The Sherdog Counter-Strike players club

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't call it Major,

Intent of the Major is to push the scene forward towards growth. An giving the 17th-24th placed teams revenue from sticker money doesnt detract from the team who finished 1st and those who placed 2nd-8th.

Four Majors have happened since the Minor system was introduced. With the PGL Major producing its first Major winner from that Minor system. *Was also the first time a Minor qualified team reached the Grand Final in their first appearance.

Growth we've seen from frequency of events and prize pools since 2013 has stagnated towards top teams. To the point theyve even brazenly attempted to create their own enclosed league system keeping away outside competition. Cementing their revenue share throughout the year no matter performance.

No ones investing in growth. Theyre just piggybacking off the success of Valve Majors with hosting NA/EU lan events while inviting top teams and doing online league matches that have near zero production cost. We need to go back to November of 2015 when a non-NA/EU team was able to qualify for a league lan final. Teams that do show promise are uprooted from their region an moved to NA. Leaving their region in the same state that its been for the past decade/years.

Man that was a cool video TY!
So the 1337 Krew is God?
MtUqe.png

I started in 2002, but played half life multiplayer in 99.
It was 1€ per hour in gaming area(whatever it is called in English, no internet only LAN.
That game did crossbows right.
Does anyone remember name of the map, can't find it. The one with fireman like tower in middle.
That was groups favorite.

Hl dm was an awesome game I still play it from time to time.

Major soon. Will be gambling on SK or Fnatic to win it. Will be interesting to see how VP do, not many people have seen them in action for a long time...

Major soon. Will be gambling on SK or Fnatic to win it. Will be interesting to see how VP do, not many people have seen them in action for a long time...

Yeah dude putting money up on the line maekes everything 10 times more fun.

My pick to win it all is G2 with G2 vs Faze as the Grand Final.

See SK getting past Fnatic but losing to G2 with Felps. Only the NaVi/QBF quarterfinal match is giving me issues.

god i fucking hate SK

be so sweet to see them get BTFOd by fnatic

Fnatic SK inferno was intense as fuck. God I hope they pull through. 3 map game for sure this one.

Bit tired of constantly seeing the camera on that dramatic chubby Brazilian mom of one of the SK players. Cba.

Was crazy to see cloud9 completely slaughter G2 yesterday. Frantic vs SK right now is intense

I merged a new thread about a new CS:GO thread that @savemgs made for a new knife (the post above) when there was already a Player's Club thread, and noticed he had started a number of other discrete threads with OPs this trivial. When I merged those, too, unfortunately, one of them predated the v2 Player's Club thread. So I merged them all back into this original Player's Club thread.

This thread is 1,500 posts. There isn't a hard cap, anymore, but I suggest one of you take this opportunity to reboot the v2 thread with a fresh OP. Closing this one down.

A new knife is not threadworthy. Don't start discrete threads for that stuff when these (threads devoted entirely to the game itself) already exist. Thank you.

*Edit*
Kane has the new thread up:
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/c...b-v2-cloud9-made-america-great-again.3709083/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back