Ground game is identical, not even new animations. Overall its worth buying.

Game devs are tweaking game to beta feedback (I check the reddit sub forum and the devs post there).

Worth buying, ufc 2 will be obselete after this rolls out. No more perrys either, strictly head movement and blocking. Stand up is epic after you get used to it but youll hate it at first if you play UFC 2 alot.

Is fighter movement better?

Can you actually move that Dominick Cruz does?

That was one of my big issues with the last couple games

They only had about 5 LW fighters available for gameplay in the beta but of those 5 they all moved like that fighter. They really focused on individual fighter movement as well.. atleast for the most prominent fighters. Theyve also given every fighter a chance to win any fight with the way theyve revamped gameplay mechanics. So you wont just run into people playing McGregor, Jones and Lawler like UFC 2. Every fighter will be playable, and you can destroy people with head movement and counters. Automatic KO if you hit someone taunting too lol

Career mode looks like it finally has potential. I like that there's a few paths you can go at the beginning for once in the ea sports version.

It feels great so far IMO. Every fighter in the demo felt right. Alvarez didn't have quick feet but was dangerous inside (and you can actually fight inside or outside unlike past games). Diaz was rangy with sharp jabs and straights, but susceptible to leg kicks. Ferguson has a great chin and cardio which you have to take into account when fighting against him. Barboza could put you in trouble with just a few well timed leg kicks.

Feints, head movement, and footwork are vital to being good. If you try to brawl you will get countered and slept quickly by a good player. If you spam head kicks you will be open to big counters, and you will gas quickly. The striking has been revamped entirely and felt pretty amazing IMO. Want to use Pettis and throw a bunch of spinning shit? Fine, but there is risk/reward now. IF you can time it and land, it will hurt your opponent, but if you miss you are in a bad spot.

Cruz is one of the guys I am most excited to play with because of the head movement system. Ducking, slipping, and swaying all have their place and are key to defense, and you can jab while moving so it will finally be possible to emulate his style.

Automatic KO if you hit someone taunting too lol
Knockdown not KO necessarily, but yes this is still a great feature lol feels fantastic every time.

It's part of the vulnerability system. If you are mugging with your hands down, you're vulnerable to anything.

If you're telegraphing your movement and ducking too much, you're vulnerable to uppercuts. If you're bobbing and weaving too much, you could get timed with a headkick and knocked out in 1 shot. Everything has a counter and you can make someone pay big time if you can think ahead and time what they are going to do. I found feints and unpredictable attacks to be a huge key to success.

None of the beta fighters had signature sidesteps, Cruz does apparently.

I can't wait to play as some of the newer champions, in the last game, some of them were just terrible to play as. It is a shame that they don't upgrade their stats.

I normally don't ask for this in games but will there be like a guided tutorial mode that we know of?

The changes to the stand up during the BETA I felt like I just stumbled into how to side step and other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back