Locked TV Show Thread 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trailer for BILLIONS Season 3, Premieres March 25, 2018 on Showtime

Billions season 3 premieres Sunday, March 25 at 10pm ET/PT on SHOWTIME.

Update: January 7, 2018

THE MARVELOUS MRS. MAISEL Wins Best Comedy and Actress at Golden Globes

x85aMmm.jpg

Give it up for The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel! Amazon’s delightful period dramedy won the Golden Globe for Best Television Series, Musical or Comedy, on Sunday. This is the third time Amazon has won in this category: In 2016, Mozart in the Jungle won, and in 2015, Transparent took home the hardware.

“Oy, the Spanx,” said Amy Sherman-Palladino while accepting the award at the ceremony held in Los Angeles. After thanking Amazon for their “unwavering” support, the crew, and “my murderer’s row of actors,” the executive producer and creator declared, “I’m going backstage. Is there cheese backstage?”

Created by Gilmore Girls‘ Sherman-Palladino, the series stars Rachel Brosnahan as Miriam “Midge” Maisel, an Upper West Side housewife who dives into the stand-up comedy scene in the 1950s after her seemingly perfect life comes crashing down. It boasts Sherman-Palladino’s trademark rapid-fire dialogue and eccentric characters, like Susie (Alex Borstein), Midge’s misanthropic manager. Tony Shaloub, Marin Hinkle, and Michael Zegen also star.

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel beat out ABC’s black-ish, Netflix’s Master of None, Showtime’s SMILF, and NBC’s Will & Grace.

Brosnahan won for Best Actress in a TV Comedy earlier in the evening. She beat out Pamela Adlon from Better Things, Alison Brie from Glow, Issa Rae from Insecure, and Frankie Shaw from SMILF.

Brosnahan opened her acceptance speech by thanking the Hollywood Foreign Press Association and the show’s “fearless creators and leaders” Amy Sherman-Palladino and Daniel Palladino. She then gave a short shout-out to Oprah Winfrey: “Hi, Oprah.”

Brosnahan earned her first Golden Globe nomination this year for starring as the title character in the new Amazon series. She had previously been nominated for an Emmy in the best guest actress in a drama series category for her work on Netflix’s House of Cards.

http://ew.com/awards/2018/01/07/marvelous-mrs-maisel-golden-globes-win/

tenor.gif

Winners for the 2018 Golden Globe Awards (Television)

fdXo54W.jpg

BEST TELEVISION SERIES – DRAMA
The Crown (Netflix)
Game of Thrones (HBO)
**WINNER** The Handmaid’s Tale (Hulu)
Stranger Things (Netflix)
This Is Us (NBC)

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A TELEVISION SERIES – DRAMA
Caitriona Balfe, Outlander
Claire Foy, The Crown
Maggie Gyllenhaal, The Deuce
Katherine Langford, 13 Reasons Why
**WINNER** Elisabeth Moss, The Handmaid’s Tale

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A TELEVISION SERIES – DRAMA
Jason Bateman, Ozark
**WINNER** Sterling K. Brown, This Is Us
Freddie Highmore, The Good Doctor
Bob Odenkirk, Better Call Saul
Liev Schreiber, Ray Donovan

BEST TELEVISION SERIES – MUSICAL OR COMEDY
black-ish (ABC)
**WINNER** The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (Amazon)
Master of None (Netflix)
SMILF (Showtime)
Will & Grace (NBC)

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A TELEVISION SERIES – MUSICAL OR COMEDY
Pamela Adlon, Better Things
Alison Brie, Glow
**WINNER** Rachel Brosnahan, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
Issa Rae, Insecure
Frankie Shaw, SMILF

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A TELEVISION SERIES – MUSICAL OR COMEDY
Anthony Anderson, black-ish
**WINNER** Aziz Ansari, Master of None
Kevin Bacon, I Love Dick
William H. Macy, Shameless
Eric McCormack, Will & Grace

BEST TELEVISION LIMITED SERIES OR MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION
**WINNER** Big Little Lies (HBO)

Fargo (FX)
Feud: Bette and Joan (FX)
The Sinner (USA Network)
Top of the Lake: China Girl (SundanceTV)

