Did McGregor land a single clean shot on Floyd?

Chain Saw

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It seems most were glancing blows.

Even that uppercut, before Conor landed Floyd punched him in the shoulder which took most of the power out of it.

Please post some gifs of Conor landing some clean, flush punches on Floyd because I can't seem to remember any.

Certainly strange as to how a man can land over a hundred punches and still have so few actual highlights, isn't it?

Jnrg-LqLywIczECof54O8pt-FcOvtG1z4GtoWytxGec.gif

Lulz

GM_20170919_215755.gif

Conor also rocked Floyd to the body too. Do body shots not count as strikes anymore?

7c89a98da674e809daf9ed50e5a11029.gif

On the belt line. Purely legal. Clearly rocks Floyd to the lower gut. Corrupt ref steps in and saves Floyd.

Here's a fun fact for the MMA fans hating on Conor's ultra competitive performance against Floyd who know nothing about boxing. Body shots are scored highly in boxing.

AlertJubilantBarracuda-size_restricted.gif

*insert all the straight lefts to the body Conor landed too

IndelibleAmbitiousFish-size_restricted.gif

Slow down this gif and you can see that Conor landed another beautiful clean slip uppercut right hook combo counter off another one of Floyd's right leads

2eogw0n.gif

^that was just incredible by Conor

MMA fans who know nothing about boxing are downplaying just how competitive Conor was with Floyd

DJb81zfUMAEHYNP

Which is breath taking considering Conor was 0-0 up against 49-0

2vhvjer.gif

IF anything THE REAL question is, did Floyd the 49-0 ever actually manage to land consistently clean against the 0-0 Conor until round 9 (aside from a couple right leads in round 6 and 7)

The cold hard truth that makes sherdog uncomfortable and angry is that Conor (0-0) was winning the fight heading into the 9th round, and was well on his way to actually winning the decision over 49-0 Floyd

Certainly strange as to how a man can land over a hundred punches and still have so few actual highlights, isn't it?

Jnrg-LqLywIczECof54O8pt-FcOvtG1z4GtoWytxGec.gif
You haven't been looking then because even though Conor lost, theres lots of highlights that are dominated by Conor's moments

Funny how you can say what you did when the majority of Floyd's highlights are from rounds 9 and 10

Take away rounds 9 and 10 and that fight looks like Conor was out classing Floyd.

What does it say about Floyd when you can only make full highlights of his round 9 and round 10

Floyd got the finish fair and square and won, but let's stop pretending that Conor wasn't competitive or didnt have any moments

You haven't been looking then because even though Conor lost, theres lots of highlights that are dominated by Conor's moments

Funny how you can say what you did when the majority of Floyd's highlights are from rounds 9 and 10

Take away rounds 9 and 10 and that fight looks like Conor was out classing Floyd.

What does it say about Floyd when you can only make full highlights of his round 9 and round 10

Floyd got the finish fair and square and won, but let's stop pretending that Conor wasn't competitive or didnt have any moments

You're Conor's biggest bumsniff on the board and even you can only find two instances of Conor actually scoring with something that isn't illegal or meaningless tippy taps.

Unfortunately for Conor, we all got to see the Mayweather sparring session in its entirety, as opposed to the carefully selected snippets he generally prefers to release.

He landed some pretty clean illegal hammerfists. Not much else.

You're Conor's biggest bumsniff on the board and even you can only find two instances of Conor actually scoring with something that isn't illegal or meaningless tippy taps.

Unfortunately for Conor, we all got to see the Mayweather sparring session in its entirety, as opposed to the carefully selected snippets he generally prefers to release.
"Only 2 instances"

So you're delusional and purposely ignoring everything else then lol

You want me to start posting more gifs In this thread?

"Bu bu Conor only had 2 examples"

All though already false, still tell me how many examples Floyd had from rounds 1 through 5 by comparison?

Exactly.

How come Floyd the 49-0 boxer couldn't even consistently hit Conor clean until round 9?

What Conor did was incredible but you haters will always refuse to give Conor any credit no matter what

"Only 2 instances"

So you're delusional and purposely ignoring everything else then lol

You want me to start posting more gifs In this thread?

"Bu bu Conor only had 2 examples"

All though already false, still tell me how many examples Floyd had from rounds 1 through 5 by comparison?

Exactly.

How come Floyd the 49-0 boxer couldn't even consistently hit Conor clean until round 9?

What Conor did was incredible but you haters will always refuse to give Conor any credit no matter what

What Conor did was fail to last the distance against a notoriously brittle handed, safety first point fighter at a twenty pound weight disadvantage. Landing a handful of shots against a guy labouring in first gear, deliberately fighting down to your level, over the course of nearly thirty minutes in a glorified sparring session is pitiful for Bruce Lee reincarnated. I'm a fan and even I can acknowledge this.

In the end Floyd basically was afraid to exchange with Conor.
Yup thats right, afraid of the power and getting embarrassed by an mma fighter.
So he basically just played defense and took no chances at all by not doing anything and waiting for Conor to tire which was inevitable.
Smart game plan by Floyd but it makes you wonder how different the fight might have been if Floyd actually fought like a confident 49-0 boxing legend instead of a scared little girl.

Floyd took the most pus*y path possible. Robbed us of what could have been a more exciting fight too.

In the end Floyd basically was afraid to exchange with Conor.
Yup thats right, afraid of the power and getting embarrassed by an mma fighter.
So he basically just played defense and took no chances at all by not doing anything and waiting for Conor to tire which was inevitable.
Smart game plan by Floyd but it makes you wonder how different the fight might have been if Floyd actually fought like a confident 49-0 boxing legend instead of a scared little girl.

