Saddest moment in a game?

The end of the first Telltale Walking Dead game was pretty good.

In Grim Fandango, Salvador and Lola's deaths were pretty sad when I was 8 years old.

I played through a good portion of it before I stopped playing. Got busy and was meaning to pick it back up then I saw a poster of the 2nd episode and I more or less knew what happens. Grrrr..

Last of Us beginning scene..

Suikoden 2 Nanami if you don’t recruit all the characters..

Final Fantasy 7 you know what scene..

Those are my 3 favorite games of all time so maybe I’m biased.

The first ending was brutal when you realize that you are the bad guy. Then the second play through you find out exactly what you were killing in the first play through and the bosses get their back stories. Then the game kicks you in the balls harder over the course of the last 3 endings... holy fuck this game was great.

DA_Eaq.gif

I was JUST gonna say...20 FUCKING POSTS and nobody had mentioned this scene? The hell is wrong with people. And the way Rockstar pulled it off with making you think you had a chance made it even more difficult to swallow. Such a masterful execution.

Also the end of Telltale's TWD first season.

second the Walking Dead season 1 ending

credit to the casting director for the excellent voice actors

2a80a1a327124893690d937d087bea14.jpg

I always feel like I've let him down....

Also, Brothers: Tales of Two Sons was a sneaky sad ending. Didn't see it coming.

Completely forgot about Sam and Henry from The Last of Us until this thread. Right in the feels! And obviously the beginning of that game too.

I had no idea what Bioshock Infinite's ending meant, and then when I looked it up, I was depressed for days.

Completely forgot about Sam and Henry from The Last of Us until this thread. Right in the feels! And obviously the beginning of that game too.
That was just shocking and depressing. I didn't get teh sads from that

@TeTe I'll loan you my PS4. You'd love this game

That was just shocking and depressing. I didn't get teh sads from that

@TeTe I'll loan you my PS4. You'd love this game

It was shocking too, but the convo with the kid beforehand seals it. He knows he's done. Heartbreaking.

second the Walking Dead season 1 ending

credit to the casting director for the excellent voice actors
That ending was depressing... and the ending of Read Dead Redemption

This poor woman still loved him...

Some good ones already mentioned like FFVII and Lee in TwD game.

The prologue and some points in Ori are soul crushing. First time i ever welled up a bit at a prologue to a video game.

Lost Odyssey when Kaim meets his grandkids and sees his daughter for the first time in decades.

Back