Did Floyd Mayweather Jr. end Conor McGregor's Career?

Greatest part about that fight was Floyd throwing away his masterful defense and toying with the guy. Not sure all McGregor fans realize this.

In the same way winning the lottery will tend to end a cashier's career, yes, maybe it did.

Its amazing how garbage UFC discussion first page has become in only 2 years...

View attachment 321915

Fucking garbage, now all MMA has is obsessed people who doesn't know how to move on, hater or fan.

Same old bland stuff every single day, don't you guys get bored or what?

I mean you're the one here commenting on the first page of this so called "garbage" lol

Greatest part about that fight was Floyd throwing away his masterful defense and toying with the guy. Not sure all McGregor fans realize this.

Yep. Floyd was about as concerned by Conor's supposed power and left hand as he would have been had someone been gently throwing beach balls at him. Floyd got $350 million for a 30 minute move around that was far less demanding as his average pad session.

Boxing is so far ahead of MMA that the greatest boxer of our generation and arguably one of the greatests of all time took 10 rounds to beat a 0-0 boxer making his professional debut. Light years ahead.

Good try, but hopelessly wrong. If Floyd knocked Conor out in the first round, you'd say the same, "oh, but Floyd is the best of our generarion and Conor is a 0-0 boxer". That's just lame, lame, lame.
No, I don´t believe Floyd ended Conor's career.
But Mayweather was at the time a 40 years old retired boxer who tooled with the MMA monster of fights for seven rounds, until he decided to box and in three rounds gave your boi the spanking of his life. We will appreciate if you could provide ONE video, ONE gif or something showing that at any point of the fight Floyd was in real danger. None. Cero. Nada. Zilch. Conor connected a good left hand in the first round and another one in the second, and Floyd walked through them like a boss. Don´t fool yourself: Floyd has been all his career a pillow-fisted boxer and I can remember him conceding the first three or four rounds in almost every fight in the last decade.

In any case, boxing is so far ahead that a MMA champ has to go boxing not only to make decent cash but also to be recognized as a world-class fighter. Even in Conor's little mind, his global recognition would come by defeating a great boxer. Floyd never even considered the other way round.
This, of course, is not Conor's fault. Boxing has been a worldwide sport for a century, with national federations, amateur federations, is an olympic sport with world organization, etc etc, while MMA is an activity restricted to a bunch of promotions.

In my opinion, this combined with Floyd's age nullify both sides of the argument.

This makes absolutely zero sense. He beat Pacquiao just 2 years ago and he looked to be in the same phenomenal shape he's always in. It's not like he came out there looking slow and fat.

What an original take on the subject. It totally deseerved a thread because it hasn’t been discussed to death.

Ps: fo/ky

Didn't Conor land more shots than the previous guy Floyd thought tho?

He ended McGregor's career with a multimillion dollar punch to the bank account.

0DDAD547-E0A6-4E41-AF60-90865564E5BC.jpeg

not to be a dk, butt another conor thread?

Mayweather may be partly the reason if McGregor never fights again. Not because he beat him, but because of $100 million dollars Conor deposited in the bank! If you had that much money would you want to starve yourself for 8 weeks, work your ass off at the gym 6-7 days a week, then get punched in the face numerous times? Not me.

This makes absolutely zero sense. He beat Pacquiao just 2 years ago and he looked to be in the same phenomenal shape he's always in. It's not like he came out there looking slow and fat.

"Being in shape" doesn't nullify the effects of aging. I'm sure Anderson Silva was in shape. I'm sure Lyoto Machida was "in shape." But put them up against the versions of themselves five to seven years ago, and they'd all get knocked out. Also Pacquiao wasn't in his prime either, even if your argument were valid, it wouldn't make sense.

Only person stopping Conor from fighting is Conor..

Floyd popped Conor's cherry in a way, yes.

Now Conor only likes it when Floyd does it to him.

It's a very specific form of retirement.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back