• Poll closed .

JayPettryMMA

Danger Zone Aficionado
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
The 2017 Shonuf Award - Mod of the Year

Shonuf Award.png

As most of you know, we lost a dear friend this year, when our brother shonuf passed away after health issues this past July. One of the hardest working mods on here, he loved the sport and the community as a whole so much. More than just a moderator, he was a friend. No matter who you were, and whether you liked him or not at the moment, he always treated everyone with kindness and respect, and was just an overall great guy. Rest in peace, brother. We'll miss you.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/rip-shonuf-dec-15-1977-jul-21-2017.3629025/

Mods. We're a part of this as much as you are. We do our best to keep things flowing smoothly without getting in the way, and some may forget that we are fans of the sport too at the end of the day. We love the community, and you guys, for making Sherdog lively and busy with over 150,000 posters, and we as a forum are doing better than ever have thanks to you. As BC said last year, we try to keep this place bearable and fun. And now, your nominees for the 2017 Mod of the Year.

The Nominees

60595.jpg

@1PunchKO
This dude loves all things fighting from the UFC to Kickboxing to Island Fights, so chances are, you'll find him hanging out in every PBP thread you can find, even sometimes in two or three at once.

"Brock could take 2 DJ's ( One per hand) and probably 4 Cariasos. ( One per limb)"

307909.jpg

@Arkridge
If you want to know the latest breaking news, Ark is your guy. Who's this guy or girl fighting? Ask Ark. It's about time he started getting recognized for his matchmaking and writing skills.

"Go home. You're drunk."

410403.jpg

@Augustus Caesar
AC is our J-Pop, K-Pop, L-Pop and any other -pop expert, and although he won this award a few years back, he's still got it. Always willing to lend a hand or bend an ear, and the jury's still out on the whole "is he Asian" thing.

"I would never have an open relationship but to each his own. I wish you the best of cuck. I mean luck."

283335.jpg

@chunglii
If there are fights on, you better believe chunglii is watching them and laughing it up in the PBP threads. His dream of Megan Anderson on the big stage may come true very soon, so his avatar could prove to be prophetic. Good luck with Cyborg.

"maybe head trauma is the cure to gigantism and Bigfoot is a genius"

415607.jpg

@Inverse
He's the jack of all trades around here, dabbling in just about every part of the forum, making friends wherever he goes. Word is he sure plays a mean pinball.

"Everyone has varying interest in everything in life."

239202.jpg

@Jackonfire
Stepping out from behind the curtain this year to take on the daunting task of the PBP threads, Jack is our one true funk master.

"It's not losing your cool when another man is touching you and you don't want him to so you handle the situation."

323535.jpg

@jeicex
Silent and smooth, just like always. He's on top of his game when it comes to fight stats and music, and he wants to know why we're not doing phrasing anymore.

"Something tells me these guys are going to continue to bang. Phrasing"

39296.jpg

@Kung Fu Tze
Dave Jenkins. Calder Benson. Jim Cooper. Chuck Youngblood. They were all alive before they met Kung Fu Tze.

"Them A-Level.... Black Belt Hands. Dude is going to give out CTE like it is candy."

325357.jpg

@Lethal
One of two nominees that turned orange this year, if you have a problem, ask Lethal. He's the ultimate "behind the scenes" tour de force, and his avatars always make you stare at them for a while.

"Those are tears of joy now"

124172.jpg

@Peteyandjia
The mod-min that we deserve, but not the one we need. If you start a fight with Petey, you damn sure better be willing to finish it. If you do you're a fool, cuz he duels to the death, tryin to step to him, you'll take your last breath.

"Only 3 'lol's in this short post, you sure that's enough?"

475585.jpg

@Slobodan
Likes to work behind the scenes in the heavies and poke his head out every now and then to drop a nugget of wisdom. Also worth noting for you savages out there that he's the most 'liked' mod of the whole crew, whatever that means.

"Only known fighter to cut height"

507467.jpg

@Valhoven
Although he's just been a mod for the past three months, he has bodyslammed his way into our hearts with his solid references, topical gifs, and clever mind. You may have known him as Valkosen, but he's Val to us.

"I always liked you, C, but now you must be reprocessed into fertiliser."

Vote in this thread and youre getting banned. <Y2JSmirk>

@Arkridge. How else would I get my MMA news other than his incessant "BREAKING" threads?

Never heard of em.

@Jackonfire gets my vote.

I always find myself agreeing with his posts on the fight game.

@Kung Fu Tze is right up there with him, for the same reason.

Both guys know their fights / fighters.

Awesome that it's called the shonuf award. Hespect

Back