Mikey Garcia: Before I Leave 135, I'll Fight Linares in The Summer

So the same goes for Mikey Garcia. Rigo called out Lomachenko for a while and got what he wanted in the end. Why isn't Mikey Garcia interested in fighting the toughest opponent out there for him? Mikey could see that Lomachenko responds to goading, so he could just call him out for a bit and he'd get the fight. But no he goes real quiet and instead announces he'll be moving up weight.

whos to say that hes not.

He moved up in weight and fought Broner who is a tough gate keeper. He was also trying to land the cotto fight at 154. Hes not looking for easy fights, hes looking for the big money fights

Show me a single active fighter who has faced the level of competition in their first 11 fights that Loma has. You can say whatever you want about the gold medals, the fact is, almost decorated amateur who goes pro still pads their records. Even Marriaga was a solid opponent when you put it in context tbh.

Ill not disagree with his level of competition but its unfair to compare him to other fighters because lomo is not young. He wants to fight the best for those big money fights. Younger fighters take their time perfecting their craft while gradually stepping up their game

Show me a single active fighter who has faced the level of competition in their first 11 fights that Loma has. You can say whatever you want about the gold medals, the fact is, almost decorated amateur who goes pro still pads their records. Even Marriaga was a solid opponent when you put it in context tbh.
Leon Spinks beat the best HW of all time in his 8th pro fight.
He's more experienced in the ring than anyone he's fought by a mile, other than Salido, he didn't know how to fight a guy like Salido. His WSOB fights were pro style fights too.

I'm not saying he's not a good fighter, just saying people are overrating what he is and what he's done. I'm not seeing giving a guy bonus points for getting title fights early as a pro. Marriaga isn't greater somehow based on the number of fights his opponent has.

I got more to add to the cherrypickspiracy theory guys, I noticed how Garcia leapfrogged 140 to have a 147 lbs fight, but now is ready for a 140 campaign after one more 135lbs now that TC has moved up.

These guys all meet up, and agree to avoid each other, I swear to god.

It depresses me to think Mikey might be ducking, A) I think he can win the fight, B) I'm a fan.

James Toney looking like a fool against RJJ never made me think less of Lights Out, at least we saw it play out because two men wanted to get it done.

Leon Spinks beat the best HW of all time in his 8th pro fight.

Lol....just gonna jump in n say that "The Greatest" was a 100 years old, in dog years, suffering from onset of Parkinson's. Who still beat him in the rematch.

And Spinks accomplished exactly nothing after that, or before that either in his pro career, getting knocked out in every big fight after that.

So shitty example.

whos to say that hes not.

He moved up in weight and fought Broner who is a tough gate keeper. He was also trying to land the cotto fight at 154. Hes not looking for easy fights, hes looking for the big money fights
Well it sure does look like he's avoiding Lomachenko. Cotto will be retired by the time Mikey is ready to fight him.

I got more to add to the cherrypickspiracy theory guys, I noticed how Garcia leapfrogged 140 to have a 147 lbs fight, but now is ready for a 140 campaign after one more 135lbs now that TC has moved up.

These guys all meet up, and agree to avoid each other, I swear to god.
Dude, these guys know they’re risking long term health issues or death. They don’t meet up but if someone says I’ll offer you 6 times the money to fight a guy who couldn’t crack an egg and you’ll knock his head off, who in their right mind is dropping a weight class to fight a monster?

Well it sure does look like he's avoiding Lomachenko. Cotto will be retired by the time Mikey is ready to fight him.

Mikey avoiding loma??? Arum wouldnt make that fight, id be more hard pressed to say that loma is avoiding that fight. ive heard mikey talk about fighting him, i dont hear loma calling out mikey at all

Fun fight!

I think Linares will make Garcia look slow, one-dimensional and stupid for the first 3 rounds After that Garcia will adjust and his fundamentals will start picking apart Linares who always looks great early. By the middle rounds Linares will start getting beat up and his paper skin won't hold up to Garcia's volume and power. Probably a late stoppage by cuts with a couple knockdowns for good measure.
My post was going to have two spaces after each period but otherwise it was exactly this.

Mikey and Loma are both full of shit IMO.

I don't trust a word Mikey says ever since Eric Gomez publicly exposed his duplicity on Twitter about the Linares fight. Loma ain't much better, he's just smart enough to have Arum do his dirty work.

It’s amlobg shot, but Mikey Garcia has the possibility of influencing his legacy more than any other fighter in 2018. Right now he’s just a very good fighter. If he beat Loma at 135 and Crawford at 140–both tough fights to make, but talked about and both fights he would be an underdog in, but a live one—he would become the P4P king and a likely HOFet.

Mikey and Loma are both full of shit IMO.

I don't trust a word Mikey says ever since Eric Gomez publicly exposed his duplicity on Twitter about the Linares fight. Loma ain't much better, he's just smart enough to have Arum do his dirty work.
Can you link me or tell me what happened? I don't know the Eric Gomez story about Mikey/Linares

Lol Seano trying to rile up Loma fans in here. He's never gonna back down guys, trust me.

Mikey avoiding loma??? Arum wouldnt make that fight, id be more hard pressed to say that loma is avoiding that fight. ive heard mikey talk about fighting him, i dont hear loma calling out mikey at all
Lomachenko has been talking about wanting to fight Mikey plenty.

Can you link me or tell me what happened? I don't know the Eric Gomez story about Mikey/Linares

Mikey claimed that he was willing to fight Linares but GBP wanted to lock him into a multi-fight contract. Gomez responded with this:

upload_2018-1-9_17-6-15.png

Mikey had a lame response that Eric shouldn't be airing their shit publicly. It was clear that Mikey was using confidentiality of negotiations to mislead the public about his intentions. He's playing a shell game, thats why he keeps jumping weights.

Lol Seano trying to rile up Loma fans in here. He's never gonna back down guys, trust me.
He doesn't need to back down, we just make him look unreasonable and show his personal dislike for Lomachenko for what it is.

Mikey claimed that he was willing to fight Linares but GBP wanted to lock him into a multi-fight contract. Gomez responded with this:

View attachment 322759

Mikey had a lame response that Eric shouldn't be airing their shit publicly. It was clear that Mikey was using confidentiality of negotiations to mislead the public about his intentions. He's playing a shell game, thats why he keeps jumping weights.
Thank you sir. Appreciate it. Not cool from Mikey, he knew that would make him look good in the public's eyes and it looks like it just backfired.

Back