Destiny 2, v2: Now grinding for Bright Engrams

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see all of these videos of people tearing it up with the Last Hope. Went into the Crucible determined to make it work with a Vigilence Wing/Last Hope combo. Beast in theory, but I stunk the fucking place up. In my defense, I may have just had a few too many cocktails. Maybe I'll try the Last Dance.

I really don't like getting up close in the crucible anymore, so I absolutely hate sidearms. I usually just keep my distance with better devils and positive outlook/uriel's gift.

I really don't like getting up close in the crucible anymore, so I absolutely hate sidearms. I usually just keep my distance with better devils and positive outlook/uriel's gift.

I am just trying new guns these days to try to keep it fresh. LOL, I'll probably be back to the PO in a day or two at this rate. If there was an energy equivalent to the Antiope, I'd be on it. Might try the Mini Tool.

I am just trying new guns these days to try to keep it fresh. LOL, I'll probably be back to the PO in a day or two at this rate. If there was an energy equivalent to the Antiope, I'd be on it. Might try the Mini Tool.
with the range auto rifles have why use anything else? On smaller maps I see ppl running a masterwork antiope with either boosted range or handling and I hate that thing its range is already fairly high now ppl are using it like an auto rifle.

with the range auto rifles have why use anything else? On smaller maps I see ppl running a masterwork antiope with either boosted range or handling and I hate that thing its range is already fairly high now ppl are using it like an auto rifle.

Been running almost exclusively auto with a bit of scout for a bit, just trying new stuff for fun.

got antiope D. guess i have a new gun in my kinetic slot.

I guess winning could make it fun but I honestly don't remember the last time I've won more then 3 games in a roll.

I get clowned all the time, but win more than lose and have a positive k/d. That’s good enough for me. Lol

I get clowned all the time, but win more than lose and have a positive k/d. That’s good enough for me. Lol
I got a positive K/D but lose more then I win. If it would stay clash I'd win more then I lose but trying to play with new players every match that plays the objective is a fucking pain. Like the last game we won it but the top guy on our team refused to capture any zones and we damn near lost it in the last minute that's very annoying. Then getting out gunned at what should be scout rifle range by origin story, positive outlook, and uriel's gift pisses me off but not like getting killed by antiope-d or some other smg at range. This whole auto rifle/smg meta just really isn't that fun when trying to use anything else.

I got a positive K/D but lose more then I win. If it would stay clash I'd win more then I lose but trying to play with new players every match that plays the objective is a fucking pain. Like the last game we won it but the top guy on our team refused to capture any zones and we damn near lost it in the last minute that's very annoying. Then getting out gunned at what should be scout rifle range by origin story, positive outlook, and uriel's gift pisses me off but not like getting killed by antiope-d or some other smg at range. This whole auto rifle/smg meta just really isn't that fun when trying to use anything else.

This pisses me off more than anything... kind of reminds me how in D1 year 1 hand cannons were effectively high impact scout rifles. I played some Mayhem over the last few days and I'm cross-mapping people with Uriel's and it's absurd how well that weapon handles at long ranges.

This pisses me off more than anything... kind of reminds me how in D1 year 1 hand cannons were effectively high impact scout rifles. I played some Mayhem over the last few days and I'm cross-mapping people with Uriel's and it's absurd how well that weapon handles at long ranges.
the bad thing is they was suppose to "nerf" it by making the flinch less from high caliber rounds but it hasn't done shit to it. When they finally decided to nerf hand cannons in D1 they added bloom, ghost bullets, max range cut, dmg falloff, and whatever else they could. All they did with this patch was make other auto rifles as good as uriel's while fucking up scout rifles at range and maybe nerfing the last hope a bit. They took away random rolls so they could "keep metas in check" and they haven't done shit but make the current meta stronger by nerfing scout rifles aim assist which just seems like they added bloom to them.

The ignoring the objective is annoying for sure. I definitely prefer clash and supremacy because of that.

The auto rifle range is completely ridiculous. Personally, I never played crucible on D1, and actually only logged like 6 hours on PVE. I borrowed the game from a bud right before 2 came out. So, I have nothing to compare it to. I guess I am lucky, because the people that loved D1 are disappointed with D2.

the bad thing is they was suppose to "nerf" it by making the flinch less from high caliber rounds but it hasn't done shit to it. When they finally decided to nerf hand cannons in D1 they added bloom, ghost bullets, max range cut, dmg falloff, and whatever else they could. All they did with this patch was make other auto rifles as good as uriel's while fucking up scout rifles at range and maybe nerfing the last hope a bit. They took away random rolls so they could "keep metas in check" and they haven't done shit but make the current meta stronger by nerfing scout rifles aim assist which just seems like they added bloom to them.

This is one of the most frustrating things about D2 : "New platform, better developers tools, better weapon balance, etc" but they just aren't doing many updates which are worth a damn. I think we've had a single balancing pass so far and that's pretty shocking considering how autos have basically made both scouts and pulses obsolete. And like you said they took away random rolls to make it easier to balance and it's still pretty askew in certain areas. I'm at the point where I'm not certain this game can be saved at this point.... I'll play it here and there for a bit, but I'm not anywhere near as interested as I was in D1. My clan fell apart since CoO launched and now I'm down to like 5 members I think... my raid team is almost entirely gone and playing Fortnite or PUBG.

