Total War: Warhammer 2 comes out tomorrow (also; play TW:WH with me)

Win battles. Lords level up pretty quick and heroes do as well with performing actions and embedding them in your lord's army.

Went back to WH1 because I haven't played Norsca yet and holy shit. Possibly a top 5 faction for me already. They have so many awesome mechanics for the campaign and the beast hunts are really cool. I hope we can expect this kind of quality with the upcoming DLC factions. Kislev keeps asking for peace but nah, fuck that. I've lost enough troops to their damn cavalry that I'll only be satisfied with their annihilation.

It does suck they're not going to be in Mortal Empires until May :/ but at least Tomb Kings is in January and the new Lab mode looks like it'll be fun to mess around with and watch Youtube videos from the community.
Hell yeah.

Now I just need Ogres and Chaos Dwarfs.

Rumor is the third game is going to be Chaos focused...Chaos Dwarfs, Chaos Daemons and whatever else there is because I have no clue about the lore.

HYYYYYYYYYYPE! The units look so fucking cool and the campaign mechanics sound even better than the WH2 factions.

Anyone know a fix around the Whaaaa bug where you have no choice but to declare war on an ally because they attacked your Whaaa?

I don't know much about the lore of the game but its fun allying Skaven, Lizardmen, orcs and beastmen vs everything else. Turning the whole map into a zoo and wild life

Anyone know a fix around the Whaaaa bug where you have no choice but to declare war on an ally because they attacked your Whaaa?

I don't know much about the lore of the game but its fun allying Skaven, Lizardmen, orcs and beastmen vs everything else. Turning the whole map into a zoo and wild life

That sounds awesome. Your best bet would be to browse the Steam Workshop. If a mod exists, it'll be there. I still need to do a few Orc campaigns but I'm already 6 campaigns deep with varying turn counts. Dark Elves, Skaven, Lizardmen, Vampire Counts, Wood Elves and Bretonnia.

Speaking of Bretonnia, they might just be my favorite current faction. Louen Leoncoeur is a beast of a Legendary Lord and the late game cavalry units rule. Charging 10 units of Grail Knights and Grail Guardians into the enemy and then flanking with flying cavalry is very, very satisfying to watch. I also love their hilariously over the top French accents and enjoy the chivalric, King Arthur style to their campaign. I'm currently helping the Empire and Dwarfs cleanse the world of Vampires but am not sure if we'll be able to do so before the Chaos Invasion. I heard Wood Elves and High Elves make the Bretonnian campaign tough but the HE are best buds with me and I crushed the Wood Elves in two seperate battles resulting them wanting a peace treaty. They really started to like me after I slaughtered a few Beastmen factions.

My GOTY by far and it's not even close. Once Mortal Empires gets Norsca, the RoR, Tomb Kings and other DLC lords and factions added...hooo boy. Goodbye, cruel world.

That sounds awesome. Your best bet would be to browse the Steam Workshop. If a mod exists, it'll be there. I still need to do a few Orc campaigns but I'm already 6 campaigns deep with varying turn counts. Dark Elves, Skaven, Lizardmen, Vampire Counts, Wood Elves and Bretonnia.

Speaking of Bretonnia, they might just be my favorite current faction. Louen Leoncoeur is a beast of a Legendary Lord and the late game cavalry units rule. Charging 10 units of Grail Knights and Grail Guardians into the enemy and then flanking with flying cavalry is very, very satisfying to watch. I also love their hilariously over the top French accents and enjoy the chivalric, King Arthur style to their campaign. I'm currently helping the Empire and Dwarfs cleanse the world of Vampires but am not sure if we'll be able to do so before the Chaos Invasion. I heard Wood Elves and High Elves make the Bretonnian campaign tough but the HE are best buds with me and I crushed the Wood Elves in two seperate battles resulting them wanting a peace treaty. They really started to like me after I slaughtered a few Beastmen factions.

My GOTY by far and it's not even close. Once Mortal Empires gets Norsca, the RoR, Tomb Kings and other DLC lords and factions added...hooo boy. Goodbye, cruel world.
Wood Elves are a pain in the ass to kill when playing as either beastmen and skaven. Drawves and Empire seem to be easier to beat as Beasties, Skaven and orcs. I had a tough time against high elves as either lizardmen, skav or beastie.

I did try to look for something at the steam shop for the whaa issue but the only fix for that is to get a mod to disable Whaa completely and maybe another mod to upgrade the orc units to compensate for it. The Steamshop have really great mods to enhance the gameplay. The ones I have is No aversion to diplomancy (so I can easily ally with any faction that normally hates my race), better camera movement, and spectator mod (so I can let the Al control my units while I watch).

BTW my game of the year was Divinity Original Sin 2 but WH2 and Horizon both tie around second.

Anyone still playing this?

I'm thinking of finally giving it a go.

Love the warhammer universe, so this could eat some time up for me.

Just purchased TWW2, and realized it's the same game, but not compatible with TW:Warhammer? Meaning you can't actually use any of the races from that game?

What a bummer.....

Last edited:
Anyone still playing this?

I'm thinking of finally giving it a go.

