Playerunknowns Battlegrounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my second win on live. Not satisfying. My one kill was top 5, it was a nice head shot with the M16. When it was top two the guys ended up having this very loud gun fight, I'm running to them, and they both die before I showed up :/ I spent the entire map looking for a freaking rifle and only found the M16 in the top 15.

Sometimes better to be lucky than good.

Asia makes up 85% of PUBG's player base. With China itself at the very least 60% and South Korea nearing 20%. His estimate of 65% is actually a lowballed figure. Overwatch had a massive cheating problem after release in the Asia region. They made news early by banning 5K'sh users. PUBG is banning triple that amount per day.

Today at 7am Central time PUBG broke 3 million online users, thats 8pm in China. Have a hard time believing the entire Americas player count contributed to more than 2.5% of those 3 million users.
China currently makes up about 50-60% of the current players depending on who is counting, but Korea only 5-6%. It's just a much smaller country. The US has about twice that in current players.

By population size, it's insanely popular in South Korea - more than twice as popular than in China and about 3x as popular as the United States.

Yeah, 3 million mark is crazy. But how does it compare to other games where such stats aren't readily available? Like LOL? I'm guessing LOL's record has to be around 10 million.
7.5 million, so pretty close to your guess. (Riot publishes their stats).

Got my second win on live. Not satisfying. My one kill was top 5, it was a nice head shot with the M16. When it was top two the guys ended up having this very loud gun fight, I'm running to them, and they both die before I showed up :/ I spent the entire map looking for a freaking rifle and only found the M16 in the top 15.

Do you find Erangel a lot faster than Miramar? I do, but I'm still not sure whether it's just because I've played Erangel enough to have a few choice spots and strategies worked out, whereas I still feel like I'm just learning Miramar. I've been playing a lot less, although I don't think that's due to any changes in the game, and probably mostly because I'm busier.

20171231025702_1.jpg

Attachments

• SDR1290.jpg
    SDR1290.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 19
  • VictorHarbour.jpg
    VictorHarbour.jpg
    446.5 KB · Views: 19
  • Thailand.jpg
    Thailand.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 20
  • GorgeRd.jpg
    GorgeRd.jpg
    373.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Hills.jpg
    Hills.jpg
    346.8 KB · Views: 18
  • Winter.jpg
    Winter.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 18
so i am so good at running and hiding that i constantly make it to the top 10 and never learned to actually shoot or engage in combat.

recently i started going into games with the sole purpose of getting into firefights and although i lost a bunch of games, I actually have gotten pretty good at combat.

I wish there was some sort of training map or something for this game because you dont get very much time to practice shooting when you die in 1 shot

Do you find Erangel a lot faster than Miramar? I do, but I'm still not sure whether it's just because I've played Erangel enough to have a few choice spots and strategies worked out, whereas I still feel like I'm just learning Miramar. I've been playing a lot less, although I don't think that's due to any changes in the game, and probably mostly because I'm busier.

It does feel slower. There is just so much open space to traverse, a lot of it vertical as well. Time consuming if you cant find a vehicle or get good circles. And then the areas with buildings have an overload. So many angles and windows. Gotta take your time moving around. It's a fun map, but I don't know it very well yet. Never sure where to parachute into as well.

Had a 9 kill chicken dinner in squads last night, probably one of the best rounds I've ever had.

Really enjoying 1.0, the new map is different enough to be interesting, vaulting is cool and seems to work great and the Winchester is an absolute fucking beast! maybe my new favourite gun.

The only negative I'd say about the new map is that there's no "school". There's no spot to drop where it's going to be guaranteed carnage the instant you land.

I only play pug squad games on EU servers and I'd say probably 2/3's of my games I'm grouped with Chinese people. Learning Ctrl+T mutes your team has come in incredibly handy.

Had a 9 kill chicken dinner in squads last night, probably one of the best rounds I've ever had.

Really enjoying 1.0, the new map is different enough to be interesting, vaulting is cool and seems to work great and the Winchester is an absolute fucking beast! maybe my new favourite gun.

The only negative I'd say about the new map is that there's no "school". There's no spot to drop where it's going to be guaranteed carnage the instant you land.
Hacienda and Pecado. I've not had any 20+ drop craziness like school, but even school seems less crazy these days - I had two (nearly- one had a guy come in after a few minutes) uncontested drops there recently with minimal rocking.

the hacking is out of control. almost every game i get killed by someone with aimbot. so obvious now with the death cam feature.

I guess that’s not too far out of whack considering around 65% (maybe a little less) of the players are probably from there too.

i think its about 75% maybe even 80 %

There's a few places I know of... I'm sure there's more.

Off the top of my head.

Pecado - There's a stadium with a shoddy roof. Land on the roof or the access stairs and head in
Hacienda - Looks like a Drug Lord mansion, next to San Martin

I know there's more, but if you make it out these places, you're pretty set up right out of the gate.

There's a few places I know of... I'm sure there's more.

Off the top of my head.

Pecado - There's a stadium with a shoddy roof. Land on the roof or the access stairs and head in
Hacienda - Looks like a Drug Lord mansion, next to San Martin

I know there's more, but if you make it out these places, you're pretty set up right out of the gate.
Worth noting that if you're simply looking for loot, El Pozo has the same structure as Pecado and is usually far less contested.

Cracked the top 500 in oceanic today on pc but can’t upload the photo from my phone because it’s to big?

When I look at the leaderboards it says that I'm in the top 2%, I know for a fact that's bs because I'm average at best. Is there a bunch of inactive accounts that skew the numbers or something?

When I look at the leaderboards it says that I'm in the top 2%, I know for a fact that's bs because I'm average at best. Is there a bunch of inactive accounts that skew the numbers or something?
Yes. Also, lots of active accounts play for kills rather than high finishes.

Average account has three hours of playtime. And of those who are active, a lot just play for kills, so they drop school, get 0-5 kills, and die in the bottom 50 as often as not. If you're playing for a high finish, you'll rank up better than them.

And consider stream-snipers: they play a ton, but suicide rushing shroud for 20 games is going to ruin your kdr AND your survival time.

I have a similar rank. I think my best game had 5 or 6 kills, and only had a positive kdr recently, but I have a ~25% survival rate to top 10.

Last edited:

If you got a 9 kill win, you're definitely not average. I'm sure there's some ace players here who get that regularly, but the average player is probably 0-3 kills per round.

Worth noting that if you're simply looking for loot, El Pozo has the same structure as Pecado and is usually far less contested.

Gracias, I'll check it out.

If you got a 9 kill win, you're definitely not average. I'm sure there's some ace players here who get that regularly, but the average player is probably 0-3 kills per round.

Gracias, I'll check it out.
lol that 9 kill game was mostly fluke it's not a regular occurrence, usually I'm the guy that forgets to put his UMP on auto and shoots the bad guys once before getting rekt.

the mexican map is really fucking hard if you dont have a scope or a rifle of some sort

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back