How often do you struggle with injuries?

frango

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Hello everybody.

I think most of sherdoggers do squats, deadlifts, and bench press regularly. Lots of of do other exercises like push up, pullups and etc. I guess the majority dont really focus on isolating muscles and do compound exercises mostly.

So, how often do you have a knee injury that makes you stop squatting? how often yuo have an elbow pain or shoulder pain that makes stop bench press or other presses? or even something in your back...?

how often do you suffer with injuries?
and how old are you?

i started TRT about a year ago. Since i started is the first time i have a pain in my left shoulder that made me stop doing any kind of press movement.Its mild however. Before TRT i used to have one injury after another. First my knee..then when it was fixed it would be my elbow, then my back...

I used to collect injuries. At least 2 or 3 every year.

So...what about you?

I’ve never had an injury from lifting weights. I sometimes get achy shoulders and have to lower my volume on pressing but that’s it.

I couldn’t squat or deadlift earlier this year because of a hip injury from kickboxing(first time I had tried it for years).

I'm 34.

Last edited:
Other than breaks an impact stuff I have a knee condition atm that's stopped me squatting and deadlifting for a few months. Did deadlifts with the bar this week. Feels good! <Lmaoo>

It's the first injury of its kind.

I'm 38 I think.

I'm 35 and have some sort of minor ache and pain at all times. Last year it was a rotation between my wrist, elbow, and back. Other years I've had knee trouble. It's never anything that prevents me from lifting, but I sometimes have to avoid certain lifts.

Around 330-340 days out the year.

Have not hurt muself lifting in over a decade.

Almost all the time, but you find ways to work around it.

Currently it's (what I'm assuming) my right lat that I think I could have possible have a small tear. Hurts like a mother when benching, however I didn't lift for couple months and just started a week ago. I could feel it slightly when benching, but so far no actual pain. I think I exacerbated it last time from all the pull-ups and getting back into muscle ups again so I'm going to stop messing around with all that for now. Before that some minor stuff here and there. Nothing compared to people I know. I know some elite lifters with multiple tears, surgeries, etc and just keep coming back.

At 35 and just about every month or so from BJJ

I'm 35 and have some sort of minor ache and pain at all times. Last year it was a rotation between my wrist, elbow, and back. Other years I've had knee trouble. It's never anything that prevents me from lifting, but I sometimes have to avoid certain lifts.

exactly my story. i am 37.

Back