Liver Shot

Silver tongue samurai

Ronin
@Blue
Reaction score
When hitting the liver with a lead hook how much do you bend your knees? I know some people who will bend and throw it parallel to the ground while others bend more at the waist and kind of dig it up if that makes sense. Is it just preference?

Depends on how tall or short your opponent is as well, do whatever feels good and lands on their liver lol

For me liver punch is more like an uppercut, so there's definitely bend in the waist and some bend in the knees with rear leg planted on the ball of the foot to give you springiness. If you also need to close the distance, you will be stepping forward with your front leg at the same time that you're bending in the waist.

Last edited:
Whatever you can get away with. I've even seen liver shots done with the fist kept horizontal like an overhand grip on a kettlebell.

For me liver punch is more like an uppercut, so there's definitely bend in the waist and some bend in the knees with rear leg planted on the ball of the foot to give you springiness. If you also need to close the distance, you will be stepping forward with your front leg at the same time that you're bending in the waist.

Sounds like how El Guapo himself says to throw it. Trying to dig up under the ribs and really pierce the liver

El Guapo boxed?
1405-3.jpg

hey guys, so why were on liver shots knowing the exact location of the liver is a good thing too, so you know exactly where to hit. I think youll find that most people dont really know where it is, and only think on the "left side" and are aiming way lower than it really is. I was recently searching this myself and came across a good youtube video about it, but not much else. Some images or diagrams etc would be good too. if anyone has anything like that to share would be great, or any other vital organ shots like the spleen for example, weak points, etc would be great.

For me the liver shot is a mix between hook and straight, more straight actually. I get in position, then push in. Its kinda difficult to explain, but I kinda "extend" my hip slightly upward as I do it

Back