The 2017 Heavies Awards - Best Walkout Song of the Year - Winner: Techno Syndrome (Mortal Kombat)

2017 Best Walkout Song of the Year

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fight to survive easily. Bloodsport is a classic martial arts flick and that song deserves to be walked out to.....props to RDA.

Absolute disgrace that Diakese walking out to Man’s Not Hot is not nominated

She stopped using "Harvester of Sorrow" in 2016, something about legal issues getting the rights to the song. Thanks Lars. She switched one time to "Walk" by Pantera, and for her last two fights she has walked out to "Bodies" by Drowning Pool.

Man, f*ck Lars!!!

And the Pantera choice is equally awesome, but Drowning Pool is a considerable step down.

Absolute disgrace that Diakese walking out to Man’s Not Hot is not nominated
One of the factors that weighed in on best walkout song choices was more than just the song itself. It wasn't going to be a "We like these five songs" list, and instead is about successful fighters that choose good songs that served them well. RDA used to walk out to other songs, but he changed everything up when he moved to WW, including his song. Jared "Flash" Gordon uses a song representing his namesake. Last Breath admittedly is not a good song personally, but more fighters chose that song than any other so it can't be ignored. Who can be mad at the Mortal Kombat theme? And I'm Shipping Up to Boston (and the Dropkick Murphys altogether) went undefeated this year, so it was worth mentioning, especially since the UFC didn't go to Boston in 2017.

Diakiese walked out to "Man's Not Hot" once, "Cool Nuh" by Giggs ft. Wrench 32 once, and "Shut Up" by Stormzy once this year. Hard to pick one of the three songs one fighter used this year, and to add to that, he lost after walking out to it. Of those three, I'd have picked "Shut Up" but none of them were worth mentioning above the hundreds of others to pick from.

RDA since it's undefeated.

One of the factors that weighed in on best walkout song choices was more than just the song itself. It wasn't going to be a "We like these five songs" list, and instead is about successful fighters that choose good songs that served them well. RDA used to walk out to other songs, but he changed everything up when he moved to WW, including his song. Jared "Flash" Gordon uses a song representing his namesake. Last Breath admittedly is not a good song personally, but more fighters chose that song than any other so it can't be ignored. Who can be mad at the Mortal Kombat theme? And I'm Shipping Up to Boston (and the Dropkick Murphys altogether) went undefeated this year, so it was worth mentioning, especially since the UFC didn't go to Boston in 2017.

Diakiese walked out to "Man's Not Hot" once, "Cool Nuh" by Giggs ft. Wrench 32 once, and "Shut Up" by Stormzy once this year. Hard to pick one of the three songs one fighter used this year, and to add to that, he lost after walking out to it. Of those three, I'd have picked "Shut Up" but none of them were worth mentioning above the hundreds of others to pick from.

Who else picked these songs besides you? Because the choices were doo doo. Why would whether a fighter loses or wins have any relevance on how great a walk out song is?

Good thing Gordon went 2-0... Imagine coming out to "Flash" and getting your ass kicked.

ITunesLogo.jpg

Voted for BloodSport.

its dropkick murphys by default i guess. the rest are trash.

murphys is always gonna be forrest's song tho
My jimmies are so rustled right now. Queen is trash??? How DARE you?!? For shame!!!

This has to be about entrances.. not music TS, this is not the Grammy

I thought the return of the dragon walking out to the GoT theme song was the best

Like most on here. Grew up on Bloodsport. Awesome song to get Pumped. If only it taught you the "Dim Mak".

Voted MK song cause it goes well with some real drums:

I can't remember the last time I paid any attention to what music a fighter walked to the cage to.

Back