International US/Israel v. Iran

Will we go to war with Iran this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wish I had more faith in our ordinary citizenry.....but I hope you are right about this. I hate how fox news do these complete bullshit polls or opinions that run across the T.V screen saying shit like, "Yeah 54% of Americans are willing to go to war". God I hate that shit. It's predictive programming man, make everyone viewing it think "oh shit that many people want to go to war? fuck it I'm in."

Most the people I work with are like fucking pandas. I tell them this shit and they just shrug and want to to go back to talking about whatever Netflix junk their watching. Sometime I wish battery wasn't a crime.
Given how little people care, I'm surprised that voter turnout is as high as it is. To me it feels like something that only about 25% of people would be inclined to do, given how ignorant and comfortable we are. And even fewer are actually qualified to give their opinion.

I might just be dead ass wrong about thinking people have learned something from the last 17 years, I admit.

I think this is creating a false sense of what happened. We invaded Iraq for bad reasons, not no reason at all. There is a difference here. Before we went into Iraq, bad reasons were sold as good reasons, and that's when everyone committed. It was only once we were there that our good reasons were exposed as bad reasons. So do you think there's the high probability that this is going to happen again? I think that's the question that needs to be answered before you start saying that a war with Iran is likely.
I've read through this thread and I get what you're saying, heck I honestly hope / pray a yuge % of Americans feel the same way as you....

Now you can call me crazy if you like, but to me it's not hard to imagine some CIA operative-crackpot-scenario where we dress up some TCN rag heads as IRGCs and have them sink an American Cargo Ship.

Same'ol play book as the American - Spanish war. And ta-daa false flag war recipe. I mean come on its a hallmark TM of the MIC. Can't sway the public with ad hominem, rhetoric, & propaganda? Pull out the time honored tradition of a false flag.

Gets'em every-time.

Will we on our own of our own volition?

I doubt it.

But if Israel goes then it's a fucking crapshoot IMO.

I love me some fox news. Honestly nowadays I don't know who triggers my blood pressure more, fox or cnn.

Here's some more "soften the american's up propaganda"

Link source : http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018...are-pro-american-unlike-their-government.html

The Iranian people are pro-American, unlike their government.

By any stretch of the imagination, the most pro-American people in the Middle East – other than Israelis – are Iranians. This is despite the fact that Iran’s Islamist dictatorship makes hatred of America the foundation of its foreign policy and seeks to indoctrinate the population with anti-American feelings from an early age.

--------------------------------

^ I can't believe what I just read. @HomerThompson I like you're thread and I'm likely to post a ridiculous amount in it. But shit like ^ makes me want to have a freaking stroke.

How do they measure that? By the amount of flags seen burning in broadcasts?

Vice President Mike Pence wrote in a Washington Post op-ed Wednesday. "Unfortunately, many of our European partners, as well as the United Nations, have thus far failed to forcefully speak out on the growing crisis in Iran. It's time for them to stand up."

<{hfved}>

Here it comes.

FFS you guys are delusional.

Iran literally has a landmass larger than California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona and New Mexico combined. It is one of the most mountainous countries in the world with the highest peak in Europe/Asia west of the Hindu Kush. It has a population of 81 million. If you think an invasion with regime change and occupation a la Iraq is even on the table you're batshit crazy. There is no way that the DoD brain trust doesn't push back hard against that kind of lunacy.

Airstrikes against the nuke program? Maybe.

Taking actions against the foreign assets of the Revolutionary Guards? Maybe. Frankly, you could make a legit argument that this should happen; these are the same assholes who blew up a community center in Argentina.

Full-on invasion? GTFOH.

Iran is not North Korea or Saddam's Iraq. They are not an isolated country. Despite all of the sanctions, mismanagement and corruption it's GDP purchasing power parity is 18th in the world. That ranks them higher than the likes of Israel, Sweden, Australia, and Ireland among others. There is a vast plethora of economic options at our disposal that we can utilize to take substantive action in getting the mullahs to change their behavior.

Blowing shit up isn't the first or only option here.

My guess is USA goes to war with Iran in Trump 3rd year of office. Iran is unstable threat I could understand if you guys want to take out their military and nuclear stuff. But man you would be dumb to invade and nation build again.

Since you got elections this year in what October it would make sense to do the war after.

