Why is Sherdog so SLOW lately? (Avatars, post box, etc not loading)

If you're finding yourself unable to post, surf to your username in the top-right corner and select Preferences from the drop-down that appears. You'll find an option mid-menu for using rich-text editing to create and edit messages – as a temporary workaround, untick this option.

now my style is reset back to black and i cant chose the white one anymore. its a terrible forum and im outta here.

Been slow for a while now on Chrome it has pretty bad memory leaks. If I open multiple tabs of Sherdog my computer gets ridiculously slow even though it shouldn't, also it eats up alot of network bandwidth. If I try to play a computer game and have one browser opened with Sherdog in the background it's like 40ms hit on my pings and I take a noticeable hit on my fps, if I have more than one tab opened it gets exponentially worse. It's weird I have a pretty high end system so it's not like a simple website should be impacting me so much. I can goto garbage websites like Yahoo's front page which is like rotating ad hell and I don't get any performance hits like I do with Sherdog, which has like 2 ads on their site as opposed to Yahoo which is like 70% ads.

Been slow for a while now on Chrome it has pretty bad memory leaks. If I open multiple tabs of Sherdog my computer gets ridiculously slow even though it shouldn't, also it eats up alot of network bandwidth. If I try to play a computer game and have one browser opened with Sherdog in the background it's like 40ms hit on my pings and I take a noticeable hit on my fps, if I have more than one tab opened it gets exponentially worse. It's weird I have a pretty high end system so it's not like a simple website should be impacting me so much. I can goto garbage websites like Yahoo's front page which is like rotating ad hell and I don't get any performance hits like I do with Sherdog, which has like 2 ads on their site as opposed to Yahoo which is like 70% ads.

The adblocker is the problem. There's a big performance hit if you use one here on chrome. Clear your cookies and cache, reboot browser (VERY IMPORTANT), and try the site without an adblocker.

and try the site without an adblocker.

200.gif

Web Developer here. This place is a train wreck. If I want to actually read anything I have to toggle no script and ublock origen which in turn makes the site start hurling virus laden ads at me. Its quite sad really.

The large full page ads appear to be delivered via carrier pigeon as well. They take about 10 seconds to load and load first. Its why the site is inherently broken.

Last edited:
it's fine for me

phone/desktop

Back