WCW’s biggest f--- up

Official

OT Newcomer of the Year 2017 Nominee
@Green
Reaction score
Raven’s flock

They had a great group and a cool vibe. But then it got weird and Raven started not wrestling but they would show home movies of him being weird and shit. And didn’t Kidman or whatever his name was leave?

'kidman or whatever his name was'

not like he was one of the top babyfaces or anything

Far from number one, but I really think that they should have given Bam Bam Bigelow a world title run.

The beginning of the end was fucking with their core audience by taking Starrcade from Greensboro and basically fucking with their roots by trying to compete nationally with WWF without absolutely securing their core audience. The cancer started.

Sale to Turner was the beginning of expensive chemo.

NWO and the Turner cheque book was chemo for the stage three cancer in the organism.

Sting vs Hogan payoff was the start of stage four cancer.

Then Finger Poke of Doom. Dead.

By the time Russo turned up it was a brain dead corpse getting shocked into reactions. He didn’t kill it but he didn’t help it.

But worst things that happened in wrestling ever apart from moving Starrcade would be Arquette and Russo belts.

Hey, I’m starting to vape every day, soon we will be blood brothers.
I vape once a week at most. I’m not some addict heathen vaping every day.

P.s. ur vaping Roman greens right ?

If not <MaryseShutIt>

Yes. Yes you are
He’s had two of the greatest wrestling appearances of all time. Wining the title in wcw and when he was a slammy presenter. He hypes is show then says nevermind you suckers couldn’t afford to go anyways {<jordan}

I vape once a week at most. I’m not some addict heathen vaping every day.

P.s. ur vaping Roman greens right ?

If not <MaryseShutIt>

Black tar heroin, opium and angel dust. Some coke from time to time. Also bath salts.

Sting not going over cleanly and definitively to end the NWO and start the next era after Starcade 97 and it's not even close. Everything traces back to that.

I still think it’s turner giving a blank checkbook to a guy who didn’t know how to run a wrestling company and lets the talent have unchecked “creative control”. I think it all leads back to that actually

I still think it’s turner giving a blank checkbook to a guy who didn’t know how to run a wrestling company and lets the talent have unchecked “creative control”. I think it all leads back to that actually

Nope, it was the expansion that killed it. The rest is the slow death with moments of optimism.

a laundry list of problems already mentioned in here, mostly outrageous spending, sloppy production, and backstage politics

Nope, it was the expansion that killed it. The rest is the slow death with moments of optimism.
Dude, they were beating Vince in the ratings for two years. If that was chemo, then what was WWF st the time? Necrophilia?

In the grander scheme of things, this is likely the best answer. When WWF was going through hard times, the solution was build new stars, edgier content, and top talent putting on great matches. When WCW hit hard times, the answer was throw money at the problem, with no real rhyme or reason behind the creative, other than to placate the egos of a handful of talent.

If I was to point a specific event, it would be Sting/Hogan at Starrcade.

Back