Wedding Music

astrozician

Orion's Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Specifically looking for processional / bridal entrance music. A couple questions:

1) Anyone ever perform at weddings? If so, what songs or classical music pieces?
2) What other songs would make good classy music?

Here's what I've done over the years.

Piano:
Wagner – Bridal Chorus - (Not particularly fond of this; overdone, unoriginal)
Mendelssohn – Wedding March
UNV – You are my sunshine
UNV – I am so in love with you
Santa Esmerelda – You’re My Everything
Martin Niavera – You are my song

Guitar:
Israel Kamakawiwo'ole - Somewhere over the rainbow (ukulele style)
Johnny Cash – I walk the line
Beatles – In my life

I like to have a few songs on hand just in case. Anything good ones I should brush up on?

Schism by Tool

haha, at least you guys don't disappoint. C'mon now, it's easy money.

GOAT:

The melody and singing are unbeatable. Having a man-woman duet to mirror the married couple is a nice touch as well.

The only negative is that "time to say goodbye" doesn't fit in a wedding. The funny thing is that the Italian lyrics don't have anything to do with saying goodbye or farewells or anything. They're actually really sweet and perfect for a wedding.

Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring is great filler music when people are finding their seats if you are playing classical

Can’t Help Falling in Love With You

Forever and Ever Amen

I went to a wedding that had a lady sing Led Zepplin's Thank You A cappella. That was really nice.

The Dance by Garth Brooks is pretty popular for country folks

We had some of the more romantic Joe Satriani songs playing. DJ came to me later and payed respects because usually he has to play horrible russian pop.

I went to a wedding that had a lady sing Led Zepplin's Thank You A cappella. That was really nice.
Rain Song would be pretty awesome for a wedding. I've actually thought of this before.

Back