Bellator 192 tickets not selling well

chrisdiaz

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I just got an email offering floor seats for a little over 80 bucks a pop at the FORUM. Im pretty sure Tito vs Sonnen sold better, I was there. I tihnk people over-estimate how big a draw Rory is and no one knows Lima. Pretty sad for bellator but they may have just talked me into going.

Bellator hardly ever sells out arena shows. They have made improvements, but have a long way to go. 5-10k seat arenas is where Bellator is right now

That said, ufc had trouble selling arenas out this year as well. I’ve read that out of all the events ufc had in 2017, they only sold out 13.

Bad year for mma or over pricing? A bit of both I’m asumming.

Bellator hardly ever sells out arena shows. They have made improvements, but have a long way to go. 5-10k seat arenas is where Bellator is right now

That said, ufc had trouble selling arenas out this year as well. I’ve read that out of all the events ufc had in 2017, they only sold out 13.

When bellator was here last year with tito vs sonnen (and others) the crowd was pretty packed and they managed to fill the upper bowl of the forum. Doesnt look like there getting close to that this time. I think Titos name still draws some casuals and it was there first big fight in LA in a while.

When bellator was here last year with tito vs sonnen (and others) the crowd was pretty packed and they managed to fill the upper bowl of the forum. Doesnt look like there getting close to that this time. I think Titos name still draws some casuals and it was there first big fight in LA in a while.
Yeah I was there for the Chael Tito fight. They did fill up around 80% of the Arena. A lot are comps though. I think the gate for that show was around 500k. Not bad for Bellator.

I’d love to see the gate for this event.

Yeah I was there for the Chael Tito fight. They did fill up around 80% of the Arena. A lot are comps though. I think the gate for that show was around 500k. Not bad for Bellator.

I’d love to see the gate for this event.
Same, I was pleasantly surprised. Forum was a nice venue for mma too, the upper seats have a nice slant so your not that far away. Its too hard NOT to watch ufc 220 though and go to this live...

Dont get why they didnt take this card to Canada, betting Rory in Canada would have sold better than going to Cali.

Guessing they give enough tickets away to fill it up decently but the gate probably wont be very big.

With UFC its def overpricing. Also going to Vegas too much, Vegas really is only for the big fights, COnor and shit. Taking Max/Edgar to Vegas is dumb, that wont sell tickets.

Now if they went to Hawaii or NY/NJ with that fight they probably sell out Barclays and get a 2.5 mill gate easy.

Really can only overprice tickets for Conor big Vegas fights and the big NY PPV, thats it. Should be scaling back the prices for these others shows.

I just got an email offering floor seats for a little over 80 bucks a pop at the FORUM. Im pretty sure Tito vs Sonnen sold better, I was there. I tihnk people over-estimate how big a draw Rory is and no one knows Lima. Pretty sad for bellator but they may have just talked me into going.
The site I use is giving away 300...........

I'd jump on cheap tickets for this event in a heartbeat if it was near me.

At 80 dollar floor seats i'd hope you are going assuming it is close by.

Over pricing in imo

If I was within 200 miles of that card, I'd be going.

Bellator had such a shit year for 2017 they have no momentum right now. Now their biggest show since Tito vs Chael is going head to head with the greatest Heavyweight title fight in years.

Bellator spent a lot of time branching out to other countries with shit time delay cards. The Heavyweight grand prix should get some interest back. Right now they are coming off a down year so it doesn't surprise me that ticket sales are bad.

I went to Bellator Overeem vs Werdum in the tournament

over priced and all the people there had comped tickets just handing them out to buddies
front rows were pretty empty so we just walked down there and nobody told us anything

got a pic with Miesha and wished her luck against Marloes (when she became champ)

I went to Bellator Overeem vs Werdum in the tournament

over priced and all the people there had comped tickets just handing them out to buddies
front rows were pretty empty so we just walked down there and nobody told us anything

got a pic with Miesha and wished her luck against Marloes (when she became champ)
You mean strikeforce?

I know the only ones getting sell outs at this point
is the smaller promotions such as Invicta & LFA
since they go to smaller venues that seat less people
and the event ticketing is typically handled through
third party or in house sales not named ticketmaster.

The site I use is giving away 300...........
Dont tease us man, hit me with a message if needed. I would love to go for free and would buy all kinds of bellator shit with the savings.

I know the only ones getting sell outs at this point
is the smaller promotions such as Invicta & LFA
since they go to smaller venues that seat less people
and the event ticketing is typically handled through
third party or in house sales not named ticketmaster.
Debating on going to that LFA fight tomorrow too...I dont know if I can justify spending 90 for 2 tickets when I could go to bellator tho...

Back