What's Your Next Purchase? V5

Just pay for it once . . . and then update it as needed.

I bought one from my dealer the first time I got a suppressor and then just used it when I bought my next one.

Thought about going to an actual lawyer but I also don't want to pay $4-500 for a trust.

Sounds like thousands have used silencer shops trust without issue.

Thought about going to an actual lawyer but I also don't want to pay $4-500 for a trust.

Sounds like thousands have used silencer shops trust without issue.

I used an MS word template without issue the second time . . . seriously, I don't mind getting you a copy of the template. It isn't anything super official.

You can get 'er done for half that. I used Quicken Willmaker for mine. Not sure if the trust portion is still part of the software. But here you go.

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/making-living-trust-yourself-29736.html

I've read about that but I like that silencer shops was actually written by a lawyer specialized in gun trusts. I've read a couple stories online about people making their own and having issues.

Another benefit I've read is that the atf basically has memorized the silencer shop trust, so there is less scrutiny on the trust itself(supposedly speeding up the processa bit).

You're right. He could just copy one of ours. These aren't complicated documents.

Have you added/removed beneficiaries to it?

I've read about that but I like that silencer shops was actually written by a lawyer specialized in gun trusts. I've read a couple stories online about people making their own and having issues.

Another benefit I've read is that the atf basically has memorized the silencer shop trust, so there is less scrutiny on the trust itself(supposedly speeding up the processa bit).

Have you added/removed beneficiaries to it?

Suit yourself. Mine passed muster on three different occasions (two full-autos and two suppressors).

I think I changed it up when I had to store the shit with my sister. Making her executor as I recall. As the grantor I believe that allowed her and I access to the trust's property. Maybe she was co-executor. It's been awhile so details are fuzzy. That's where it's good to have access to the trust on computer file that's easily changed vs. just a printed out copy.

Second time?

I've bought two suppressors. I paid for the trust when I bought the first one and then used the same trust the second time. Nothing needs to be officially updated for the ATF or anything the second time. The schedule A is just for your own records.

And for the record . . . I got my first suppressor back in under 4 months using this trust. The second one took so long simply because of the huge influx of submissions prior to 41F.

Don't let anyone tell you that it has to be completed by a lawyer to be valid. As long as the trust is notarized you're good.

Don't let anyone tell you that it has to be completed by a lawyer to be valid. As long as the trust is notarized you're good.

Yeah even the silencer shop site says that. Idk I'll probably just spend the $130. I just don't want to run into any issues while filing or down the road.

I've bought two suppressors. I paid for the trust when I bought the first one and then used the same trust the second time. Nothing needs to be officially updated for the ATF or anything the second time. The schedule A is just for your own records.

Oh ok I read it as you made another trust for a second time.

You paid a shop for it?

Looking forward to throwing that red dot on my m&p today.

I've held a p226rx but other than that I have no experience with them

Oh ok I read it as you made another trust for a second time.

You paid a shop for it?

Yes. The SOT dealer I bought my first suppressor from sold me the trust document the first time around . . .

Yeah even the silencer shop site says that. Idk I'll probably just spend the $130. I just don't want to run into any issues while filing or down the road.

I wouldn't think things would've changed so much since I bought my last one where you would run into issues . . .

I bought all my stuff before the Trust changes. Not willing to do all the bullshit now.

Back