$800,000 Settlement In Trans Bathroom Quandary

Well some settlements are paid out by insurance companies. Not sure about this one. I know Mike Brown's mom got her settlement paid for by Ferguson's insurance only because they didn't want to deal with the publicity

So if a job fires you because of your ethnicity and you don't work there anymore, you shouldn't be able to sue...because you don't work there anymore?

<1>

Your legal system in the US is fucked.

As we say in Australia - "cunt is fucked".

Eh, the administration screwed this up. Determining whether or not to allow a transgender to use a restroom is one thing, making him wear an arm band and monitoring his trips to the restroom outside of some behavioral issue is something else.

Last edited:
I got pushed into the girl's bathroom in high school.

x0d4_f-maxage-0.gif

So if a job fires you because of your ethnicity and you don't work there anymore, you shouldn't be able to sue...because you don't work there anymore?

<1>
Completely different set of circumstances

Completely different set of circumstances

No, it's not. A violation of civil rights is a violation of civil rights. If you litigate based on that violation, your case doesn't go away just because you're no longer at the place that discriminated against you. That's downright idiocy.

No, it's not. A violation of civil rights is a violation of civil rights. If you litigate based on that violation, your case doesn't go away just because you're no longer at the place that discriminated against you. That's downright idiocy.
I agree that that's a bad argument.

Sorry and a manly handshake should be sufficient recompense .

They should have nipped this whole thing in the bud at the start, now we have to deal with this lunacy forever.

She wasn’t fired, she graduated. And in what way were her civil rights violated?

I'll note that there's actually is some nuance here. A case can go away depending on the relief sought. The plaintiff might no longer be entitled to injunctive relief (an order requiring the defendant to do something or stop doing something) once he or she has graduated and is no longer at the school or have any reasonable expectation of further attendance. (Mootness doctrine). They usually are still entitled to money damages for harms that happened while at school, though.

This is a little different from an employee who would expect to be in the position in the future.

Similar thing happens with prisons a lot. A prisoner who is permanently transferred from one prison to another can't get injunctive relief at the first, though damages are still possible. But he would be entitled to injunctive relief if temporarily transferred,or if the transfer was improper, because he'd have an expectation of returning.

Did you read the article? You posted it.
Monitoring her restroom usage and making her wear a wrist band doesn’t seem like a violation of rights, seems like measures they took because she would sneak into the men’s bathroom for some mentally insane validation.

How about the boys’ rights not to piss in front of a biological female? Certainly there is some sexual misconduct suit there. I’d sue the school and the chick for damages.

Monitoring her restroom usage and making her wear a wrist band doesn’t seem like a violation of rights, seems like measures they took because she would sneak into the men’s bathroom for some mentally insane validation.

I mean, it sure sounds like discriminatory treatment to me, but i'm also not the one showing a striking amount of disregard for the science and social rights afforded to transgenders in the current day.

But i'm sure your ignorance isn't affecting what's clearly a violation of civil rights...right?

Sorry and a manly handshake should be sufficient recompense .
How sexist!!!!!!!! Just because she wants to identify as male doesn't mean that she wants to be manly. She should sue you for such an implication.

I know of a case of a transgender person who is biologically male and usually identifies as female, except when the only clean clothes are men's clothes and on those days identifies as male. Apparently gender isn't determined by biology but by laundry.

Back