I bet there is some historical evidence to show this.

ooh just looked it up. USA war in Iraq in march 2003 you had elections in 2002. hmmmm

I love me some fox news. Honestly nowadays I don't know who triggers my blood pressure more, fox or cnn.

Link source : http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018...are-pro-american-unlike-their-government.html

By any stretch of the imagination, the most pro-American people in the Middle East – other than Israelis – are Iranians. This is despite the fact that Iran’s Islamist dictatorship makes hatred of America the foundation of its foreign policy and seeks to indoctrinate the population with anti-American feelings from an early age.

^ I can't believe what I just read. @HomerThompson I like you're thread and I'm likely to post a ridiculous amount in it. But shit like ^ makes me want to have a freaking stroke.
What was said wrong on it? Israel likes USA the most there. And Israelis do. Iran also does teach anti western and anti non Islamic stuff in school system.

What was said wrong on it? Israel likes USA the most there. And Israelis do. Iran also does teach anti western and anti non Islamic stuff in school system.
Its the part about Iranians liking us as equally as Israelis.

Literally the same propaganda used for Iraq. I still have some of the psyops leaflets I picked up from the ground in Baghdad that said basically "We are coming for the government of Saddam. We are not your enemies."

I don't really disagree with this assessment, given that I've studied the Persians and Iranians for years, did a school project on them.

Then again, I, like just about everyone else here, have never been to Iran. But from what I've gathered, the majority of younger Persians are moderate, gasping for secularism and a more open world, technological approach. The imams and higher powers are still in the way.

Here it comes.

I think it come next year. Would make more sense after you guys have elections. would you not agree?

FFS you guys are delusional.

Iran literally has a landmass larger than California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona and New Mexico combined. It is one of the most mountainous countries in the world with the highest peak in Europe/Asia west of the Hindu Kush. It has a population of 81 million. If you think an invasion with regime change and occupation a la Iraq is even on the table you're batshit crazy. There is no way that the DoD brain trust doesn't push back hard against that kind of lunacy.

Airstrikes against the nuke program? Maybe.

Taking actions against the foreign assets of the Revolutionary Guards? Maybe. Frankly, you could make a legit argument that this should happen; these are the same assholes who blew up a community center in Argentina.

Full-on invasion? GTFOH.

Iran is not North Korea or Saddam's Iraq. They are not an isolated country. Despite all of the sanctions, mismanagement and corruption it's GDP purchasing power parity is 18th in the world. That ranks them higher than the likes of Israel, Sweden, Australia, and Ireland among others. There is a vast plethora of economic options at our disposal that we can utilize to take substantive action in getting the mullahs to change their behavior.

Blowing shit up isn't the first or only option here.

Do not underestimate the americans they are experts at regime changes, assassinations and invasions and wars. There record is like 1000 to 3

Only failed with Cuba. And like 1 or 2 others.

I like how we all seem to agree here to some extent.

@HomerThompson

Any interest in trying to turn this into a petition thread next?

I believe their are web pages that allow you to type in your zip code, and locate your house and Senate representative and contact info.

I don't think it would take much effort, and I would be willing to help in any way needed.

I don't really disagree with this assessment, given that I've studied the Persians and Iranians for years, did a school project on them.

Then again, I, like just about everyone else here, have never been to Iran. But from what I've gathered, the majority of younger Persians are moderate, gasping for secularism and a more open world, technological approach. The imams and higher powers are still in the way.
Had to talk my sister out of buying a Yoga studio there 10 years ago , she visited and spent a few weeks there , she really liked the people and the vibe , at least in the cities people are very " western" by all accounts.

Around the same time there was an Iranian boy at the school my wife teaches at who held the view that young people want regime change ( he was a Christian btw ) and the Iranian population is very young .

I believe the people do want regime change but that sure doesn't mean there should be military action.

ooh just looked it up. USA war in Iraq in march 2003 you had elections in 2002. hmmmm
Actually the election was in 2000.
Bush won and took office in 2001.
Something happened in September of 2001. Any idea what that was?
US invades Afghanistan in 2001.
US invades Iraq in 2003.

No, you misspoke. Moderating Saudi style would be regression for Iran. Period. You're clinging to this is certainly baffling, though.

What reforms that the Saudis are making would be a progressive change for Iran? Could you point out one single element of their reform that Iran should emulate?

The US needs some progressive reforms too. Should we also moderate, "Saudi Style"?

*your

Back