update: 50 Shades of Greitens: Governor of Missouri Indicted on Felony Privacy Invasion

Fawlty

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://www.kmov.com/story/37240190/governor-greitens-admits-to-extramarital-affair

In a recording obtained by News 4, a woman says she had a sexual encounter with Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens and that he tried to blackmail her to keep the encounter quiet.

According to the ex-husband, the recording was made just days after Greitens’ and the woman’s first sexual encounter. And also that Greitens took a photograph during the encounter to use as “blackmail” according to the ex-husband.

During his campaign and while serving in his first year in office as Missouri’s Governor, Eric Greitens has billed himself a family man. During his campaign announcement, he stated: “I'm Eric Greitens, I'm a Navy SEAL, native Missourian and most importantly, a proud husband and father."

The ex-husband’s attorney, Al Watkins confirms, he too has been in contact repeatedly with law enforcement agencies about this.

This isn't a surprise to anybody with a brain in Missouri. In other words, 60% of people are shocked. But by all means, keep running on family values- like making minimum wage illegal in St Louis. Hopefully he resigns in disgrace and gets sued out of his house.

Update:

Indicted
http://www.kmov.com/story/37570617/governor-greitens-indicted-on-an-invasion-of-privacy-charge

Invasion of Privacy in the 1st Degree is a Class D Felony in Missouri.

The charge says Greitens knowingly took a photograph of a woman in a "state of full or partial nudity without the knowledge and consent" of that woman. The charge goes on to say the photograph was taken "in a place where a person would have a reasonable expectation of privacy, and the defendant subsequently transmitted the image contained in the photograph in a manner that allowed access to that image via a computer."

Last edited:
Us men need to quit pretending like we want to stay with 1 woman our whole lives. Soon as that first opportunity comes along to fuck that hot little barista at the mom and pop coffee shop every last one of us is getting wet.

Whether he keeps his job or not will depend on the other woman's story now. Sure she told her husband how he took naked pics to blackmail her with - but that could be a lie so her husband wouldn't go to the press about it. She's not telling her side right now, just what her husband recorded her telling him when confronted about it.

Both woman and her now-ex didn't come forward willingly, but only after investigators and media started contacting him about these rumors and even called his daughter's phone and left a message.

Whether he keeps his job or not will depend on the other woman's story now. Sure she told her husband how he took naked pics to blackmail her with - but that could be a lie so her husband wouldn't go to the press about it. She's not telling her side right now, just what her husband recorded her telling him when confronted about it.

Both woman and her now-ex didn't come forward willingly, but only after investigators and media started contacting him about these rumors and even called his daughter's phone and left a message.
Reasonable possibility there. I'm surprised he didn't come forward during the campaign. It was a very high profile race and *he had already been to the cops about it*.

*not sure, maybe not until 2017

Last edited:
Does Greitens admit to the bondage and blindfold part? If this was his go-to on a first sexual affair encounter it would certainly lead me to believe there is other women out there. Could it be a kink that his wife doesn't choose to take part in? If so, he likely needs to scratch that itch outside of his marriage.

Reasonable possibility there. I'm surprised he didn't come forward during the campaign. It was a very high profile race and he had already been to the cops about it.
Probably have to look at the divorce settlement. But also would you really want your life blowing up to be major national news? Did he believe the blackmail photo's exist? Also it sounds like they have kids - maybe he didn't want the specifics out in the public.

On an aside was Greitens involved in Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq? Bound, blindfolded and naked photo's as blackmail for prisoner cooperation was a thing there (hell and probably elsewhere as well). Greitens was a Seal between 2002 and 2005.

Last edited:
Lol. He'll do some soul searching and renew his commitment to Christ-- maybe even be born again (again?)-- all will be forgiven, and he'll be right back to fucking over working people just like a good Repube.

Last edited:
Probably have to look at the divorce settlement. But also would you really want your life blowing up to be major national news?
Maybe so, but I wonder why is this happening now? I might be wrong about him going to the cops in 2016 btw, it could have been last year instead. The woman and her ex also don't seem to be looking for money here but who knows. I'm sure the story will get juicier, and this guy will be outed as quite the rascal.

Lol. He'll do some soul searching and renew his commitment to Christ-- maybe even be born again (again?)-- all will be forgiven, and he'll be right back to fucking over working people just like a good Repube.

