canned greens vs fresh

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
it i need to eat more greens but tbh it takes forever for me to cook green beans i hate them frozen they come out nasty i use to eat them canned but was told they lose tons of nutrients in a can im eating not for taste but for nutrition if it only loses a little bit of nutrients then im ok with it

it i need to eat more greens but tbh it takes forever for me to cook green beans i hate them frozen they come out nasty i use to eat them canned but was told they lose tons of nutrients in a can im eating not for taste but for nutrition if it only loses a little bit of nutrients then im ok with it
Canned beans are alright.

Frozen broccoli is easy and cheap. Frozen spinach is cheep and good in smoothies. Canned stuff tends to not only taste kind of gross, but they line the cans with BPA(which is a hormone disruptor) to make sure the food doesn't corrode the metal of the can. Canned soup is one of the worst offenders. Then again frozen fruits and veggies aren't open to the air for very long before being preserved ...which means the pesticides used on them haven't had a chance to decay and are frozen right along with the food.

Pick fresh. But if your ultimate choice is between frozen or canned, frozen veggies will likely retain more nutrients.

ill never do frozen spinach again holy fuk that was nasty in my smoothie frozen broccoli yes but not spinach or green beans the texture is juts horrible

For what it's worth I don't by frozen spinach. I buy it fresh then toss it in the freezer. Seems to blend up a lot easier that way.

Fresh or Frozen only

Eat raw uncooked kale. Tastes like crap but you´l get used to it. Eat a couple of leaves before your regular meal, it´s easier to get i
down when you´re the most hungry.

Best in nutrients AND you don´t have to cook. Throw in some avocados too as aa snack.

My tip

You like the texture of canned green beans more than frozen? Canned green beans are basically mush.

If you are trying to get more greens and you do like smoothies, just buy spinach fresh. If you mix it with frozen berries + banana, you won't taste it.

Back