The 2017 Heavies Awards - Prospect of the Year - Winner: Zabit Magomedsharipov

2017 Heavies Awards- Prospect of the Year

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
all pretty damn good.

But Costa should win this pretty easily.

Not if you take into consideration that guy looks like he was created in a cauldron of PED's.

Paulo's only prospect is to get banned by USADA

Would have been Volkov
I considered him, given he's only had 3 UFC fights but he's had an extensive career outside of the UFC. Bellator and M-1 champion. Almost 40 pro fights. I think most would be hard pressed to call him a prospect at this point.

Erik Silva is the prospect of the decade...

Because at his age it will be 10 years before he truly hits the scene.

I considered him, given he's only had 3 UFC fights but he's had an extensive career outside of the UFC. Bellator and M-1 champion. Almost 40 pro fights. I think most would be hard pressed to call him a prospect at this point.

How does he have almost 40 pro fights?

Id vote Costa but Im afraid he'll lose to USADA
so going with Zabit - hes very quick, great skills standing and on the ground

The 2017 Heavies Awards- Prospect of the Year

Hey all! We at Sherdog appreciate your participation thus far for the 2017 Heavies Awards. We've had a few categories play out already so far and the results have been awesome. For this round of voting, we're bringing you the "Prospect of the Year" award!

2017 was a great year for the UFC & MMA in general. We saw a ton of new and exciting prospects begin to shine and enter the ranks of the elite. 2018 is projected to be a big year for our nominees, we'll definitely see some new title contenders and maybe even a champion or two! It was hard to narrow this one down with so many athletes competing nowadays but we managed to get the category down to 6 contestants.

Please vote in the thread and hope into the comments to let us know why you feel your choice deserves Prospect of the Year! Thanks again everyone!

Nominees

Tai Tuivasa - HW - 24 y/o - (1-0) UFC
UFN-121-Best-of-TAI-TUIVASA-vs-Rashad-Coulter-Highlights-part-2.gif

Dominick Reyes - LHW - 28 y/o - (2-0) UFC
SevereKlutzyGoldenretriever-size_restricted.gif

Paulo Borrachinha - MW - 26 y/o - (3-0) UFC
gasdljkf5r.gif

Eryk Anders - MW - 30 y/o - (2-0) UFC
tumblr_otimlyteuU1rofocqo1_500.gif

Zabit Magomedsharipov - FW - 26 y/o - (2-0) UFC
giphy.gif

Sean O'Malley - BW - 23 y/o - (1-0) UFC
Sean-Omalley-legacy-fighting-alliance-KO-2.gif

Honorable Mentions:

Alexander Volkanovski
Gregor Gillespie
Cody Stamann
Calvin Kattar
Benito Lopez
Trevin GIles

....Erick Silva

Hard to pick because all of them are beasts. Looking forward to all of their future fights.

But the only correct answer is Erick Silva.

Some great options, and a tough choice. I've gone for the guy who is likely to go the furthest in his division, IMO......Zabit Magomedsharipov.

Went with Zabit, not sure about Borrachina passing drug tests.

Back