Playerunknowns Battlegrounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I look at the leaderboards it says that I'm in the top 2%, I know for a fact that's bs because I'm average at best. Is there a bunch of inactive accounts that skew the numbers or something?

It takes into account, kills, ranking when you die, length of minutes you survive, win rate, kill ratio and all sorts of things. That being said I could be in the top 150 in Oceanic for all I know, because there are a lot of hackers out there again....

I think I might pick this up for pc soon, does it live up to the hype?

So I really like it.

Here are the issues as I see them:

First, it's not a AAA title. It's not polished and that sometimes shows with issues like lag, slow netcode, and bugged assets. Of course, lots of AAA titles have those problems on release, but they usually get criticized for it. I play a lot of indie games, so the lack of polish does not bother me much. If you're used to higher-end stuff, you might be disappointed. The graphics aren't great and there are plenty of bugs.

Second, there's a serious regional issue. Lots of players sometimes play outside of their region, and nearly two-thirds of the playerbase is asian (10% NA, but also plenty of EU and SA). So during certain hours other regions can get flooded by laggy chinese players which can fuck up the experience. This needs to be better addressed.

Third, cheating. This is really not limited to Pubg, but with 100 players/match, you're much more likely to have a hacker as an enemy than in CSGO, which has 10 players/match, half of which are on your side. Personally, I think lots of players overestimate the hacker/cheater issue, but it undeniably does exist. I'm not convinced that this can be easily addressed - some people think it can be via a region lock that would fix problem two, but that can be circumvented with a VPN - which a hacker is more likely to use - and I've encountered multiple domestic cheaters too.

Fourth, community is toxic as shit. Don't random queue for squads unless you want half your parties to be filled with people who: (1) only speak in chinese swears, (2) are fluent in english and use it to say literally nothing except for the n-bomb; or (3) don't have a mic but do shoot you for a sniper suppressor.

Welcome to Hackerunknown Battlegrounds, in front of you are hackers with aimbots, triple life and occasionally bullets that will seek you out, behind you are Chinese players yelling "CHINA NUMBA 1!!!" besides you are people calling you a gook fuck cause you killed them and their regional racism isn't great (as Chinese people traditionally aren't gooks) and occasionally you'll come across a 7 year old who'll ask for help and you'll just shoot him for a laugh.

The games buggy and clunky. But I've got 60 hours in and still want to keep playing so for me it was worth 30 bucks.

I haven't noticed too many issues with cheaters myself.

I had a second place finish last night, my best yet. I was in a corner of a barn and couldn't decide whether to push or let the circle close and hope for good RNG and the motherfucker tossed a grenade in and blew me up :( Still no chicken dinner.

Picking up a few kills per round now though which is a lot better than a while ago when I'd go the whole night without getting a kill.

I think my best round so far kill-wise was 5 or 6?

@Madmick Yo, I got a an Asus Zenbook with a GTX 960M with 4gb and 24 GB general ram - can I run this? I don’t care about resolution and detail unless it affects play.

@Madmick Yo, I got a an Asus Zenbook with a GTX 960M with 4gb and 24 GB general ram - can I run this? I don’t care about resolution and detail unless it affects play.
Probably not.

The GTX 960M falls about 30%-40% below the horsepower of the minimum recommended GPUs (GTX 660 & Radeon HD 7850).

But Steam has the 1-hour refund window should you desire to simply test it out.

Finally gave Solo a try and came out with two chicken dinners out of ten matches. In one of the wins, I was constantly chasing the circle and encountering enemies. I finished with 6 kills that game. In the other win, I got lucky with the circle and camped in a house for the majority of the match. The only kill I got that game was the final person lol. Hell, I didn't even fire a round until it was down to him and I.

Is anyone playing this on Xbone? How is it?

It runs pretty smooth on the One X. However, some of my friends play on the launch and S models and they constantly have pop-in issues and get stuck inside walls/tables/doors. Or you could be lucky and walk through walls, like in the video below, before the structures render properly. My friends also frequently lag out of games more than I do.

this ever coming out on ps4?

It's going to be a while. Sony doesn't allow preview games and the developers stated they want to finish the game for PC and Xbox One before bringing it to the PS4.

I was hesitant to purchase it, but Ive fallen in love. For a game with no leveling system, no classes, very limited customization options, only one map (on console), and a clunky control scheme...its very addictive. I cant remember the last time Ive played a game that gets my adrenaline pumping as much as PUBG. Getting a chicken dinner is pure euphoria, but the game will also punish you for even the slightest mistake or wrong tactic.

I picked up the game for pc.. play style reminds me of resident evil games. I do fine at surviving but I get hilariously outgunned almost every time I die. I loot like 20 pistols and a few shotguns and get raped by a fucking m16 or AWM or some shit. I think I’ve looted one assault rifle so far lol.

I picked up the game for pc.. play style reminds me of resident evil games. I do fine at surviving but I get hilariously outgunned almost every time I die. I loot like 20 pistols and a few shotguns and get raped by a fucking m16 or AWM or some shit. I think I’ve looted one assault rifle so far lol.
lets play my doge

I still suck at this game. I have I believed been killed by 3 hackers since December 31st. I never had much of a problem until the actual 1.0 release. The videos have been saved on the hackers but I don't think I can upload them on here without joining a file share site. For some reason Xbox DVR wont let me log in on the website to upload them through that.

Last edited:
I still suck at this game. I have I believed been killed by 3 snipers since December 31st. I never had much of a problem until the actual 1.0 release. The videos have been saved on the hackers but I don't think I can upload them on here without joining a file share site. For some reason Xbox DVR wont let me log in on the website to upload them through that.
youtube?

I still suck at this game. I have I believed been killed by 3 snipers since December 31st. I never had much of a problem until the actual 1.0 release. The videos have been saved on the hackers but I don't think I can upload them on here without joining a file share site. For some reason Xbox DVR wont let me log in on the website to upload them through that.

Upload Studio -> share to One Drive -> save to hard drive -> upload to YouTube

I am on the receiving end of all of these of course. The crossbow kill was with less than 5 people to go.

Cheaters have been a big enough issue since 1.0 that I don't want to play anymore. 1 of every 3-4 games will be ruined by them.

Most blatant one I have had recently was a guy sniping with a Kar98 at me from a few hundred metres away.

I took cover behind a sand dune and he started shooting at the dune, hitting it dead in line with me. He did it 5 times so I moved to the other side of the dune and again he starts shooting it dead in line with me. I'm entirely out of his line of site this whole time.

My duo partner then comes over the hill and gets headshot by Kar98 while wildly zigzagging. Nonsense.

Lol this thread is so toxic, mature up guys.

So... how many of you got a recorded kill of shroud?

Ya that's right I'm King Dick round hurr.

Proof?

Last edited by a moderator:
My solo KD was 4.5 before new years, now it's around 1.7. something for real has changed since 1.0 release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back