Wrong again liberal!

A "barista" is a Starbuck tm.
Starcuck imo.

The Republicans here are already pretty unhappy. The word "resign" is being thrown around a lot.

This guy is a piece. I hope this blows up bigly. Would love to not have him as governor.

This guy is a piece. I hope this blows up bigly. Would love to not have him as governor.
Maybe we will get two for the price of one- Greitens resigning, and then we find out this trashy lady was just telling her husband a lie to get his sympathy. That would be fun.

https://www.nova-magazine.net/republican-pro-life-congressman-slept-patients-paid-abortions/

Here's another good one that came out recently.
GOP "Pro-Life" congressman pressured his ex-wife and former patient he was having an affair with to have abortions.
When GOP congressman Scott DesJarlais (TN) was a doctor, he had sexual relationships with his patients. Despite being a “pro-life” advocate, he pressured women in his life to have abortions, including his ex-wife, who had two abortions while they were together.

Somehow, with the country currently much more aware of sexual abuse issues, DesJarlais has avoided public scrutiny. And he doesn’t dispute the claims either. The 53-year-old congressman said he paid the fine against him levied by the Tennessee Board of Medical Examiners in 2013 for his sexual misconduct with patients.

When theDaily Mailtried reaching out to the two patients the congressman had affairs with 20 years ago, neither wanted to comment.

“This happened nearly 20 years in the past,” said one of the patients, who was just 24 when they had their affair in 2000. “That’s where it needs to stay.”

But the court documents obtained by the Daily Mail show just how manipulative and unethical he was was. To the first patient, only slightly older, he prescribed the now-banned painkiller Darvocet. DesJarlais also brought her to Las Vegas and bought her an $875 watch.

The younger patient got something else from him—an abortion. “She said that I had her pregnant,’ DesJarlais said in evidence. ‘I never really believed it.” However, he still offered to take the young woman, who he called “a psycho” to Atlanta for an abortion.

His first wife, Susan Lohr, a Gulf War veteran, who he said he “supported” in her decision to have two abortions. The first one was while she was on an experimental hormone drug and “was not supposed to get pregnant,’ he testified. ‘There were potential risks.”

The second was “after she had gotten back from Desert Storm and things were not going well between us, and it was a mutual decision,” DesJarlais added.

‘I don’t think it was easy for either one of us,’ he said in court. “I think it was a very difficult and poor choice and I think that there are probably regrets both ways.”

However, now the remarried DesJarlais proclaims that he is ‘pro-life and proud of it’, and says ‘God has forgiven me.’

Thread title should have been better.

@Helden really raised the bar.

I don't believe fully anyone that runs on family values no matter who. You set an example by doing not talking. I dont vote for anyone on what they say their personal family valuse are. I vote on the issues.

One of the issues is what value they want to force others to live by.

Adultery is a civil matter. In no state do they charge you criminally for adultery. I don't support an law making adultery a criminal matter.

In this case because he would like to his wife I would not trust him to do anything he said he would.

However given a choice I would still vote the issues if it was between him and a liberal that was on the opposite side of most of the things I am.

Sometimes you have to make the hard choice and vote for who will at least support the issues in the direction you want.

The best outcome is a good person that is with you on most all issues.

This is harder to find when you are more in the center. And it seems especially center right.

His wife is already trying this route, saying what happened is between them and God and nobody else.

Anyone running family values cred is pretty much guaranteed to be an adulterer or a pedophile.

https://www.nova-magazine.net/republican-pro-life-congressman-slept-patients-paid-abortions/

Here's another good one that came out recently.
GOP "Pro-Life" congressman pressured his ex-wife and former patient he was having an affair with to have abortions.

He sounds like a shit head.

However people do change over time. He could have become pro life now and "got religion" as they say. He however should be honest about his past when asked.

I'm politically kind of pro choice with restrictions.

His wife is already trying this route, saying what happened is between them and God and nobody else.

She is right but since he is in public office he should explain the circumstances and what he did to change a long time ago not now when it was made public.

Us men need to quit pretending like we want to stay with 1 woman our whole lives. Soon as that first opportunity comes along to fuck that hot little barista at the mom and pop coffee shop every last one of us is getting wet.

I pass up opportunities when with somebody. I'm not hunting for it.

Back