Did Floyd Mayweather Jr. end Conor McGregor's Career?

Draper

Bronze Bomber
@purple
Reaction score
After being beaten from pillar to post by a 40 year old welterweight and earning a payday greater than all of his previous ones combined, is it safe to say that Conor McGregor's career in MMA is over, and Floyd Mayweather is responsible? I'd say so. It's truly incredible to see how much influence even an old Mayweather has in combat sports, and it just goes to show how far ahead boxing is compared to MMA. I'll be looking forward to McGregor vs Malignaggi sometime later this year.

I actually had Conor up on the scorecards before the fix was in (early stoppage).

Mayweather should've been disqualified for not fighting for over almost 7 rounds.

If you're wrong and Conor fights again, Will you end your sherdog account?

No, probably not. But it does look like Conor retired Mayweather.

After being beaten from pillar to post by a 40 year old welterweight and earning a payday greater than all of his previous ones combined, is it safe to say that Conor McGregor's career in MMA is over, and Floyd Mayweather is responsible? I'd say so. It's truly incredible to see how much influence even an old Mayweather has in combat sports, and it just goes to show how far ahead boxing is compared to MMA. I'll be looking forward to McGregor vs Malignaggi sometime later this year.

Boxing is so far ahead of MMA that the greatest boxer of our generation and arguably one of the greatests of all time took 10 rounds to beat a 0-0 boxer making his professional debut. Light years ahead.

Boxing is so far ahead of MMA that the greatest boxer of our generation and arguably one of the greatests of all time took 10 rounds to beat a 0-0 boxer making his professional debut. Light years ahead.

In my opinion, this combined with Floyd's age nullify both sides of the argument.

Another Conor thread that is as meaningless as it is retarded.

Please start imposing bans on threads RE Conor until a comeback is announced. Sick to death of grown men on here harping on about him, whether good or bad. It’s high school girl level stuff.

Conor needs to go away. He is a Cancer to MMA. He's turning it into boxing.

YRozg.gif

Its amazing how garbage UFC discussion first page has become in only 2 years...

image.png

Fucking garbage, now all MMA has is obsessed people who doesn't know how to move on, hater or fan.

Same old bland stuff every single day, don't you guys get bored or what?

Mayweather should've been disqualified for not fighting for over almost 7 rounds.
agree, he shouldn't caryy McGregor for 10 rounds like that. A better script would be pretending to eat McGregor's punches and making it like a dog fight.

Floyd tooled Canelo just a few years ago - like Conor, a trash talking top prospect with golden potential; unlike conor, a Professional Boxer. If anyone was going to bring down "old man Floyd" as you imagine him, it would have been Canelo. Floyd has had terrific performances in his fights 2014 onward as well.

You don't need to think of Floyd as some washout. He's earned his respect. As for Conor getting his butt whooped, I think almost everybody knew what would happen and the real questions were if Conor could make the final bell, and if he could look good for a while. Conor did no worse than was ever expected of him, and he's gained valuable experience against the best in the world to bring into his next fights.

I think Paulie vs Conor is one of several interesting, winnable bouts for Conor.

Back