Stevenson-Jack May 19th Showtime

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
http://www.boxingscene.com/stevenson-jack-land-march-alvarez-gvozdyk-purse-bid--124143

The organization had already sanctioned a world title fight between WBC light heavyweight champion Adonis Stevenson (29-1, 24 KOs) and once-beaten challenger Badou Jack (22-1-2, 13 KOs), who moved up from super middleweight last year.

That contest, according to the WBC, is going to take place on a date in March.

Also

There was also a final eliminator ordered, between undefeated contenders Eleider Alvarez and Oleksandr Gvozdyk.

Sulaiman states that their teams have been unable to reach an agreement, at least as of now, and the WBC has set down a purse bid for Friday, January 12th.

Gvozdyk is promoted by Bob Arum of Top Rank, while Alvarez is handled by Yvon Michel and advised by Al Haymon. The winner of the purse bid will determine which television network will carry the fight. Top Rank is aligned with ESPN and Michel/Haymon are with Showtime.

Question : Why do you keep posting news from Boxingscene here verbatim ?

Good fight but holy shit, can’t believe Adonis is 40 years old!

You don’t have to read the posts

No but do I have to see you litter the Boxing sub forum index with your banal regurgitations.
This'd be like littering the War Room with every CNN / Fox News update of the Mayberry with People Magazine articles...on the regular ?

If you're trying to up your "useful contributor" quotient so you can be a mod .........<Dany07>

Last edited:
Jack will take this.

I like your posts MMA Lopez.

Dude what’s going on here is people don’t realise that most of us post around different forums and actually can easily realise who these people are. They think being billy big stones and posting things from cliffs site makes them look smart. Cliff Rold is a nice guy and wouldn’t want you trying to fob people off with every story that gets posted on boxing scene. Almost anyone who likes boxing on here will have seen the posts already.

I support MMA Lopez. I do not go to any other boxing site/forum.

I mean, this is a pretty big fight, and this is the first thread here on it..... so start discussing it, and stop being whiney bitches.

Great fight tho. I don't like Stevenson, so I hope he loses. Not a fan of Jack really either, but I don't dislike him, and at least he is young and go on to further unify the division. Sucks Ward retired, but at least there is a good number of decent fighters at the division for the next few years.

I like MMALOPEZs contributions, he makes threads that are new to me, I don't go anywhere else but here to discuss, glad he opens the new topics with relevant articles and links to said articles, too.

I'm really interested I this Jack/Stevenson fight, I'm not sure who wins, it's a tough out for both I think. We'll see if Stevenson still has it, but if he's slowed down any, Jack has a lot of tools to exploit him.

I like MMALOPEZs contributions, he makes threads that are new to me, I don't go anywhere else but here to discuss, glad he opens the new topics with relevant articles and links to said articles, too.

I'm really interested I this Jack/Stevenson fight, I'm not sure who wins, it's a tough out for both I think. We'll see if Stevenson still has it, but if he's slowed down any, Jack has a lot of tools to exploit him.
Dude I don’t mind his threads I just want to know who he is.

I think stevenson has one more good fight in him. He will beat jack fairly easy

Stevenson is ripe for the picking, jack's body punching should see him through.

No but do I have to see you litter the Boxing sub forum index with your banal regurgitations.
This'd be like littering the War Room with every CNN / Fox News update of the Mayberry with People Magazine articles...on the regular.

If you're trying to up your "useful contributor" quotient so you can be a mod .........<Dany07>

You are the one wasting our time bitching about it.

Stevenson is old for boxer but with his recent competition it's not like he's going through wars. I'm 50/50 here.

And I'm equally interested in Alvarez vs Gvozdyk. This will tell us a lot about both of them and will probably be a good fight.

TS gets too much shit, he sourced the OP. And what’s better is after I read it, I get to talk to you bozos instead of the bozos at Boxing Scene.

I’ll take Jack here. He keeps improving and staying active against good comp, while Adonis has been less active, and fighting the not-so-cream-of-the-crop at LHW.

You really think so? Easy even?

Every time i see bado fight hes getting rocked, stevenson is really good fighter but hes getting old. I cant see bado fucking him up. I think people are just tired of stevenson

I’ll take Jack here. He keeps improving and staying active against good comp, while Adonis has been less active, and fighting the not-so-cream-of-the-crop at LHW.
I agree! I’m going with Jack here. He is a very improved fighter and he looked great in his last fight.

Back