Love the warhammer universe, so this could eat some time up for me.

Just purchased TWW2, and realized it's the same game, but not compatible with TW:Warhammer? Meaning you can't actually use any of the races from that game?

What a bummer.....

Do you own Total War: Warhammer 1? If you do, and you posted you just bought TW:WH2, you can download the free Mortal Empires DLC which combines both game maps together for a massive sandbox play area for all released races.

There's a supposedly substantial game.update coming out within the next few weeks for bug fixes, some faction updates and tweaks and then the almighty Tomb Kings release in 2 weeks. That'll bring a ton of people back into the game for sure.

It's by far my favorite game of 2017 and I'm not even close to getting sick of it. It's not a perfect game and still needs some updates and polish but it is endlessly fun and enjoyable for me. The Vortex campaign adds some mich needed urgency and Mortal Empires, while still rough in some areas, is a fantasy sandbox of slaughter. I've loved all 600 hours and counting.

If there's something you don't like about the game, hop on the Steam Workshop. There's probably a mod that'll fix or change that. There's also a lot of quality of life mods and things that give the in-game art a bit more flavor. The modding community is amazing.

Do you own Total War: Warhammer 1? If you do, and you posted you just bought TW:WH2, you can download the free Mortal Empires DLC which combines both game maps together for a massive sandbox play area for all released races.

There's a supposedly substantial game.update coming out within the next few weeks for bug fixes, some faction updates and tweaks and then the almighty Tomb Kings release in 2 weeks. That'll bring a ton of people back into the game for sure.

It's by far my favorite game of 2017 and I'm not even close to getting sick of it. It's not a perfect game and still needs some updates and polish but it is endlessly fun and enjoyable for me. The Vortex campaign adds some mich needed urgency and Mortal Empires, while still rough in some areas, is a fantasy sandbox of slaughter. I've loved all 600 hours and counting.

If there's something you don't like about the game, hop on the Steam Workshop. There's probably a mod that'll fix or change that. There's also a lot of quality of life mods and things that give the in-game art a bit more flavor. The modding community is amazing.

I had never played either game, I thought Total War Warhammer 2 was a stand-alone game... which apparently it is, but not the full game.

This whole thing has been a pain in the ass. Why even call it "2" if it's the same fucking game? Already refunded on steam, not sure if I'll purchase #1 or not after this.

I had never played either game, I thought Total War Warhammer 2 was a stand-alone game... which apparently it is, but not the full game.

This whole thing has been a pain in the ass. Why even call it "2" if it's the same fucking game? Already refunded on steam, not sure if I'll purchase #1 or not after this.

Each Warhammer game is a full game because they're both standalone games with entirely different campaigns and campaign maps. It's the free update that combines both games and factions and will eventually include the third game as well. Some people bitched about 2 being more of an expansion than a full game which is very ignorant. A lot of PC gamers are cheap fucks yet want every single thing in a game to use cutting edge tech and want to purchase the game for less than $20 on release. It really is disrespectful to the studio considering how much new content is in 2 when you consider all the new music, voice acting, art, animations, engine updates, game mechanics, and a completely new campaign map.

I'd suggest purchasing the first game and giving it a go because you can find it cheaper than the sequel right now.

Each Warhammer game is a full game because they're both standalone games with entirely different campaigns and campaign maps. It's the free update that combines both games and factions and will eventually include the third game as well. Some people bitched about 2 being more of an expansion than a full game which is very ignorant. A lot of PC gamers are cheap fucks yet want every single thing in a game to use cutting edge tech and want to purchase the game for less than $20 on release. It really is disrespectful to the studio considering how much new content is in 2 when you consider all the new music, voice acting, art, animations, engine updates, game mechanics, and a completely new campaign map.

I'd suggest purchasing the first game and giving it a go because you can find it cheaper than the sequel right now.

I just wanted to play Chaos Barbarians, and rampage through the fucking world like I did in the tabletop.

Apparently, they're a $20 DLC for the first game?

$60.00 Warhammer
$80.00 DLC
$60.00 Warhammer II
$20.00 Tomb Kings DLC coming out next week

This game better be the best fucking thing ever invented - even World of Warcraft didn't cost this much for the full game and it's eleven million expansions.

I just wanted to play Chaos Barbarians, and rampage through the fucking world like I did in the tabletop.

$60.00 Warhammer
$80.00 DLC
$60.00 Warhammer II

This game better be the best fucking thing ever invented - even World of Warcraft didn't cost this much for the full game and it's eleven million expansions.

Well, you just missed a Steam winter sale and all but the second game was discounted. Chaos Warriors are $7.99 btw. All that DLC was released over a year long period including some free things like The White Dwarf, Bretonnia and Regiments of Renown.

As the rule goes for PC gaming, never pay full price if you don't want to. $63 for both games here:

https://www.cdkeys.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Total+war+warhammer

Well, you just missed a Steam winter sale and all but the second game was discounted. Chaos Warriors are $7.99 btw. All that DLC was released over a year long period including some free things like The White Dwarf, Bretonnia and Regiments of Renown.