Floyd took the most pus*y path possible. Robbed us of what could have been a more exciting fight too.

So are you really thinking that fighters should fight exiting fights and not trying to win and not trying in the style which quarantees the victory to them?

If you are new to Boxing and NHB fighting, let me tell you that fighters usually and their job is to try to win the fight. And that is what Floyd was doing.

I hope you can rewatch Don Frye vs. Yoshihiro Takayama. There is some trading punches that you probably like, since fighters who evade, dodge, defense punches are considered pus*ies by you.

Conor landed a few clean shots, such as that uppercut. However they had no heat on them. They were all pissy little betacuck arm punches.

Conor's so called death touch power is an illusion perpetuated in MMA because he has fought chinless MMA opponents who bum rush in with their body weight and momentum, literally running into his fist. Conor has excellent timing and accuracy (for an MMA fighter) so bum rushing, chinless opponents running into his fist results in KOs.

Doesn't work when he gets inside the ring against opponents who can a) hit properly, and b) take hits properly, and c) have far superior skills in the striking arts so they don't bum rush into his fist.

So are you really thinking that fighters should fight exiting fights and not trying to win and not trying in the style which quarantees the victory to them?

If you are new to Boxing and NHB fighting, let me tell you that fighters usually and their job is to try to win the fight. And that is what Floyd was doing.

I hope you can rewatch Don Frye vs. Yoshihiro Takayama. There is some trading punches that you probably like, since fighters who evade, dodge, defense punches are considered pus*ies by you.

Yeah ok. Nice strawman.
I said it was a smart game plan.
But let's be real his plan was to avoid fighting till Conor got tired.
He wins that fight 10/10 but lets not pretend it's not boring as hell and yes it's a little bit pus*y.

Sorry if you're a Floyd fan and you feel the need to protect him but it's a common opinion of his fighting style.

Conor landed a few clean shots, such as that uppercut. However they had no heat on them. They were all pissy little betacuck arm punches.

Conor's so called death touch power is an illusion perpetuated in MMA because he has fought chinless MMA opponents who bum rush in with their body weight and momentum, literally running into his fist. Conor has excellent timing and accuracy (for an MMA fighter) so bum rushing, chinless opponents running into his fist results in KOs.

Doesn't work when he gets inside the ring against opponents who can a) hit properly, and b) take hits properly, and c) have far superior skills in the striking arts so they don't bum rush into his fist.

No
None of this is true.
<{cruzshake}>
Conor couldn't put any heat on anything he threw because Floyd is one of the most successful evasive boxers to ever step in the ring and Conor isn't even a pro boxer.

So Conor was trying to throw little half punches in order to land quicker.
It was obvious Conor was frustrated that he couldn't get his hands on Floyd.
Has still one if the hardest hitters in his weight class and one above.

Yeah ok. Nice strawman.
I said it was a smart game plan.
But let's be real his plan was to avoid fighting till Conor got tired.
He wins that fight 10/10 but lets not pretend it's not boring as hell and yes it's a little bit pus*y.

Sorry if you're a Floyd fan and you feel the need to protect him but it's a common opinion of his fighting style.

Well would you have preferred Floyd avoiding punches 12 rounds? What else Floyd could have actually done to make this fight more exiting than he already did.

Well would you have preferred Floyd avoiding punches 12 rounds? What else Floyd could have actually done to make this fight more exiting than he already did.

I understand winning is winning.
I just would have liked to see some more exchanges early in the fight.

"Only 2 instances"

Floyd said Conor could make a career in Boxing. I think that is great credit that TBE says something like that. Floyd said good things about Conor's boxing.

No
None of this is true.
<{cruzshake}>
Conor couldn't put any heat on anything he threw because Floyd is one of the most successful evasive boxers to ever step in the ring and Conor isn't even a pro boxer.

So Conor was trying to throw little half punches in order to land quicker.
It was obvious Conor was frustrated that he couldn't get his hands on Floyd.
Has still one if the hardest hitters in his weight class and one above.

What I said is all true homie. Floyd sure is one of the most successful defensive boxers of all time, but on that night, in that ring, Floyd was anything but defensive. Floyd fought like a Mexican as even a half brain damaged Conor could recognise. Floyd just walked pit patty punching Conor down. Floyd could walk him down because Conor had no heat in his punches.

What ever happened to "I don't care if he's wearing 4, 6, 8 or 12 oz gloves. My punches are like bricks coming at him and will break his guard."??

Conor's punches couldn't break down diahorrea after a bad curry.

IF anything THE REAL question is, did Floyd the 49-0 ever actually manage to land consistently clean against the 0-0 Conor until round 9 (aside from a couple right leads in round 6 and 7)

Change that to Floyd the 40 year old, 25lbs lighter, 2 year retired fighter who also happened to be 49 - 0. And its simple. I'm sure you've heard it on here before. He carried Conor. I don't think he cared how well Conor was doing. It was his plan to let Conor tire himself out so he could finish him. Floyd could of been his usual self and moved a lot more and conor would of landed a lot less but there would of been less of a chance Floyd would of got the stoppage and instead of you here now trying hard to give Conor props for this fight you most likely would of made fun out of Floyd for not finishing an 0-0 boxer and "running" whilst people like me would of countered that by trying to explain how much smaller Floyd is naturally and how having brittle hands over the years doesn't help hence why he hasn't stopped anyone in a long time.

The fights over now anyway and not sure why this subforum is still up. Just decided to pop in and surprised there are still people like you who are obviously not over this fight yet. Unless you're trolling.

Back