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A LIMITED SERIES OR A MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION
Jessica Biel, The Sinner
**WINNER** Nicole Kidman, Big Little Lies
Jessica Lange, Feud: Bette and Joan
Susan Sarandon, Feud: Bette and Joan
Reese Witherspoon, Big Little Lies

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A LIMITED SERIES OR A MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION
Robert DeNiro, The Wizard of Lies
Jude Law, The Young Pope
Kyle MacLachlan, Twin Peaks
**WINNER** Ewan McGregor, Fargo
Geoffrey Rush, Genius

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE IN A SERIES, LIMITED SERIES OR MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION
**WINNER** Laura Dern, Big Little Lies

Ann Dowd, The Handmaid’s Tale
Chrissy Metz, This Is Us
Michelle Pfeiffer, The Wizard of Lies
Shailene Woodley, Big Little Lies

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE IN A SERIES, LIMITED SERIES OR MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION
David Harbour, Stranger Things
Alfred Molina, Feud: Bette and Joan
Christian Slater, Mr. Robot
**WINNER** Alexander Skarsgård, Big Little Lies
David Thewlis, Fargo

usually dont recommend shows i would give this one i go i thought it was really good for me at least the episodes get better.

usually dont recommend shows i would give this one i go i thought it was really good for me at least the episodes get better.

I've watched the first few episodes and it's okay so far. Really felt like an American show.

Chance starring Hugh Laurie is cancelled at Hulu after two seasons. This show didn't even register in my radar.

650_1200.jpg

The Legion of Superheroes featured in new Supergirl trailer.

Teaser Trailer for HBO's FAHRENHEIT 451 Starring Michael B. Jordan, Michael Shannon

HBO Films presents Fahrenheit 451. In a terrifying care-free future, a young man, Guy Montag, whose job as a fireman is to burn all books, questions his actions after meeting a young girl...and begins to rebel against society. Starring Michael B. Jordan, and Michael Shannon.

I tried the first three episodes of Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams and while the premise, the cast, the production values are good, the payoff sucks and some of them felt like there's a missing 3 minutes to the ending to fully tie up the story.

ElectricDreamsCallout.jpg

Now this is only in the earliest of early stages, but I really hope something comes of it:

Shane Black and writing partner Fred Dekker have scripted a TV pilot reboot for cult 1960s spy show The Avengers. Black first made a name for himself with his script for Lethal Weapon in 1987, which combined snappy, quotable dialogue with slick action. He followed up with scripts for The Last Boy Scout and The Long Kiss Goodnight, before moving into directing later in his career with The Nice Guys and Iron Man 3.

Black also co-wrote 1987’s The Monster Squad with Dekker, who directed the film. Dekker also helmed Night Of The Creeps and RoboCop 3, and after a long break pursuing separate projects he and Black renewed their creative partnership to pen the script for The Predator, which Black is directing. They also co-wrote the pilot for Western series Edge in 2015.

Now in a new career retrospective with The Dark Side Magazine, Dekker reveals he and Black have penned a script for a TV reboot of 1960s spy series The Avengers for Warner Bros. The show followed dapper secret agent John Steed and his various partners, including Diana Rigg’s Emma Peel, as they foiled various evil schemes. When asked about the project, Dekker had this to say:

It’s The Avengers, with John Steed and Emma Peel. We’re setting it in Britain in the 60’s, and our approach is The Ipcress File meets Doctor Who. At this moment, it’s my favorite thing we’re working on.

If the pilot for The Avengers goes ahead, it will be interesting to see what Black and Dekker do with it. They’re both known for writing witty dialogue, and the chance to do a period spy show should be fertile creative ground. Their next project is The Predator, which aims to re-energize the series. The script has already been praised for its new take on the Predator character, and Black himself has an interesting link to the franchise, having played the first on-screen victim of the title hunter in the 1987 original.
I love the old show so much I even got the Emma Peel seasons on DVD some years ago. It would be interesting to play fantasy casting with Mrs. Peel.

We'd need an actress in her 20s, athletic, with the body to pull of a leather catsuit, preferably some skill for fight choreography, an so very British that tea must ooze out of her pores. Who fits the bill?

Bryan Fuller Joins Anne Rice's THE VAMPIRE CHRONICLES TV Series

Christopher here, with an exciting announcement about our show. Sometime in the 1980’s, a young teenager from Washington State, who dreamed of working in Hollywood one day, decided it was his destiny to write a film adaptation of a novel called INTERVIEW WITH THE VAMPIRE. So that teenager did what any resourceful, gifted and determined young person would do in such an instance; he got a copy of the San Francisco phone book and checked to see if the novel’s author had a listed phone number.