Unless they revert MOST of the changes they made from D1 to D2 I think this game will dwindle out and continue to die. We need our Secondary slot back and I am bored to tears with using the same couple of weapons because there just isn't much variety. I'm a scout rifle guy and still Nameless Midnight is the only scout worth using... though I hear the new Trials scout is amazing, but I'm dogshit at PvP and as I said my clan is dead, so I doubt I'll be getting my hands on it. I fucking miss my fusion rifle... god damn do I miss Plan C. I hate this new "double primary" system and it needs to die.

The ignoring the objective is annoying for sure. I definitely prefer clash and supremacy because of that.

The auto rifle range is completely ridiculous. Personally, I never played crucible on D1, and actually only logged like 6 hours on PVE. I borrowed the game from a bud right before 2 came out. So, I have nothing to compare it to. I guess I am lucky, because the people that loved D1 are disappointed with D2.
yeah you're better off not playing D1 in that aspect of it. There ppl who never played D1 and love D2 and most ppl who played the first one and feel fucked over. They could have taken yr3 Destiny and just put in the story from the second game along with the planets maps other stuff but left the base guns, armour, skills, classes, pve, and pvp the same and most D1 players would've been happy.

This is one of the most frustrating things about D2 : "New platform, better developers tools, better weapon balance, etc" but they just aren't doing many updates which are worth a damn. I think we've had a single balancing pass so far and that's pretty shocking considering how autos have basically made both scouts and pulses obsolete. And like you said they took away random rolls to make it easier to balance and it's still pretty askew in certain areas. I'm at the point where I'm not certain this game can be saved at this point.... I'll play it here and there for a bit, but I'm not anywhere near as interested as I was in D1. My clan fell apart since CoO launched and now I'm down to like 5 members I think... my raid team is almost entirely gone and playing Fortnite or PUBG.

Unless they revert MOST of the changes they made from D1 to D2 I think this game will dwindle out and continue to die. We need our Secondary slot back and I am bored to tears with using the same couple of weapons because there just isn't much variety. I'm a scout rifle guy and still Nameless Midnight is the only scout worth using... though I hear the new Trials scout is amazing, but I'm dogshit at PvP and as I said my clan is dead, so I doubt I'll be getting my hands on it. I fucking miss my fusion rifle... god damn do I miss Plan C. I hate this new "double primary" system and it needs to die.
The nameless midnight is the only scout rifle I use in pvp and pve I'd like to try that new trials one but it looks like more pvp based. The 200rpm don't do to well in pve for me it being kinetic and having explosive payload could help but I don't care for the manannan in pve so don't know about that one over the nameless midnight. I was hoping this stuff they added would help but I don't think it will there's just noone putting in the hours like in d1 I've been in 3 or 4 clans and noone plays.

How fucking retarded are the fucks at bungie?

Isn't this why D2 ended up getting bumped and we got Rise of Iron instead? I remember hearing a long time ago about how Luke Smith had taken over development of D2 and that's about the same time we started hearing about a new DLC for D1.

Isn't this why D2 ended up getting bumped and we got Rise of Iron instead? I remember hearing a long time ago about how Luke Smith had taken over development of D2 and that's about the same time we started hearing about a new DLC for D1.
I remember hearing about Luke Smith taking over around the time Rise of Iron came out but not about them doing a reboot or cutting the D1 world spaces from D2. I thought the Rise of Iron was a legit DLC like TTK not that it was suppose to be a band-aid to fix issues at bungie. It just sounds like they have wasted more time on two scraped games and rushed 2 games out to the public while turning cut stuff into DLC.

just looked it up they first leaked the RoI stuff in May of 16 where they talk about the reboot at that time. I was still enjoying the April update with the reworked PoE sigil stuff and the yr1 guns they brought back to find any reasoon to bitch about anything.

Last edited:
I remember hearing about Luke Smith taking over around the time Rise of Iron came out but not about them doing a reboot or cutting the D1 world spaces from D2. I thought the Rise of Iron was a legit DLC like TTK not that it was suppose to be a band-aid to fix issues at bungie. It just sounds like they have wasted more time on two scraped games and rushed 2 games out to the public while turning cut stuff into DLC.

just looked it up they first leaked the RoI stuff in May of 16 where they talk about the reboot at that time. I was still enjoying the April update with the reworked PoE sigil stuff and the yr1 guns they brought back to find any reasoon to bitch about anything.

Rise of Iron was definitely a legit DLC and according to rumors a very large portion of it was already created for House of Wolves. I have no idea how accurate it is but there lots of rumblings from gaming journalists talking about how Wrath of the Machine was supposed to be the HoW raid we never got. If that's true (who knows for sure) but that means a lot of the geometry and foundation was already there and that would explain why they were able to get Rise of Iron out so quickly and have it look so polished (for the most part anyways).

I agree it feels like a gaggle fuck with us on the outside trying to look in through a tiny peephole, but I'm sure there's some reason why both Bungie and Activision would be willing to reboot D2. Luke Smith may have looked like a dick in interviews but he was co-designer of Vault of Glass, and I believe he was the lead developer for Taken King. Both of those things were the best parts of D1 (outside of the gunplay) so I can see why they would be willing to give him the keys to drive the ship. Unfortunately he listened too much to Weisnewski and we ended up with two primary weapons and a power weapon... we also ended up with 4v4 and some shockingly bizarre choices for PvP balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back