TJ Dillashaw throws Conor under the Bus ('Afraid to Fight')

Ghost in the Dark

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://www.lowkickmma.com/ufc-champ-says-he-wont-avoid-defending-like-afraid-conor-mcgregor/

107_Cody_Garbrandt_vs_TJ_Dillashaw.0.jpg

“This is a way to put a stamp on my legacy. I was a little hurt losing that split decision [to Dominick Cruz] and not being on a 13-fight win streak and being called the pound-for-pound best in the world.

In my mind, I should be No. 1. So it comes down to beating Demetrious Johnson to prove I’m the best, and it’s a huge thing for my legacy to be the double champ in two weight classes.

I’m not a Conor McGregor. I’m going to be active defending my belts. I’m not afraid to fight."

conor-mcgregor-ufc202-post-750.jpg

TJ is 135 champ and is actively pursuing Mighty Mouse at 125 to become a 2 belt champ.

So, you want to beat on a smaller guy to claim a legacy. LOL

At least Conor McGregor moved up to 170 and fought, lost and won. That is a much better way of building a legacy.

If you want to build a legacy, call out Max Holloway. p4p is for people who move up weight, not down.

He doesn't HAVE to fight. That's the difference.

At least Conor McGregor moved up to 170 and fought, lost and won. That is a much better way of building a legacy.

If you want to build a legacy, call out Max Holloway. p4p is for people who move up weight, not down.

Two 155’ers fighting at 170 isn’t moving up to WW to fight.

Needs to fight wonderboy, lawler,maia woodley etc.

No, it really isn't. It's bonkers how many people have no fucking clue what P4P means.

P4P means if they were the same size, who would win. That's it. It's just a hypothetical means of determining the best fighters, or fighter, regardless of weight.

I think TJ beats DJ and probably is the pound for pound best fighter in MMA at the moment.

Conor went up in weight & destroyed the lineal World LW champ

TJ is moving down in weight to hunt a mouse​

I just brought WWE 2K18 on PS4 and its great, I created a tag team of Jake the snake Roberts and Tj Dillasnake, the name of my tag team is called "Pure Venom". I can't wait to use them, I will defeat everyone online in my tag team matches, I already used them on single player in a tag match and we beat Earthquake and Typhoon

Ecmpv8b.jpg

B4GRdyZ8.jpg

wljakerobertsfact1.jpg

0908-jake-the-snake-get-well-09-300w.jpg

698523_ps4_b.png

Hell yeah I'm back into wrestling because I can create my fantasy tag team.

Thats the biggest truth! Conor just fought Floyd Mayweather...thats retirement money for your grandkids right there. Conor has zero financial incentive to fight in the UFC right now. He has so many other options right now that TJ Dillashaw sill never have. Conor has the luxury of sitting on his ass and deciding if and when he wants to fight.

I just brought WWE 2K18 on PS4 and its great, I created a tag team of Jake the snake Roberts and Tj Dillasnake, the name of my tag team is called "Pure Venom". I can't wait to use them, I will defeat everyone online in my tag team matches, I already used them on single player in a tag match and we beat Earthquake and Typhoon

Ecmpv8b.jpg

B4GRdyZ8.jpg

wljakerobertsfact1.jpg

0908-jake-the-snake-get-well-09-300w.jpg

698523_ps4_b.png

Hell yeah I'm back into wrestling because I can create my fantasy tag team.

"Not scared to defend like Conor"

*seeks fight with champ in lower weight class over defending his newly won title

<DirkMavs>

Conor went up in weight & destroyed the lineal World LW champ

TJ is moving down in weight to hunt a mouse​
TJ is already at an optimum weight class where he fights guys his size and doesn't need to drop insane amounts of weight.You can even say he is small for bantamweight. If TJ moved up, he would be at an incredible size disadvantage. He wouldn't still be bigger like Conor.

Fought a career LW at 170 because said career LW was literally on a party boat in Cabo when he got the call and couldn't make 155 in time for the fight.

Last edited:

Then drop the belt and keep not fighting, when you have a belt and you suppose to be the cream of the division you're required to fight...

Dislike TJ but have to agree with him here. Conor is sitting back wasting other fighters primes as he desperately tries to bridge the skill gap. It's either that or he afraid. Remember when he said that a champ should be stripped if he doesn't fight but isn't injured lol

No, it really isn't. It's bonkers how many people have no fucking clue what P4P means.

P4P means if they were the same size, who would win. That's it. It's just a hypothetical means of determining the best fighters, or fighter, regardless of weight.
Exactly. You have to go up to be p4p. Why? Because you can only get so much bigger. The chances of a guy fighting at 135 to gain athletically viable weight and fight at 265 are very low.

But if that guy moves up to 145 and is very successful, then moves up to 155 and is very successful. Then we can make a logical hypothesis stating that "if this fighter could gain athletic weight up to 265, then he would be very successful." That is p4p.

You have to show that you can fight at a higher reasonable weight classes to be P4P. Just because you can go down and beat a smaller guy doesn't mean you can move up and beat a bigger guy. But if you can move up and beat a bigger guy, then we can reasonably guess that you will be able to beat a smaller guy.

This is my understanding of P4P and I am sticking with it. In Boxing you have to move up weight-classes to be in the P4P discussion. Since boxing started the concept, I am going with their understanding of it.

Back