Ringside Apex FTG1

CBDFarm

Quit
Banned
Reaction score
So just to start this off my review will be coming from a novice and is more aimed towards other novices do to my skill level, but i hope all feel welcome.

While recently shopping for a new heavy bag, I also came across a ringside flash sale, i just couldnt pass up. I got these gloves for 24.99(regularly 54.99) and while they are flashy and im normally not really into flashy, I love neon green, and for the price, I couldnt pass it up... I got the L/XL version which is only 10oz which scared me at first... but...

First off lets start off with Ringsides description.
Fight your way to the top with Ringside’s Apex Boxing Gloves. Boxing is the undisputed champion of the all-inclusive, comprehensive fitness workout and these durable synthetic gloves will help you push your body every time you put them on.
A tapered, wrap-around closure provides secure wrist support, while the hook & loop closure allows you to take them on and off in seconds - getting you to that boxing cardio workout faster.
The Ringside Apex Bag Glove is the perfect boxing glove for bag work, boxing fitness workouts, and shadow boxing--pick your favorite color today!
  • IMF Technology
  • A ventilated palm and thumb keep the hands dry and comfortable during your workout
  • Multiple colors to match your style
  • Need a larger hand compartment? Check out the Ringside Apex Flash Sparring Gloves (FTG2)
My basic thoughts:
Being my first set of Ringside gloves, and for it being a economy pair, all i can say is wow. The padding is firm, yet has enough give to not be firm on your knuckles or wrist and dampens punches well. At first I was a little nervous, ive always used bigger gloves for bag/pad work, but man these suckers really absorb a lot of impact for how small they are. IMF is real. Do not use in sparring, your partner wont like you.

Build construction/Craftsmanship:
Everything is on point from a novice perspective. They are a synthetic mix of some sort, not stated on the glove. It is about 2 and 1/4 inches of padding,(give or take) they both weigh 10 and 1/8 ounces(weighed them both)The stitching is great, not a single loose, or frayed stitch. The hand compartment will be a tighter fit for those with large hands. The cotton bar in the palm is thick but not enough to be annoyed by it.The wrist support is pretty good, it has a "wrist bar" which helps but it could be a little stiffer in my opinion, but some may like it as you can still move and grab stuff. The thumb is attached. It is placed fine, i never seem to clip my thumb with these and im a novice. The graphic was 100 percent perfect.

Overall:
I would recommend these to whomever didnt want to break the bank for something like bag/padwork. Great glove for an economy class glove, one I will continue to use for bag work/pad work. They do stand out and are flashy so keep that in mind. They look better in person then pictures.

IMAG0633.jpg
IMAG0636.jpg

IMAG0634.jpg

IMAG0635.jpg

IMAG0637.jpg

Last edited:
These glove at that price are really good gloves. I don't like IMF type padding because I don't feel like I am properly landing on my knuckles, but I had this exact same gloves in the past and they felt good.

No need to pay top $ to have good gloves imo.

Great review.

These glove at that price are really good gloves. I don't like IMF type padding because I don't feel like I am properly landing on my knuckles, but I had this exact same gloves in the past and they felt good.

No need to pay top $ to have good gloves imo.

Great review.

Thanks a lot for the kind words. From my research(as this being my first iMF glove or ringside glove) it seems to be a love or hate relationship.(seems to come down to hand size a lot of times in threads ive read) I personally wish they were a little softer over the knuckles and even more padding on the wrist, but thats when ill be spending more $$$ on a non "economy" pair of gloves. Might have to check out the FTG2 sparing versions if they ever go on a flash sale. So far i like Ringside better then the neverlast, and title gloves ive tried.

If you like IMF type padding, try the Ring to Cage MIM gloves. They are not as hard/bouncy as the Ringside.

Just better all over too.

If you like IMF type padding, try the Ring to Cage MIM gloves. They are not as hard/bouncy as the Ringside.

Just better all over too.

I havent tried them but they were doing a sale as well(not as well priced as the FTG1s so i ended up with them) but i did research on them and i stayed away from them actually because i was reading while i cant say "negative" reviews i saw a lot of threads saying they are exactly the same with the RTC needing time to break in compared to the ringside and it drove me further away(besides being more expensive) but if i ever get a chance to try them in person i will, i dont like to write things off before i try them.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/ringside-imf-vs-ring-to-cage-mim.1886235/

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/imf-vs-mim.2120021/

Back