It turns out she did. To his astonishment, the author, my mother Anne Rice, answered the phone herself when he called, and when this young man declared his intentions to adapt her book for the big screen, she gave him the number of the producer in Hollywood who owned the rights. Naturally, the producer’s response was something along the lines of, “You’re too young, kid. Go hone your talent. Maybe someday.”

Today I’m thrilled to inform you that the young man of which I speak is Bryan Fuller, who grew up to be one of television’s most innovative creative forces, responsible for such an amazing array of shows as HANNIBAL, DEAD LIKE ME and PUSHING DAISIES. Even better, the opportunity he asked for all those years ago has finally arrived.

It’s our great pleasure to officially announce that Bryan has become a member of the creative family working to bring the story of the vampire Lestat to television. For a year now, my mother and I have had the joy of working with creative partners at Paramount Television and Anonymous Content who share our vision for a prestigious, long-form, high quality and high production value television series focusing on the journey of the immortal Lestat as he travels the lengths of the vampire world detailed in The Vampire Chronicles. Almost instantly after we sold the rights last April, we knew we were working with some of the finest producers television had to offer. And those producers knew that Bryan would be a perfect addition to our creative team.

For months now, we’ve been developing written material that focuses Lestat’s story for television while also delivering on the promises Mom made to her fans last year when she first announced her intentions for the show. We’re confident this material will garner more exciting announcements in the months ahead. But for now, please help us welcome this brilliant and wildly talented force to Team Vampire Chronicles.

If you’d like to hear Bryan tell the story of his fateful, teenage phone call to his favorite author, I’ve included a clip from his interview with The Dinner Party Show in the comments below. Bryan and I will be together tonight, along with our friend and fellow writer, Eric Shaw Quinn, at the Hollywood premiere of THE ALIENIST, another eagerly anticipated adaptation of a popular novel, and a show that we’re sure will demonstrate to all why Paramount and Anonymous are the perfect home for Lestat and all of his fledglings, fellow vampires and rivals.

JOHN WICK TV Series THE CONTINENTAL at Starz with Keanu Reeves Attached

rIT3V1Q.jpg

John Wick is the latest feature film to get the small-screen treatment. Starz announced Friday at the Television Critics Association's winter press tour that it was developing The Continental, an ongoing drama series based on the John Wick film franchise starring Keanu Reeves. Reeves, Starz execs said, is expected to make an appearance in the potential series but will not star as the project exists side by side with the feature universe.

The potential TV series is set in the John Wick universe and focuses on the inner-workings of the exclusive Continental Hotel, which serves as a refuge for assassins.

Chris Collins (Sons of Anarchy, The Wire, Man in the High Castle) will pen the script and serve as showrunner should the drama move forward. The original film's creative team are on board the TV off-shoot, with Thunder Road Pictures' Basil Iwanyk — who produced the first two features and serves in the same capacity on the forthcoming third — leads an exec producing team that also includes Chad Stahelski (who directed the first two and is returning for the third), original franchise screenwriter Derek Kolstad and Collins, David Leitch (who co-directed the original) and Reeves. Stahelski will direct the premiere of The Continental, should the script move forward.

The John Wick franchiseproduced by Lionsgate, which now fully owns Starz — has grossed nearly $300 million worldwide. The third feature, with Reeves starring, is due in 2019. Starz will retain domestic multiplatform pay TV and SVOD rights to the series, while Lionsgate will control international, domestic distribution and home entertainment rights.

'John Wick' TV Series - 'The Continental' in the Works at Starz (With Keanu Reeves Attached)

Full Trailer for Netflix's Sci-Fi Thriller ALTERED CARBON Starring Joel Kinnaman

In the distant future, human consciousness can be digitized and downloaded into different bodies. Brought back to life after 250 years by Laurens Bancroft (James Purefoy) the richest man on Earth, ex-Envoy soldier Takeshi Kovacs (Joel Kinnaman / Will Yun Lee) must solve Bancroft's attempted murder for the chance to live again in a world he doesn't recognize. Altered Carbon debuts exclusively on Netflix February 2nd, 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back