As the rule goes for PC gaming, never pay full price if you don't want to. $63 for both games here:

https://www.cdkeys.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Total+war+warhammer

I'm enjoying the shit out of this game, playing Warhammer 1 right now.

It's a lot harder than I thought it would be, especially the non-combat stuff. Managing cities and what not. It's in depth.

Can multiple people play a campaign against each other? Like, could we get 4-5 Sherdoggers and have a FFA campaign, or is it only online 1v1 battles and 2-player co-op?

Also, Add me on Discord Dulu#5759

$60.00 Warhammer
$80.00 DLC
$60.00 Warhammer II

Some of the stuff has dipped to 75% off. I've got about half of the DLC and WH1 and I've spent maybe 50$ on it total.

(Got WH1 and some DLC through humble bundle)

It's a lot harder than I thought it would be, especially the non-combat stuff. Managing cities and what not. It's in depth.

Can multiple people play a campaign against each other? Like, could we get 4-5 Sherdoggers and have a FFA campaign, or is it only online 1v1 battles and 2-player co-op?

<{monica}>

Massive post incoming. Both games really are fantastic and will provide you with a ton of content. Every factions plays differently, moreso than any other Total War game ever. For WH1 DLC (the DLC has gotten progressively better with each release so I am hyped to the moon for Tomb Kings) I'd rank them this way in order of must purchase/play to if you've got the cash why not.

1. Norsca - must buy. Totally unique units, some of the most fun campaign mechanics (monster hunts) and the faction leader is so fucking cool, Wulfrik the Wanderer. A note though...if you buy them and Total War Warhammer 2 before May, you can't play Norsca jn the combined games map. Long story but basically the studio screwed up/was way harder to add to the game than they thought, apologized and set May as the time when Norsca will be added.

2. Bretonnia - Cavalry heavy focus with some hilarious and flavorful voice acting. The faction leader Louen Leouncoeur is a beast in the game. It's free too!

3. Wood Elves - Unique campaign mechanics and archery focus. Their archery will slaughter enemies but most units are pretty soft and get ruined quickly. Good thing some units can run and shoot at the same time. Has towns/settlements but almost plays like a horde faction.

4. King and Warlord - both have unique campaign starts that stress urgency and the main leader plays different than the other lords of the same race. Skarsnik is Greenskjns yet focus on Goblins and the like. Belegar has anscestral heroes units that are very strong and unique.

5. Beastmen - I love hordes and I love half man, half beast races in Warhammer (Skaven yes yes!) but they're clearly the first DLC pack and didn't get the same budget as the later releases. Their roster is a little thin compared to all the other factions but some of their units are insanely strong and a lot of fun to play...specifically the Minotaurs, Cygors and the GOREBULL. I love them a lot but they're probably the most criticized release besides Chaos. Campaign mechanic based around moon cycles with choices that give something but also take something from you.

You already have Chaos so Grim and Grave release is fairly forgettable because Helman Gorst is probably the worst legendary lord of the entire game. Even with some recent buffs.

If you're enjoying TW1, you're going to love the sequel. Lizardmen, Dark Elves, High Elves and Skaven is some of the best work CA has done. Each faction is so much different than the other it's nuts.

Forgot to add to this. It's daunting at first but they did a good job at streamlining the building and management systems for the Warhammer games so you can get into the meat of the game more, the epic battles.

Provinces play out in 1 capital city plus 2 to 3 settlements. Capitals can build up to 5 different tiers so you want to stick your elite army unit buildings in a capital. Can't remember if this is WH1 or WH2 but some buildings have special buildings like trade resources or buildings that reduce unit upkeep. I always build those. Settlements go up to tier 3 which will usually include income buildings, lower tier army buildings and growth. I usually focus on my capital first and then focus on settlements. Your capital is easier to defend and requires a lot more investment of time and money.

Depending on the faction, I emphasize growth + cash first and second. Don't be afraid to demolish a building if it's not useful any more....like a growth building once your capital + settlements are maxed out because you'll get a bit of cash back and free up a building slot for something more useful.

If you're playing Chaos, go for growth first. I usually wait to upgrade my horde until the main building is tier 5, the very first building, and then expand the the rest of the horde with army units.) For Chaos, I pretty much built up a stack of 20 starting units and then demolished the starting army unit building as they're low tier and you're better off rushing for the Chosen units tree when you have the growth points and the money. They'll be your end-game frontline and don't take a whole lot of effort or time to rush. When you've got a good pile of cash from razing settlements, it'll be time to recruit another lord so you can get a second horde going. I babysit that one with the main horde until the new one starts to get its growth up, army buildings and upkeep reduction in place.

A lot of people don't like hordes but I really enjoy them. There's less management to do and it's a bigger focus on burning the world to the ground while making a ton of cash.

Some of the stuff has dipped to 75% off. I've got about half of the DLC and WH1 and I've spent maybe 50$ on it total.

(Got WH1 and some DLC through humble bundle)

Fancy seeing you here.

WH2 was the best game of 2017.

$60.00 Warhammer
$80.00 DLC
$60.00 Warhammer II

But if you play it for hundreds of hours over a period of months and years, it's worth every penny.

Back