Khabib is the mma grappling savior.

Thanks, I was having a bad day and needed some humor.

Nate Diaz and Chad Mendes showed that Connor has nothing on the ground if you can get him there and keep him there. Khabib would 100% get him there and keep him there.

I actually thought Connor looked pretty good against both on the ground. Not sure what you were expecting.

Diaz he just got worn out and then broken down.

Obviously Khabib is all whole different league on the ground, but I don’t put much stock in the idea that Connor is hapless on the ground.

sorry butno where in ireland do they have wrestlers or grapplers good enough to prepare him for khabib lol the country only had 3 black belts back in 2013 i was there in 2012 and trust me the level of wrestling and grappling was veryyyyy low compared to what we have here

sorry butno where in ireland do they have wrestlers or grapplers good enough to prepare him for khabib lol the country only had 3 black belts back in 2013 i was there in 2012 and trust me the level of wrestling and grappling was veryyyyy low compared to what we have here
There is an eastern european wrestling coach at SBG Ireland.
As far as grappling, Conor has Dillion Danis to work with, he is "fine".

I say "fine" because no matters who he trains with, if Khabib grabs Conor the fight is over.

And I’m saying dude has a 65-70% of beating Conor, not a 90- 100% guarantee. If the fight goes past midway of the second round, it’s all Khabib. Conor’s reflexes and accuracy make him ridiculously dangerous the first three minutes and Khabib will come forward, which gives Conor a chance of rocking him and perhaps finishing him.

Anybody who reads my posts knows I’m not a Conor fan, it’s just my read of situation. I’d love for Khabib or Ferguson or Diaz to maul him.

Connor has a puncher's chance against Khabib, nothing more.

Which match do you think presents Conor with a greater challenge, Ferguson or Khabib?

Kabhib is going to do both of them the same thing, cucuy presents even a lesser danger to Khabib. Cucuy doesn’t even have the punchers chance, it takes someone who can avoid the ground vs him to beat him, not someone who’s willing to fight off his back. Conor at least has that left punch to save his ass. Neither present much problem for Khabib to be honest

Kabhib is going to do both of them the same thing, cucuy presents even a lesser danger to Khabib. Cucuy doesn’t even have the punchers chance, it takes someone who can avoid the ground vs him to beat him, not someone who’s willing to fight off his back. Conor at least has that left punch to save his ass. Neither present much problem for Khabib to be honest

There is a ruggedness to Khabib, a single-mindedness that is hard to stop. But I have a hard time seeing Conor fight in the UFC again, unless Dana gives in and gives part ownership in the company which most likely won’t happen.

Not to show my ignorance too much, but I'm not sure why he didn't attempt any subs.

Seemed like there were a few opportunities to lock up am arm or an arm triangle.

Maybe I'm assuming too much but it also seems like with the level of top control he has a sub would almost naturally manifest

I kinda get the feeling he prefers beating on people.

I say "fine" because no matters who he trains with, if Khabib grabs Conor the fight is over.

why the hell would he get dillion when he has gunner nelson already i find that strange tbh gunner already does his grappling for mma dillion was a pure grappler

Gunnar needs to look out for his own interests too, plus having more quality guys to train with raises the over-all level by pushing each other, even if you already have a guy who individually is better than them (which, incidentally, is in my opinion the real biggest thing that could improve USAWs medal chances [getting all the top guys from different clubs training together, before thinking anything about changing folkstyle into freestyle]).

Last edited:
Gunnar needs to look out for his own interests too, plus having more quality guys to train with raises the over-all level by pushing each other, even if you already have a guy who individually is better than them (which, incidentally, is in my opinion the real biggest thing that could improve USAWs medal chances, not trying to change folkstyle into freestyle).
I think from what I’ve heard Gunnar is only there for his camps and lives and trains full time wherever he lives

Which match do you think presents Conor with a greater challenge, Ferguson or Khabib?
Khabib
If Conor fought Ferguson it would be a stand up fight, Ferguson doesnt really shot for takedowns and his subs mainly come from the oponent shooting. Ferguson is kinda stand up guy i guess

I actually thought Connor looked pretty good against both on the ground. Not sure what you were expecting.

Diaz he just got worn out and then broken down.

Obviously Khabib is all whole different league on the ground, but I don’t put much stock in the idea that Connor is hapless on the ground.
Come on man. You're not actually supposed to watch the fights before you comment on them!

Come on man. You're not actually supposed to watch the fights before you comment on them!
He isn’t, people give him
Too much shit, but against an animal like Khabib, he ain’t got shit for him...

i seen khabib takedown rockhold in the gym i feel sorry for anyone at 155 who fights him

I don't know if you're from the British isles, but all of our wrestling coaches are Eastern European, just for geographical reasons. So I dunno how good or bad his coach actually is.

I agree with you though, Khabib's style is so different from other fighters and he excels in it so much that i really don't see it making a huge difference if it does go to the ground.

I don't know if you're from the British isles, but all of our wrestling coaches are Eastern European, just for geographical reasons. So I dunno how good or bad his coach actually is.

I agree with you though, Khabib's style is so different from other fighters and he excels in it so much that i really don't see it making a huge difference if it does go to the ground.
i was in ireland back in 2012 and i was at a gym where they told me they went to sbg to do the wrestling coaches takedown seminar there and the coach had a weird style and would just suplex guys randomly while demonstrating techniques and hurt a few people they said they left almost broken lol

i was in ireland back in 2012 and i was at a gym where they told me they went to sbg to do the wrestling coaches takedown seminar there and the coach had a weird style and would just suplex guys randomly while demonstrating techniques and hurt a few people they said they left almost broken lol

Sounds like a lovely chap

Back